Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:12 am

You mean steals?
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:40 am

Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:26 am

What's with this street art/money correlation? Like every piece has a dollar sign in it. A clue to the true message of this fudge or what?
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:33 am

Diabolos80 wrote:What's with this street art/money correlation? Like every piece has a dollar sign in it. A clue to the true message of this fudge or what?
Shoot him a message on Facebook and ask him yourself, he is good at responding
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:40 am

I meant all of it, not just snooty. Every street artist. Some do it ironically, or claim to I'm sure, but it's like an obsession. The real irony is that they make money from Art that tells us money is evil or unimportant. It's just a little hypocritical. Like, if you got a full time job and you wanna draw some pictures saying that working for money sucks, sure. But don't tell me money sucks in your art that makes you money. And certainly don't drymounting wink at me while you do it. That one was specifically for snooty.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:47 am

Diabolos80 wrote:I meant all of it, not just snooty. Every street artist. Some do it ironically, or claim to I'm sure, but it's like an obsession. The real irony is that they make money from Art that tells us money is evil or unimportant. It's just a little hypocritical. Like, if you got a full time job and you wanna draw some pictures saying that working for money sucks, sure. But don't tell me money sucks in your art that makes you money. And certainly don't drymounting wink at me while you do it. That one was specifically for snooty.
It's an edgy "social experiment." :lol:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:50 am

Eh comparing stik to this is apples and oranges IMO. I know some people think zomg stik sucks it's just stick figures...6 lines isn't art blah blah but at least his work is aesthetically pleasing and stik actually has something to say. This fudge is a drymounting joke.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:55 am

Diabolos80 wrote:I meant all of it, not just snooty. Every street artist. Some do it ironically, or claim to I'm sure, but it's like an obsession. The real irony is that they make money from Art that tells us money is evil or unimportant. It's just a little hypocritical. Like, if you got a full time job and you wanna draw some pictures saying that working for money sucks, sure. But don't tell me money sucks in your art that makes you money. And certainly don't drymounting wink at me while you do it. That one was specifically for snooty.
Shepard Fairey was a doing back in the 90's, Penny, Banksy ect.
Visceral advertising IMO
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:56 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Eh comparing stik to this is apples and oranges IMO. I know some people think zomg stik sucks it's just stick figures...6 lines isn't art blah blah but at least his work is aesthetically pleasing and stik actually has something to say. This fudge is a dry mounting joke.
I said he was in the Stik que handing out free swag... No comparison of the 2 were made by me only you
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:03 am

shagdonk wrote:
HenryGaleWasHere wrote:
Baker wrote:Could we at least make a single "Babs Hype Thread" so he can dump all his posts into a single spot and not clog up the forum with a new "artist" thread nearly every day?
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:05 am

GiantBoyDective wrote:
shagdonk wrote:
HenryGaleWasHere wrote:
Baker wrote:Could we at least make a single "Babs Hype Thread" so he can dump all his posts into a single spot and not clog up the forum with a new "artist" thread nearly every day?
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:45 am

Can't believe my daughter's painting was removed. The best thing this thread had :(

Also, babbs, why would you post gazillion photos of the same fudge? Literally the same image. Post a pic or two and that is it. These are the redundancies that should be moderated, IMO, and not the luls. Babbs is a troll and I believe the reason he creates these threads are for the sole purpose - luls!

Fully support the quote above my post. I already suggested it once or twice before too :pint:
fitz
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:23 am

babbtke wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:Radical..

Anybody from the UK read these as kids??
I would guess the majority of blokes now in their 40s or 50s would have read these comics they were incredibly popular when i was young though it was dennis the menace abnd desperate dan that were the biggest stars.
LadyGanglia
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:41 am

Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:27 am

And Flo...