Inception 15 Delort

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:51 pm

tranito wrote:I do find it interesting to hear about the commission process and the decisions that were made. Do I care about this print in particular? Not really. Do I care about it more than someone who was involved in the commission and who wished his border did not end up looking like that? Of course not. Still it's interesting. Curious of the % that wanted it ''trimmed'' vs. ''left as is''. I'm a bit surprised ''as is'' won to be honest.
I think it's common with this type of etching/intaglio printing. Look at Phlem's Fight or Flight. same discussion about the border.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:54 pm

tranito wrote: Curious of the % that wanted it ''trimmed'' vs. ''left as is''. I'm a bit surprised ''as is'' won to be honest.
Then you'd be almost flat out knocked unconscious to learn that "left as is" had 90% of the vote. :lol:
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
tranito wrote: Curious of the % that wanted it ''trimmed'' vs. ''left as is''. I'm a bit surprised ''as is'' won to be honest.
Then you'd be almost flat out knocked unconscious to learn that "left as is" had 90% of the vote. :lol:
can confirm.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:05 pm

cotis wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
can confirm.
I second the confirmation.
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Can anyone third the confirmation? :lol:
90%?!? Wow. That's a lot.
Good thing that almost everyone got what they wanted. A close vote could have been disappointment for many..

FoF seems well proportionned on that pic..

I had Danger September in mind and that one was definitly bothering to some..
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:22 pm

tranito wrote:Can anyone third the confirmation? :lol:
90%?!? Wow. That's a lot.
Good thing that almost everyone got what they wanted. A close vote could have been disappointment for many..

FoF seems well proportionned on that pic..

I had Danger September in mind and that one was definitly bothering to some..
thanks for your expertise.

I'm guessing you forgot to +1 and now you're driving the anti-hype bus? all aboard!
bodhih
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
I may have been one of the few 10% that wanted to trim them and not have the large border. It wasn't a huge deal when it came up. Overall the whole commission process was pretty smooth.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Just as an outsider with no vested interest.... Do you think it was possible that "left as is" was chosen because nobody wanted to annoy Delort? I know if I was in the group and a handful of people already said to leave it, I wouldn't cause a fuss. Just my thoughts, doesn't matter one way or the other at the end of the day.
bodhih
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:39 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Just as an outsider with no vested interest.... Do you think it was possible that "left as is" was chosen because nobody wanted to annoy Delort? I know if I was in the group and a handful of people already said to leave it, I wouldn't cause a fuss. Just my thoughts, doesn't matter one way or the other at the end of the day.
Not necessarily, but the concern of adding even more time (to trim them all down) to the commission was brought up at the same time.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:43 pm

bodhih wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Just as an outsider with no vested interest.... Do you think it was possible that "left as is" was chosen because nobody wanted to annoy Delort? I know if I was in the group and a handful of people already said to leave it, I wouldn't cause a fuss. Just my thoughts, doesn't matter one way or the other at the end of the day.
Not necessarily, but the concern of adding even more time (to trim them all down) to the commission was brought up at the same time.
Plus the fact that people can have it trimmed themselves if they want to. I know framing it in its current size is a tad pricey but it's just a white border at the end of the day, trimming it will not affect the art at all.

But that flip price might be affected ;)
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
choke
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:44 pm

Only 1/6th of the regulars FS/T so far.

Pretty obvious the price will stay high with such a dry market a week after delivery.

Wait, have these been delivered?

Yes I'm just upset because no one told me about this until well after the fact. WHAT A COMMUNITY :lol:
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:47 pm

choke wrote:Only 1/6th of the regulars FS/T so far.
Really? The way I see it, 47 members added this to their collection. 20 added it to their FS/T.
It's not half of them, readily willing to part with it, but pretty close.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Pretty obvious the price will stay high with such a dry market a week after delivery.

Wait, have these been delivered?

Yes I'm just upset because no one told me about this until well after the fact. WHAT A COMMUNITY :lol:
only Europe delivered so far.

potential USA delivery planned for sometime in January.
choke
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:52 pm

tranito wrote:
Really? The way I see it, 47 members added this to their collection. 20 added it to their FS/T.
It's not half of them, readily willing to part with it, but pretty close.
I wasn't implying that 1/6 of the regulars being for sale at this point was a small number.
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:52 pm

bodhih wrote:
Lel. Like taking the time needed to get it right was an issue. People who didn't want it to take more time probably are the ones with it already FS/T.