John Baizley Thread

General art-related discussion.
bootstrut
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:27 pm

DarkenedShrine wrote:
bootstrut wrote:
badjon wrote:Now let's hope they don't print 100 different color ways so they hold their value
Seems silly to print "Purple" in any other colors
This.

I ended up going for the two bottom ones, the imagery does much more for me than the top two. The whole thing as 1 print would've been wicked as a 24 x 24"

Can't wait to see these, I expect it's going to be one of those "this can't be a screenprint" deal. Burlesque doing what they do best
I caved and bought the bottom 2 also. They work well as just the pair.
pathways
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:04 pm

I dig it. Blue album did the diptych well and I think this does the split-up well too. From the noisey inverview:
The whole idea of the album cover was to split it up into quarters. They'll be singles that have his [Marald Art] artwork as the picture disk and then a quarter of the artwork has the cover so that when the full thing is finished you basically got like a gigantic version of the artwork.
Plus, it's not too crazy to expect variants. Blue/Green albums have a bunch. Hell, even the green album has a purple print. Blue has a pink. dotdotdot
Image Image
maddog76
Flipper

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:10 pm

bootstrut wrote:
DarkenedShrine wrote:
bootstrut wrote:
badjon wrote:Now let's hope they don't print 100 different color ways so they hold their value
Seems silly to print "Purple" in any other colors
This.

I ended up going for the two bottom ones, the imagery does much more for me than the top two. The whole thing as 1 print would've been wicked as a 24 x 24"

Can't wait to see these, I expect it's going to be one of those "this can't be a screenprint" deal. Burlesque doing what they do best
I caved and bought the bottom 2 also. They work well as just the pair.
me too, i have a problem.
badjon
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:12 pm

pathways wrote:I dig it. Blue album did the diptych well and I think this does the split-up well too. From the noisey inverview:
The whole idea of the album cover was to split it up into quarters. They'll be singles that have his [Marald Art] artwork as the picture disk and then a quarter of the artwork has the cover so that when the full thing is finished you basically got like a gigantic version of the artwork.
Plus, it's not too crazy to expect variants. Blue/Green albums have a bunch. Hell, even the green album has a purple print. Blue has a pink. dotdotdot

thats whats im saying...more color ways ugh
DarkenedShrine
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:14 pm

pathways wrote:I dig it. Blue album did the diptych well and I think this does the split-up well too. From the noisey inverview:
They were never full-on color variants, were they? Those prints you mention didn't have many screens, but with these.. 15 and 18 screens seems like a lot to "vary".

I just don't really see it happening with this one. I hope I'm wrong, though! I'm not gonna lie, I was really hoping for a hand embellished option..
ImageImageImage
xbrc
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Honestly, I'm fine with this free signed litho that I framed up for $11. :P

pathways
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:51 pm

DarkenedShrine wrote:
They were never full-on color variants, were they? Those prints you mention didn't have many screens, but with these.. 15 and 18 screens seems like a lot to "vary".

I just don't really see it happening with this one. I hope I'm wrong, though! I'm not gonna lie, I was really hoping for a hand embellished option..
No, but they all start that way as full watercolor. Meir is a good example. Started as the watercolor, printed as the watercolor, then tour prints were made with a slew of variants. Oh and the Kvelertak album art print. Warm and cool. Black tusk taste the sin. Etc. Those were all done at the same time but I still think it's plausible to expect some variants. But who knows!
Image Image
badjon
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:01 pm

There's a lot of his stuff that didn't have a ton of different colorways. Like how many different Red album color ways did they make?
simianfever
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Just Quadrant 4 for me given the timing of this release. Also in the wish it had been one full image print camp.
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:30 pm

Y'all just tight and don't want to frame 4 prints.

+4 for me!
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Cragars wrote:Methinks it might stick around a while

Sets gone already?
simianfever
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:38 pm

Seems so. At least in one click add to cart fashion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:39 am

mrkyuss wrote:Y'all just tight and don't want to frame 4 prints.

+4 for me!
Looking forward to the frame up!

P.S. Who are ya kidding, this fudge'll be in the new HUT once the Mrs finds out.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:56 am

Codeblue wrote:
mrkyuss wrote:Y'all just tight and don't want to frame 4 prints.

+4 for me!
Looking forward to the frame up!

P.S. Who are ya kidding, this fudge'll be in the new HUT once the Mrs finds out.
She liked it ! (Didnt see the titties on her first look).
murdock
Art Expert

Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:57 am

Here's hoping for the slightly more affordable one image version...
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer