Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 pm

acidburn wrote:After a few hours of just relaxing a little, it helps ease the mind.
So it goes...
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:27 am

How about a timed release for only 60 seconds? Would that be better for people who don't like timed releases?
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:40 am

dskdaniel wrote:How about a timed release for only 60 seconds? Would that be better for people who don't like timed releases?
i actually had another idea in mind. We will see though.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:45 am

Call me old fashioned, but i prefer a good ol' textbook set size limited edition release. *shrugs*
So it goes...
ajmmck
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:51 am

acidburn wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:How about a timed release for only 60 seconds? Would that be better for people who don't like timed releases?
i actually had another idea in mind. We will see though.
Running Man / Hunger Games sort of set up maybe?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:55 am

Timed Reg for some and a limited variant is fun.

Clearly it's not for all releases. But is an alternative to help interested parties not to stress out.

I think that FOMO on a print that might end up flipping into oblivion can drive alot of purchases.

But when timed editions are in the thousands there is something to be said about the demand vs. supply.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
hax0n
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:56 am

Timed edition everything imo!
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:59 am

35mmpaul wrote:Timed Reg for some and a limited variant is fun.

Clearly it's not for all releases. But is an alternative to help interested parties not to stress out.
I do think these mixed releases have been a reasonable compromise between the two. Someone who missed out on the variant, would still have a fallback option. Really only makes sense on the super high profile stuff.
So it goes...
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:01 am

Dunno what there is to complain about. You get a timed and a limited. It's about as fair a compromise as you're gonna get.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:02 am

mfaith wrote:Call me old fashioned, but i prefer a good ol' textbook set size limited edition release. *shrugs*

Still waiting on that first purchase from you :P
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:04 am

acidburn wrote:
mfaith wrote:Call me old fashioned, but i prefer a good ol' textbook set size limited edition release. *shrugs*

Still waiting on that first purchase from you :P
lol i've bought from Arcadium. ;-D Haven't been getting much pop culture stuff lately. (but doesn't mean i won't, for the right thing :cheers:)
Last edited by mfaith on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
So it goes...
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:07 am

jkw3000 wrote:Dunno what there is to complain about. You get a timed and a limited. It's about as fair a compromise as you're gonna get.
That about sums it up.
lujborg
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:14 am

partpat wrote:
theonlytexaspete wrote:Any chance of a Timed variant on Durieux's Indy? :-)
Alexei

This thread is a hot bed of pussies and losers begging for open editions and lotteries , even on prints that aren't gonna flip. Get everyone a participation trophy :hanging:

:lol: :lol: :clap:

acidburn wrote: It was nice to actually not have to go through a bunch of hate mail and calming ppl down when something sells out in a minute. I think most of these people you see get pissed really just act off emotions at the time.
I think that was the point of that comment. catering to the babies is giving in. you don't have to make those people happy, nothing will.
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 am

lujborg wrote:
acidburn wrote: It was nice to actually not have to go through a bunch of hate mail and calming ppl down when something sells out in a minute. I think most of these people you see get pissed really just act off emotions at the time.
I think that was the point of that comment. catering to the babies is giving in. you don't have to make those people happy, nothing will.
Yeah but at some point when the numbers of people complaining are way, way bigger than the very small run allotted (which I assume is why they lotto'd off the prints they did, and they only did it on 2-3 releases), then maybe it's reasonable to try another approach that facilitates at least the illusion that it's not all to the bots or whatever. I'd personally prefer to strike out on a drop, even against somebody faster or with a bot or who's wired into the matrix or is Josh or whatever, but Bottleneck's done a pretty good job of varying the types of releases that they've done. Try out new things, if it doesn't work I'm sure they'll adapt like they have this past year.

Anyway, when's the next show dammit. :evil:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 am

hax0n wrote:Timed edition everything imo!
fudge like this is why I like HaKson more. :lol:
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/