Phish Great Went Walking Fish Limestone 97 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
flux3000
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:42 am

Mods - cleanup needed in the recent sales. Khanefeld seems to have listed his sale three times. And it has a strange number, "3rd artist".
User avatar
Dalek
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:24 am

Just for the record, as I'm sure most people know by now, 22/100 walking fish is a fake.
User avatar
sideshowbob
EB Team
Posts: 1707
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Maryland

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:44 am

flux3000 wrote:Mods - cleanup needed in the recent sales. Khanefeld seems to have listed his sale three times. And it has a strange number, "3rd artist".
Fixed. That sale has already been added.

I submitted the original sale of this print for the seller, khanefeld. The edition information is correct.
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
Posts: 5271
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 am

Dalek wrote:Just for the record, as I'm sure most people know by now, 22/100 walking fish is a fake.
Not necessarily. There is actually a #22 print, there is also a high res scan that circulated of the print. The one that popped up on ebay a while back was clearly a print out of the scan.
TranquilandSerene
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:18 pm


so this listing was selling 3 of the fish- bold. Too weird to be fake right? like- who would do that?

Then he listed just 1 of them later that didnt sell.

The interesting part is that #77 was one of his- #75, 76, 77

But EB has #77 selling in '06
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15720
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:22 pm

TranquilandSerene wrote:
But EB has #77 selling in '06
usually not a good sign...
...
...
That's what she said
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5217
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:00 pm

2x post
Last edited by stuckeyc on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5217
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Maybe he bought 77 in 06
Image
User avatar
phishstix101
Art Expert
Posts: 6087
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Not likely
Image
TranquilandSerene
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:06 am

finneganm wrote:
TranquilandSerene wrote:
But EB has #77 selling in '06
usually not a good sign...
I contacted and asked them about it

They were adamant that the one from '06 isn't real. That they know other print makers, and Jim through them......
seemed pretty earnest.

They said they sold #77 privately to a person in Utah.

Really nice communication, they want to be transparent- just interesting. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction?
applehead
Art Expert
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:46 am

There's always the possibility that the artist mistakenly numbered 2 different prints the same #.
User avatar
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:29 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:45 pm

TranquilandSerene wrote:
finneganm wrote:
TranquilandSerene wrote:
But EB has #77 selling in '06
usually not a good sign...
I contacted and asked them about it

They were adamant that the one from '06 isn't real. That they know other print makers, and Jim through them......
seemed pretty earnest.

They said they sold #77 privately to a person in Utah.

Really nice communication, they want to be transparent- just interesting. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction?
I bet I know who that person is. I could contact him and see if it's real.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 124877
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:29 pm

New image 2d AP


Image
Post Reply