Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
Z0MBIEproof
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:06 am

SPOILER-----MAYBE

Did everyone else clean up all the damn beer cans you found on the way?

I did but wasn't sure there was a point to it all...probably going to replay it and make different choices to see if there is an alternate ending/story line...

Olly do enlighten me if I am about to waste my time :wink:
Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:27 am

I'm fairly certain the ending is always the same. I replayed a few sections and picked different answers, and they always ended the same.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:11 am

There is one slight alternate ending...

SPOILERS BELOW

The outcome with Delilah is the same no matter what you choose. The only other slight change to the ending you can have is when the helicopter comes to pick you up at Delilah's lookout, if you wait 2 minutes and don't board the helicopter, it takes off and you essentially die in the fire. That's the only thing I read though can be different with the endings.
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 am

The beginning of that game got to me in a way no game ever has before.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:36 am

wonkabars7 wrote:These damn TEENAGERS.
:lol:
They were giving me attitude so I just chucked their radio into the lake!

Spoilers maybe:
Fun game, intro was intense, so many feels! Middle was intriguing with all the mysterious fudge happening, felt almost like LOST or something. I only wish the choices you made changed the storyline or ending or something, seems like no matter what you do or choose, everything is the same.

Agree with a lot of the reviews here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181321
dylanosaur
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:37 pm

lemtar999 wrote:The beginning of that game got to me in a way no game ever has before.
I can name one, The last of Us. Still, powerful stuff.
rerocustom1989
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:28 pm

Finished Firewatch a few days ago. It was weird to see a company that makes fantastic Mac and iOS apps publish a video game, but I think they and Campo Santo did a great job! It succeeds in making the player feel sad, sympathetic, and paranoid throughout the story.

Good:
Was pretty amazed how the in game landscapes really looked like the key art, as well as the forests on Olly's Ghibli print work. Jane Ng and the team did a great job on that stuff!

Bad:
No ManQuest references.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:08 pm

I wanna post my pictures I took throughout the game. Or would that be to spoilery?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:15 pm

I haven't played the game yet, so, yes, it would be spoilery. :)
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:19 pm

35mmpaul wrote:I wanna post my pictures I took throughout the game. Or would that be to spoilery?
You could make an Imgur album and post the link with big bold "spoiler alert" warning. ^_^
So it goes...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:26 pm

mfaith wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:I wanna post my pictures I took throughout the game. Or would that be to spoilery?
You could make an Imgur album and post the link with big bold "spoiler alert" warning. ^_^
yeah could do that. All my pics are landscapes and such. No story elements. but yeah. might do that.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:28 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
mfaith wrote:
yeah could do that. All my pics are landscapes and such. No story elements. but yeah. might do that.
Yeah, having played it, if you just took pics of the scenery it really won't be a spoiler issue. Unless people are that worried about finding out that there's a sunset.

Ah dammit, spoiler alert there guys.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Z0MBIEproof
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:42 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
mfaith wrote:
Yeah, having played it, if you just took pics of the scenery it really won't be a spoiler issue. Unless people are that worried about finding out that there's a sunset.

Ah dammit, spoiler alert there guys.
I wouldn't do it..this game made me realize there are trees and grass......even streams and lakes in the world.

Huge life spoilers
Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:55 am

Of course, we all know what the setting is, but I think those of us who haven't played the game yet would like to enjoy the environments with new eyes and experience the world the way it was meant to be experienced (i.e. by playing the game).

It's akin to posting unwarranted shots from a new movie that many haven't seen yet.

A link to an album would be nice, or maybe creating a Firewatch-specific thread? If it was a few weeks post-launch, I wouldn't be bitching (as much).
Creation88
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 am

is the game on disc or just download? if disc, where'd you get it?