Fauntleroy SNOOTY

General art-related discussion.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:05 pm

babbtke wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:babbs do you like this artist's work? Honestly, not trying to antagonize you like so many do, just wondering what it is that appeals to you about this. Seems like he just stole a character and is spraying it everywhere. Shep definitely proved that sheer repetition of a silly image can lead to worldwide fame and millions of dollars; is it that aspect of this guy that appeals to you?
Yes and yes, I also like the fact that he is underground not commercialized

Also that he is very accessible now and his prices are great compared to others for canvas originals. He is just starting out so I would give him 5-6 years before his prices are out of our reach and is impossible to get into contact with

He also happens to be a great guy with a passion for the arts and remians anonymous
Yes, I'm certain he is incredible accessible and very nice right now. Most talentless artists are. Sorry, just don't see the appeal. Your 5-6 year estimate just smacks of unsubstantiated hype.

So you know him personally, stating that he is a great guy and is very passionate. Yet he remains anonymous to the public. So I get that he is a friend of yours, you know him personally, and others don't. It's awesome when you are "on the inside" of something that you think is cool, so I have a better understanding now of why you are hyping this guy so hard. Carry on!
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Just found this thread and this fudge is garbage. :hanging:
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:23 pm

underground
not commercialized
very accessible
just starting out
prices are great
before prices are out of our reach
impossible to get into contact with

CPO strikes again.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:27 pm

gorkie wrote:underground
not commercialized
very accessible
just starting out
prices are great
before prices are out of our reach
impossible to get into contact with

CPO strikes again.

you forgot anonymous... :wink:
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:31 pm

If I was going to take an image of a ginger to run with...

babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:45 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
babbtke wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:babbs do you like this artist's work? Honestly, not trying to antagonize you like so many do, just wondering what it is that appeals to you about this. Seems like he just stole a character and is spraying it everywhere. Shep definitely proved that sheer repetition of a silly image can lead to worldwide fame and millions of dollars; is it that aspect of this guy that appeals to you?

Also that he is very accessible now and his prices are great compared to others for canvas originals. He is just starting out so I would give him 5-6 years before his prices are out of our reach and is impossible to get into contact with

He also happens to be a great guy with a passion for the arts and remians anonymous
Yes, I'm certain he is incredible accessible and very nice right now. Most talentless artists are. Sorry, just don't see the appeal. Your 5-6 year estimate just smacks of unsubstantiated hype.

So you know him personally, stating that he is a great guy and is very passionate. Yet he remains anonymous to the public. So I get that he is a friend of yours, you know him personally, and others don't. It's awesome when you are "on the inside" of something that you think is cool, so I have a better understanding now of why you are hyping this guy so hard. Carry on!
Sure the 5-6 years time frame is just a personal opinion

I do not know him personally and have never met him. The only dealings I have had with him were through his agent and email chat. Plus I dig SSOSVA in its entirety 8)
Last edited by babbtke on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:46 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:51 pm

RCP13
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:59 pm

babbtke wrote: He also happens to be a great guy
babbtke wrote:
I do not know him personally and have never met him. The only dealings I have had with him were through his agent and email chat.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:08 pm

RCP13 wrote:
babbtke wrote:
I do not know him personally and have never met him. The only dealings I have had with him were through his agent and email chat.
But he does know Banksy. Don't forget.
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:10 pm

RCP13 wrote:
babbtke wrote:
:allhail:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:32 pm

Yeah, sorry man, you just don't pass the sniff test. You definitely presented yourself like you knew him. Lame. Then you drop MBW's name...why?

I always try to give folks the benefit of the doubt but it seems you just continually talk out the side of your neck. I'm joining the rest of EB in thinking you are just a hype machine with very little substance behind your posts. Of course, I won't be as vocal about it because each of us uses these forums for our own purposes, but yeah, you're out.

::foed::
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fribhey
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:55 pm

babbtke wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:
babbtke wrote:

Sure the 5-6 years time frame is just a personal opinion

I do not know him personally and have never met him. The only dealings I have had with him were through his agent and email chat. Plus I dig SSOSVA in its entirety 8)
he's "underground" and "not commercialized" yet he has an agent...
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Maybe he meant to say not circumcised.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:06 pm

pvecchi wrote:Can he mash up the characters of Bloom County to make them street?

Like put Bill the Cat sprawled out on the street near a garbage can wearing a gold dollar sign on a gold chain?

#so street
Now that is some art I could get into.
I'm not someone else.