BLACK FRIDAY 2015: First-Ever Online Flat File Sale

General art-related discussion.
ennui
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:33 pm

People complaining about businesses operating as businesses. Do people really fail to realize that Mondo could care less who gets the poster as long as they get paid for it? Nerd "real fans" entitlement is hilarious.
ArtMonger
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:36 pm

He's absolutely right. Trader Joe's parking lots are much too small.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:39 pm

ennui wrote:People complaining about businesses operating as businesses. Do people really fail to realize that Mondo could care less who gets the poster as long as they get paid for it? Nerd "real fans" entitlement is hilarious.
Just one thing: Mondo should care, I think. Regardless whether they need to/can fix anything, they go out of their way to reinforce the idea that they are here to cater to fans and collectors, not bots and flippers. I'm sure on some level, they feel the same as artists do when they see their work on ebay at a huge markup.
JasonBourne
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Website didn't even load for me until around 9:30am, LOL.
rerocustom1989
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:41 pm

The trolling from mondo on Twitter is always the best.
Wow, what a morning. Huge thanks to everyone for being a part of our #BlackFriday sale! Incredibly thankful for your support.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
ennui wrote:People complaining about businesses operating as businesses. Do people really fail to realize that Mondo could care less who gets the poster as long as they get paid for it? Nerd "real fans" entitlement is hilarious.
Just one thing: Mondo should care, I think. Regardless whether they need to/can fix anything, they go out of their way to reinforce the idea that they are here to cater to fans and collectors, not bots and flippers. I'm sure on some level, they feel the same as artists do when they see their work on ebay at a huge markup.
They have a storefront. How it's technically procured and aftermarket is none of their responsibility or business.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:42 pm

You win some you lose some, too bad not enough people can live by this rule.
It was very kind of Mondo to put items that are hundred and some that are work a couple of thousand for the original cost, I don;t know if nay other company would do that.
Would Apple give you stock at 1985 prices? I think not.

So back down and enjoy what you have.
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:43 pm

rerocustom1989 wrote:The trolling from mondo on Twitter is always the best.
Wow, what a morning. Huge thanks to everyone for being a part of our #BlackFriday sale! Incredibly thankful for your support.
The audacity... :roll:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
Eh, fans are fickle. Can't please everyone.

I don't think an all-popcorn diet today was a smart call...oof.
Last edited by jkw3000 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:44 pm

iambillyg wrote:Went for a Tong 'Hannibal', but missed. Oh well. Congrats to those that scored.

It was nice seeing those old pieces with the origins prices. New site, but reminiscent of old times.
Eh, it wasn't that cool.
Ifightfortheusers
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
Some of the most active posters here are huge flippers. I dont doubt they have art on their walls too, but there really is little difference between fans and flippers at this point. More fans flip than flippers existing solely as prospectors with no art interest.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Just checking in.... Anything good up for sale? Been hitting some hammers since 7:30am and completely forgot about this.
JGC7881
Art Connoisseur

There's still an "Amira & Sam" poster. If you hurry it can be yours for the original cost!

:lol:
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Until Mondo stops making money and selling out. Nothing will change. No point crying.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
If that were the case...I don't think they would have put up SWs sets for cost. And bots/flippers are not necessarily the same thing. Just look at the number of FS posts that go up after a Stout lotto, etc. They don't give a fudge and neither should anyone else. You either adapt, die, deal with it or gtfo. No amount of complaining to Mondo is going to change the way they operate. That is pretty obvious.