Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:38 pm

I was just working on some framing measurements. Can anyone confirm the dimensions for the letterpress chess prints? Mine are nowhere near 8x10.8 " like what is listed in the database, so I'm wondering if that needs correcting . (They're also about 1/8" different from each other, but that's a different issue.)

Also, on an unrelated note, Royal Order #11 might want to contact me. :D
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:49 pm

KSUvet wrote:I was just working on some framing measurements. Can anyone confirm the dimensions for the letterpress chess prints? Mine are nowhere near 8x10.8 " like what is listed in the database, so I'm wondering if that needs correcting . (They're also about 1/8" different from each other, but that's a different issue.)

Mine are both about 6" x 9.5", with The Pawn being slightly longer.
T.H.C.
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Waiting for mfaith to post Aaron's newest Instagram pic. Love it.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:33 pm

I think bloodmilk wins, you guys.

SurfingJeff wrote:
KSUvet wrote:I was just working on some framing measurements. Can anyone confirm the dimensions for the letterpress chess prints? Mine are nowhere near 8x10.8 " like what is listed in the database, so I'm wondering if that needs correcting . (They're also about 1/8" different from each other, but that's a different issue.)

Mine are both about 6" x 9.5", with The Pawn being slightly longer.
Thanks. That's what I have also, including the Pawn being about 1/8" longer.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:33 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:Black Salamander, pencil & gouache on Stonehenge, 2016. ⚔⚔⚔ #aaronhorkey #thevacvvm #royalorder #aves #passandstow
So it goes...
deancc
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Beautiful, beautiful drawings.
mfaith wrote:
aaronhorkey wrote:Black Salamander, pencil & gouache on Stonehenge, 2016. ⚔⚔⚔ #aaronhorkey #thevacvvm #royalorder #aves #passandstow
Lungfish!!!
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:34 pm

KSUvet wrote:Royal Order #11 might want to contact me. :D
I might have something for you.
simianfever
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:54 am

The Horkey/Mitchell fat bird Heavy Metal cover is up for sale in the HM store. Looks like there are three versions of covers this month so not sure how easy it will be to find this one in the wild...

http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/product_ ... ts_id=5863

cotis
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:06 am

simianfever wrote:The Horkey/Mitchell fat bird Heavy Metal cover is up for sale in the HM store. Looks like there are three versions of covers this month so not sure how easy it will be to find this one in the wild...

http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/product_ ... ts_id=5863

and on the EB database in 3...2...1....
jools
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:22 am

You mean it's not already added? Bot be slippin
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
smokeycat
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:25 am

Those royal order sketches all blow me away! So envious of you guys! Wish I was around as I would of jumped back then to sign up!
sitting at a business and was able to get a connection and just wanted to let you guys know the shirts are in stock in limited quantity.
These shirts...
I was pleased to add a few of these to my closet.
I missed yesterday's vacvvm drop but was still grabbed a hoodie and blue tee this morning. :)
Hope y'all are doing well! :cheers:
ImageImageImage
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:13 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:The Ark (WIP detail), acrylic on panel, 2016. ⚔⚔⚔ Under painting begins, a long slog lay ahead... #aaronhorkey #thevacvvm #theark #sumaclust #timecollapsept2

:clap:
So it goes...
piper27
Art Expert

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:11 pm

mfaith wrote:
aaronhorkey wrote:The Ark (WIP detail), acrylic on panel, 2016. ⚔⚔⚔ Under painting begins, a long slog lay ahead... #aaronhorkey #thevacvvm #theark #sumaclust #timecollapsept2

:clap:
Wow I cannot wait to see this entire piece all together. Especially with the blind fox in the bottom part of the roof.
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:40 pm

hey, so...not that any of you noticed or cared, but i stepped away from the ebeans game for a while...even skipped THC 2015...from a distance I followed the poster scene and still picked some up, but really only one's i couldn't live without....very few Horkeys (grabbed the Graveyard collab, duh) were even released in my absence. i was ignoring all my ebeans messages. I was just over most of it and needed a break.

the game finally pulled me back in when a chance to trade for a major Horkey ISO of mine popped up...the elusive Naif had finally called my name.

Just wanted to jump in here and thank Smokey for the TIP on that shirt, grabbed one, thanks! also, gotta agree with him about ALL these R.O. sketches...they are driving me insane, what the hell was i doing when signups for that were going down??!

...and to post of pic of three helmet-less Hork birds. One screen print, one letterpress, and one giclee. So stoked on finally landing a NAIF.
bran
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:58 am

Congrats and welcome back!