KENNY RANDOM'S BACK !!!

General art-related discussion.
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:39 pm

toobs wrote:i know EB is not the end all be all of "street"/pop art collecting but ....
Always a good reminder from time to time. The hate is strong here, but KR doesn't need EB for his art to fly off his store. It's nothing new. Not many Italians around here anyway. Can't even think of one.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:44 pm

No way this fudge sold out. This dude is worse than jboy. #redhotgarbage
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Most people here don't even know the reference. :roll:

KR is huge to the euros.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Curious how there's not a single copy on eBay even a couple of days after the sale. :eh:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
GmidD
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:26 pm

tranito wrote:Curious how there's not a single copy on eBay even a couple of days after the sale. :eh:
It doesn't seem like KRs stuff gets sold on ebay a lot. For as many prints as he's released there aren't many for sale on there. I bought one of these and it will be going on the wall. I know its getting a lot of hate, but I actually really like it.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:25 am

The EB snubbing correlated to the absence of flip is a bit revealing about where most flippers hang. Would have grabbed a large had it featured hand finishing. 500€ has pretty much been his starting price point for HF in the past. Not anymore apparently. :?
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:35 pm

I have never heard of this guy, until this thread. I went and looked at his works, simlar to Banksy, JBoy, Tabby all use silouette style. I do like the Obey collab Snoopy house they did.
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:42 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:I have never heard of this guy, until this thread. I went and looked at his works, simlar to Banksy, JBoy, Tabby all use silouette style. I do like the Obey collab Snoopy house they did.
except for the fact its all done with clip art on a computer and printed digitally unless he has some random CMYK screen prints, i bet the dude cant even color separate his own art, , honestly i really don't get his recycled art that has no feeling, its seems like its always a cash grab. as far as the snubbing comment i collect and own tons of art that won't flip because i really like the artist, i jus think KR is a joke
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:49 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:I have never heard of this guy, until this thread. I went and looked at his works, simlar to Banksy, JBoy, Tabby all use silouette style. I do like the Obey collab Snoopy house they did.
That wasnt an offical Obey colab. Just because it has an Andre icon doeant make it an offical colab.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:56 pm

spagucci1 wrote:
MaxCollinsII wrote:I have never heard of this guy, until this thread. I went and looked at his works, simlar to Banksy, JBoy, Tabby all use silouette style. I do like the Obey Snoopy house they did.
That wasnt an offical Obey colab. Just because it has an Andre icon doeant make it an offical colab.
My mistake, I thought it was official.
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:27 pm

toobs wrote:
except for the fact its all done with clip art on a computer
Huh? What are you talking about? OGs are hand/spray painted.
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:49 pm

we gets it u like KR.... its jus my opinion not everyone has to enjoy his work, if he was sellin his art for like $50 i wouldn't even blink an eye, the fact that he supposedly sells out large print runs instantly at $500 or more a pop and i dont know a single person that likes or owns his fudge is what make me question him thats all . . .
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:48 pm

toobs wrote:we gets it u like KR.... its jus my opinion not everyone has to enjoy his work
Luls. :lol:
Actually, I left your opinion out of the quote and only kept the factual part, because I specifically had no intention to debate opinions on his work and totally respect and get where the criticism comes from. Get over it. You said it's a fact that it's all done with clip art made on the computer, I just mentionned he paints. More like factual than opiniated. It's not like I said everyone should enjoy what he does anyway.. sheesh.. :roll: You could have said, well at least he paints or I still don't believe this guy ever painted anything in his life or whatever, would have been fine, but instead you come back to give us some more of the same opinion. As you said, we gets it you don't like KR... :roll: And who gives a fudge really?
GmidD
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:50 pm

toobs wrote:we gets it u like KR.... its jus my opinion not everyone has to enjoy his work, if he was sellin his art for like $50 i wouldn't even blink an eye, the fact that he supposedly sells out large print runs instantly at $500 or more a pop and i dont know a single person that likes or owns his fudge is what make me question him thats all . . .
I like his stuff and do own a few pieces. And the guy has over 8700 followers on instagram, so there are obviously some people that enjoy his art and i have no problem believing that he can sell out 250 prints. There are a lot of art buyers that dont hang out on EB. And like tranito said, the guy paints a lot of stuff so saying that it's all clipart done on a computer is completely incorrect.
leary411
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:34 pm

I like me some 4 seasons :)
T.K.C.