Phish Riviera Maya 16 Landland

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:55 pm

jools wrote:no horse in this race as i dont buy Phish posters, but was refreshing the store page earlier on the off-chance the new Andrew Bird might pop up...i noticed the phish poster was up with "coming soon"...then a lil bit later it was taken off the store page...a bit later it was back up in the store page along with the 2012 Alpine Valley one...so what happened? did the FB group get given the link before the store page was updated? if so, that sucks...i've managed just fine without facebook in my life up til now, can't even view the friends of landland group without logging in (which would involve creating an account i assume) - but ugh it sucks to think that i'd miss out on stuff from one of my favourite artists because i refuse to join planetFB
FB fan page was told that there would be a new link, but it didn't get posted until all the posters were carted, so in the end, being on the store page was the best call.
jools
Art Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:04 pm

lulz...thanks for the info 'chrome
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:04 pm

exactly why I think last minute Facebook announcements are a complete waste of time
over complicating the drop

and resulting in pissing off your fanbase

changing the drop page was also cheesy
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:05 pm

electrachrome wrote: FB fan page was told that there would be a new link, but it didn't get posted until all the posters were carted, so in the end, being on the store page was the best call.
This is correct. FB fan page did get a small heads up on the drop time. There was less than 10% of the poster run available on this drop, so high levels of butthurt were guaranteed.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:08 pm

there are differences in missing poster butthurt and an over complicated cheesy drop butthurt
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:25 pm

drymounting facebook
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Notwithstanding the FB tease, which was silly, But By changing the address of the poster they could have effectively cut out bots which were set on the previous poster page. Maybe it was a good thing to try and get the poster into real people's hands.. not mine, but hopefully someone?
willg
Art Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:59 pm

mfaith wrote:I don't have a whole lot of experience with this. Mods can see who entered all of those here, right? Do they tend to check up on these sorts of things?
I entered them. I always enter Landland stuff in the db.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:24 pm

zeuscarver wrote:Notwithstanding the FB tease, which was silly, But By changing the address of the poster they could have effectively cut out bots which were set on the previous poster page. Maybe it was a good thing to try and get the poster into real people's hands.. not mine, but hopefully someone?

Exactly. Don't understand why anyone is bitching except for the fact that this print is legitimately bringing in over $400 now. I was on the site refreshing, print disappeared, I stepped up the F5s and shortly after that it reappeared with the Alpine, clicked on it and added it to cart. Boom.

At most, they had 30 to sell of the ruin of 500. Sharks were fully circling this one because of the ROI. Most were bound to get shutout.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Such an awesome piece of paper. Was really hoping this would be my first landland. I guess it is good it wasn't, I haven't 'earned' a huge drop yet.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:38 pm

I know its Phish and all, but LanLand really doesn't get the love they deserve. Dan and Jes do amazing work. While this print is phenomenal and Jes keeps outdoing herself, it is not my favorite from an artistic standpoint. The insane price? I don't know I guess more Phishheads have more money than I would have thought. The drop was as crazy as any drop for an in demand print. Nothing "phishy" went on, and as mentioned previously the "cheesy" switching of the address for the print was to drop bots before the actual print went live.

Anywho, I'm gonna sit back and I fully expect these prices to settle down. You could always go buy a $400 mystery tube form LandLand which would have God knows how many prints and probably a sketch or some hair or something. I'm glad to see the positive attention the lovely little group is getting, but pump the brakes and layoff the hate.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:45 pm

This sucks. GP fans are way more mellow than movie poster fans. Came for the melts. Left disappointed.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:49 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:This sucks. GP fans are way more mellow than movie poster fans. Came for the melts. Left disappointed.
So it goes...
dividedskyy
New User

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:36 am

I am not a super big fan of Landland but I love the memory behind this. Smoking in a cenote cave looking out this is exactly what we saw. Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 am

certainly would make a nice souvenir. maybe they hype train will leave the station soon. the image does nothing for me (a hole in the ground) although i do understand its relevance to the area. would have preferred some mayan imagery in the print instead. i just hate seeing mondotard EBers scooping up GPs for bands they don't even know/like for shows they weren't at. don't know why but it rubs me the wrong way. it is inevitable though.