Calvin & Hobbes: The Downhill 16 Thomas

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Edit: not worth it
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:34 pm

I make distinctions in my willful appropriation of other people's IP, I fully admit that. Waterson has been very outspoken on his distaste and I respect him enough to abide by his wishes. Plus, this is just a complete ripoff of an image. It lacks any kind of artistic interpretation.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
treweman
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:45 pm

MoviePosterEmpire ... Where's my public floggng? I feel cheated.
veltri
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:52 pm

haven wrote:Out of general curiosity, did the "artist" draw this or is it just a straight reproduction of a Watterson image?
There's something off about the sense of movement in this piece. I'm curious to see if it was originally drawn that way. Depicting movement is one of Watterson's strong points.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
MoviePosterEmpire

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:53 pm

treweman wrote:MoviePosterEmpire ... Where's my public floggng? I feel cheated.
Buy some unlicensed art or gig posters/street art that uses copywritten images? :wink:
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:59 pm

don't you have a Doyle thread to be trolling somewhere?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:02 pm

chalkdust wrote:don't you have a Doyle thread to be trolling somewhere?

Nah this fudge is right up his alley. He probably bought 10
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:15 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:comountaingolf: You own a bootleg "Life Aquatic" piece, "Creature" peek, "Pulp Fiction," "Jackie Brown," "Dazed and Confused"...

biscocrack420: That Pez piece uses Donald Duck's likeness without rights, same with the Primus with "Wonka." What about the "Family Guy" trio of prints? The sixstringer "Breaking Bad" piece? Godmachine "Hellboy?" "Tetsuo Wins?" The Rogues' Gallery Set? NC Winters's turtles? I could keep going on the unlicensed stuff you've bought.

Are you trying to justify your blatant theft by saying "it's ok because other people do it"?

What's next, murder and rape?
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
MoviePosterEmpire

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:38 pm

My comments are in no way an endorsement or a comdennation of the practice of producing unlicensed art. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of select individuals railing against this piece when they are looking to acquire or have already acquired art with unlicensed elements. You can't call out thieves when you yourself are stealing or aiding after the fact.

Also, I have no dog in this fight as I don't own or plan to own a copy of this piece.
Apollo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:41 pm

TheGreatGazoo wrote:My comments are in no way an endorsement or a comdennation of the practice of producing unlicensed art. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of select individuals railing against this piece when they are looking to acquire or have already acquired art with unlicensed elements. You can't call out thieves when you yourself are stealing or aiding after the fact.

Also, I have no dog in this fight as I don't own or plan to own a copy of this piece.
Does your alt love Tim Doyle as much as you do MoviePosterEmpire? Nice delete post action :lol:
Last edited by Apollo on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:41 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:You can't call out thieves when you yourself are stealing or aiding after the fact.
This is the Internet; I can do whatever I want.
That's what she said
MoviePosterEmpire

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Apollo wrote:
TheGreatGazoo wrote:My comments are in no way an endorsement or a comdennation of the practice of producing unlicensed art. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of select individuals railing against this piece when they are looking to acquire or have already acquired art with unlicensed elements. You can't call out thieves when you yourself are stealing or aiding after the fact.

Does your alt love Tim Doyle as much as you do MoviePosterEmpire? Nice delete post action :lol:
I didn't post those words under that account. Good changing the subject.
Apollo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:55 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
Apollo wrote:

You did post essentially the same thing without realizing you were logged into that account and then deleted your post. So you're implying you have more than two accounts then? :lol:
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:56 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
Apollo wrote:

Wait.

Wait.

WAIT!

Can I make an alternate account and be deadpool? Might be fun to insult myself?
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm also "Automator"
That's what she said