Thierry Guetta AKA (Mr. Brainwash) and Kai Aspire

General art-related discussion.
haven
Art Expert

Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Babbs threatening to kick some ass. Awesome.
fredo
Art God

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:32 pm

just a foil for me today, thanks
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Is that the maid?
gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:49 pm

So what exactly happened today?

Kai's CMO got tempa-banned for going a little batshite cray cray?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
andruw000
Art Expert

Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:32 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
ToonKiller wrote:Shillin' ain't easy :ziggi:

eBay 121829765369
Bwahahahahaha
all kai aspire completed auctions look like this. hard to believe no one has reported it, unless he's selling them to himself.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:48 am

gorkie wrote:So what exactly happened today?

Kai's CMO got tempa-banned for going a little batshite cray cray?
evidently he threatened a member over pm's and called him ugly? :lol:
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
gorkie
Art Freak

Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:01 am

I see.

Very street.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
quexzea
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:50 pm

I have some info on Kia Aspire and Bambi. After buying one of those bikini "Burka" prints (which I have already sold) I naturally wanted to learn more about Bambi. The only thing you can find are a few fluff articles, nothing of real substance. There is a point to this, I swear. I was in London this summer. One of the galleries I visited was Walton Fine Arts, who is Bambi's official dealer. The gallery is full of shitass artist for the most part. The owner, who appeared to be the same nationality as Kia and Buttcake, wouldn't shut up about how BANKSY is passe' and his prices are going down, and how Bambi is the new hot thing; that Banksy is several people, or his personal theory, that he's actually a woman, and he and Bambi might be the same artist!

"What a steaming pile of horseshit!" I said to my wife as we left the gallery. I was already very anxious to list my Bambi for sale when I got home :hanging:

I'm not done yet! It gets better!

I decided to list the Bambi print with an auction house named Paddle8, as I didn't see a market on Ebay + try searching for "Bambi Print"; the dumb wench wants to compete with one of Disney's most beloved characters aparently :o . Have fun on Ebay digging through 467 prints of cartoon deer while you discover the next big street artist :lol:. ANYHOW. Sorry for that, back to the story. Paddle8 REFUSES my listing! Why oh WHY??? And I quote,"Because it's still available from the publisher"... But, good heavens! The print sold out in, um.., a few days on her website... :P ... It turns out that Walton Fine Art IS the publisher of Bambi. Yet, they don't tell you that, because they'll sell you a "sold out" Bambi print from their gallery for DOUBLE or TRIPLE than what the elusive/top secret artist sold it for on her site. The owner of Walton Fine Arts is a part owner of HYDE Image, who "publishes" Bambi. They also have their own nifty "registration" company, which apparently outsources from a company called TAG (http://tagregistries.com/) out of Philly? -Ok haven't researched that one to the fullest, but these TAG peeps will also certify and register your Banksy or Basquiat for you too! Y'know, just incase Pest Control tells you to bug off!

OK! The final part! Ladies and distinguished Gentlemen - the charming and talented - KIA ASPIRE! :clap:

I live in South Florida - a 20min drive from Miami Beach. The other day I walked past an art gallery called Markowicz Fine Art. Now, I had walked past them this summer and they where "coming soon". Their sign had Bambi's artwork on it. It's really convenient that BAMBI herself tagged a wall one block up the street form Markowitz fine art in 2013 :roll: here is your reference https://www.pinterest.com/pin/131659989080550388/ And you guessed it! A few days after this years Basel some terrible person STOLE the piece - just cut the wall right out!... The same person owns both properties....

Ok, now for Kia. So, I visit Makowitz, because i can't wait! I have a look around and I'm approached by a rep. I ask, "who's work it that?" the work was a lone ZEVS painting among this sea of blasphemy. I almost bought the ZEVS just to rescue the poor fella. She says to me "nobody knows who he is.", "really I said", she then says, "have you ever heard of Kia? Nobody knows who he is either, and we are the only US rep on the east coast as of now"... I say to her, "oh these guys are kind of like Banksy", she acts all aloof and says, " Yes, Banksy was very popular in the early 2000's... I heard he's really a woman. Nobody hardly asks us about him...Would you like to look at some Bambi? She's a female artist who is also anonymous...Though some say she's famous pop star".... blah blah blah....

Take what you want form all of this, but it's obvious to me that the market for Kia and Bambi is 100% artificial. Completely fabricated. The one thing that has me wondering is how Kia could afford such an elaborate world tour in such a short amount of time? In my opinion this entire operation is financed by a small group of wealthy investors on a really large scale. Like a boy band; like Backstreet Boys! When you look at it, it all so transparent! I must admit though, that both Bambi and Kai are very well packaged and stylized, so kudos there I suppose :roll: .... The one thing I have found in common with most dealers of this kind of fabricated horsepiss, is they all bad mouth Banksy. They all dismiss him quickly. Not just the characters form this story, but many encounters I've had. They always mention how "prices are going up" for their newly discovered artist... So shady...

I just wanted to share that. I could go on. I'm sure I gave you a headache. Sorry. I'm not feeling the best and my writing probably suffered because of it. I hope you all can comment on this and you got some enjoyment out of it...
Last edited by quexzea on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:02 pm

quexzea wrote:I have some info on Kia Aspire and Bambi. After buying one of those bikini "Burka" prints (which I have already sold) I naturally wanted to learn more about Bambi. The only thing you can find are a few fluff articles, nothing of real substance. There is a point to this, I swear. I was in London this summer. One of the galleries I visited was Walton Fine Arts, who is Bambi's official dealer. The gallery is full of shitass artist for the most part. The owner, who appeared to be the same nationality as Kia and Buttcake, wouldn't shut up about how BANKSY is passe' and his prices are going down, and how Bambi is the new hot thing; that Banksy is several people, or his personal theory, that he's actually a woman, and he and Bambi might be the same artist!

"What a steaming pile of horseshit!" I said to my wife as we left the gallery. I was already very anxious to list my Bambi for sale when I got home :hanging:

I'm not done yet! It gets better!

I decided to list the Bambi print with an auction house named Paddle8, as I didn't see a market on Ebay + try searching for "Bambi Print". The dumb wench wants to compete with one of Disney's most beloved characters. Have fun on Ebay digging through 467 prints of cartoon deer while you discover the next big street artist :lol:. ANYHOW. Sorry for that, back to the story. Paddle8 REFUSES my listing! Why oh WHY??? And I quote,"Because it's still available from the publisher"... But, good heavens! The print sold out in, um.., a few days... :P ... It turns out that Walton Fine Art IS the publisher of Bambi. Yet, they don't tell you that, because they'll sell you a "sold out" Bambi print from their gallery for DOUBLE or TRIPLE than what the elusive/top secret artist sold it for on her site. The owner of Walton Fine Arts is a part owner of HYDE Image, who "publishes" Bambi. They also have their own nifty "registration" company, which is apparently outsources from a company called TAG (http://tagregistries.com/) out of Philly? -Ok haven't research that one to the fullest, but these TAG peeps will also certify and register your Banksy or Basquiat for you too! Y'know, just incase Pest Control tells you to bug off!

OK! The final part! Ladies and distinguished Gentelmen - the charming and talented - KIA ASPIRE! :clap:

I live in South Florida - a 20min drive from Miami Beach. The other day I walked past an art gallery called Markowicz Fine Art. Now, I had walked past them this summer and they where "coming soon". Their sign had Bambi's artwork on it. It's really convenient that BAMBI herself tagged a wall one block up the street form Markowitz fine art in 2013 :roll: here is your reference https://www.pinterest.com/pin/131659989080550388/ And you guessed it! A few days after this years Basel some terrible person STOLE the piece - just cut the wall right out!... The same person own both properties....

Ok, now for Kia. So, I visit Makowitz, because i can't wait! I have a look around am I'm approached by a rep. I ask, "who's work it that?" the work was a lone ZEVS painting among this sea of blasphemy. I almost bought the ZEVS just to rescue the poor fella. She says to me "nobody knows who he is.", "really I said", she then says, "have you ever heard of Kia? Nobody knows who he is either, and we are the only US rep on the east coast as of now"... I say to her, "oh these guys are kind of like Banksy", she acts all aloof and says, " Yes, Banksy was very popular in the early 2000's... I heard he's really a woman. Nobody hardly asks us about him...Would you like to look at some Bambi? She's a female artist who is also anonymous...Though some say she's famous pop star".... blah blah blah....

Take what you want form all of this, but it's obvious to me that the market for Kia and Bambi is 100% artificial. Completely fabricated. The one thing that has me wondering is how Kia could afford such an elaborate world tour in such a short amount of time? In my opinion this entire operation is financed by a small group of wealthy investors on a really large scale. Like a boy band; like Backstreet Boys! When you look at it, it all so transparent! I must admit though, that both Bambi and Kai are very well packaged and stylized, so kudos there I suppose :roll: .... The one thing I have found in common with most dealers of this kind of fabricated horsepiss, is they all bad mouth Banksy. They all dismiss him quickly. Not just the characters form this story, but many encounters I've had. They always mention how "prices are going up" for their newly discovered artist... So shady...

I just wanted to share that. I could go on. I'm sure I gave you a headache. Sorry. I'm not feeling the best and my writing probably suffered because of it. I hope you all can comment on this and you got some enjoyment out of it...
Par for the course, my friend.

I've always wanted a Bambi bikini burqa... I like alliteration!
quexzea
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:13 pm

I would have given it to you at cost! I'll probably regret selling it at $400 one day...But in like 12 years I'll be happy I got $400
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:18 pm

quexzea wrote:I would have given it to you at cost! I'll probably regret selling it at $400 one day...But in like 12 years I'll be happy I got $400
Thanks! I suspect you are right about the 400, I doubt these will be worth that in 12 yrs.
quexzea
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:20 pm

here's an interview with Kai ... he's so mysterious.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WybSZ8nsmmc
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 pm

quexzea wrote:here's an interview with Kai ... he's so mysterious.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WybSZ8nsmmc
I avoid all things Guetta
fredo
Art God

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Get out while you still can- it's beanie babies all over again.
just a foil for me today, thanks
quexzea
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:50 pm

samuraiwriter wrote:
quexzea wrote:here's an interview with Kai ... he's so mysterious.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WybSZ8nsmmc
I avoid all things Guetta

So, what is the true connection between MBW and Kai? So, you're saying Guetta has a legion of artist?