The Starlet 16 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 129044
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:54 pm

This topic is dedicated to: The Starlet 16 Sperry

Image
User avatar
sasquatch
Art Expert
Posts: 3975
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:52 am

Sorry, but this is just awful. Is that supposed to be Scarlett Johansson?
Hippie
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:17 am

I disagree, and clearly it's SJ.

Also, I'm going to guess its part of a diptych, with the second HCG print from Sperry coming later this week.
jwolfe3
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:24 pm
Location: New Jersey

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:31 am

Hippie wrote:I disagree, and clearly it's SJ.

Also, I'm going to guess its part of a diptych, with the second HCG print from Sperry coming later this week.
There is another release with a ? up this week - how cool might that be?!!!
Image
Hippie
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 am

No idea on how cool it might be, just a guess considering the way the figure with his back to us is cut in half.
User avatar
khetti
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:54 am

Scarlett is double-jointed like woah.
User avatar
nevadinova
Art Expert
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:00 am

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:09 am

Hippie wrote:I disagree, and clearly it's SJ.

Also, I'm going to guess its part of a diptych, with the second HCG print from Sperry coming later this week.
Agreed.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8497
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:34 am

Anyone who doesn't think this looks like Scarjo should just move on to collecting photographs and not screen prints. This isn't the hobby for you.

My issue with the print, and this applies to most of squirt's movie prints, is that it is simply a representation of a character in the movie. I haven't seen this movie yet obvi but what is it about this scene that represents the movie other than the fact that it's Scarlet looking perky and cute in a screen shot? Aside from the excitement I get when looking at a Sperry and an exquisitely executed serigraph, it's just boring. If Chuck could marry his immeasurable talents with a more cerebral take on a movie, the sky would be the limit.
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:37 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Anyone who doesn't think this looks like Scarjo should just move on to collecting photographs and not screen prints. This isn't the hobby for you.

My issue with the print, and this applies to most of squirt's movie prints, is that it is simply a representation of a character in the movie. I haven't seen this movie yet obvi but what is it about this scene that represents the movie other than the fact that it's Scarlet looking perky and cute in a screen shot? Aside from the excitement I get when looking at a Sperry and an exquisitely executed serigraph, it's just boring. If Chuck could marry his immeasurable talents with a more cerebral take on a movie, the sky would be the limit.
I agree with you, but I still love the print. Evokes film noir posters from the 1940s.
User avatar
sasquatch
Art Expert
Posts: 3975
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:00 pm

Are we sure this is a Sperry? (No nipples.)
idealposters
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:00 am
Contact:

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:25 pm

you guys are drymounting funny. collector speculation always cracks me up.

also, "this is awful...". really? i had an entire diatribe ready here but what's the point? can't please everyone. instead, i'll just post, SMH. lol.
jwolfe3
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:24 pm
Location: New Jersey

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:05 pm

It will not be part of a Sperry dyptich - the second HCG surprise, released today was "Et tu, Baird" by Glen Brogan for Hail Caesar
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52816
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:13 pm

idealposters wrote:you guys are drymounting funny. collector speculation always cracks me up.

also, "this is awful...". really? i had an entire diatribe ready here but what's the point? can't please everyone. instead, i'll just post, SMH. lol.
We want the diatribe!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
egrimens
Art Expert
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:50 pm

sasquatch wrote:Are we sure this is a Sperry? (No nipples.)
I think he got as much nipple poking through as he could on a studio approved print
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26669
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:29 am

What's the point in complaining about a Sperry digital mockup? We all know they're a billion times nicer printed.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Post Reply