JC Richard - Art of, Discussion, Releases and Appreciation.

General art-related discussion.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Sounds excellent! (and to clarify, when I said "quiet", I meant vocally - obviously you've been cranking stuff out)

Always nice to hear at least a hint of what you've got lined up, thanks for the scoop! Future WIPs (when you're not contractually constrained) would be great to see too. Always interesting, and has the effect of getting people psyched and invested in a piece early on.

Speaking for myself only, I actually prefer the somewhat open-ended sub.

Thanks JC! And good luck staying on top of the workload.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Thrilled to have been able to work with JC on this

"“Snowpiercer” by JC Richard goes on sale Wednesday, November 25 at 12:30pm EST via http://www.fampart.com. It’s a 24 x 36-inch print with seven colors, two metallics. It’s a run of 195 copies and each costs $50."

MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Really, 3 print per person limit. Worried about not selling out much?
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Thank you for sharing that insightful comment Max-- you've added much to the discussion.

FYI all the Star Wars: Art Awakens auctions end in a couple hours- go here to bid.. lots of great licensed SW art up for auction to raise $ for a good cause.

One last thing- if someone from here wins the auction, just let me know you're from EB and I'll send you a little bonus gift for helping out- thanks all- -JC
Last edited by microcosmicmedia on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:30 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:Really, 3 print per person limit. Worried about not selling out much?
HCG has a 4 copy limit on a lot of their stuff. Not really new...

Anyway JC, nice clean composition. Curious if there were any iterations where you pushed the design more in terms of complexity or if it was always designed to have that sort of tight, almost mechanical build (which is pretty appropriate).
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:43 pm

"Eternal order flows from the sacred engine."
Great film, great print. :clap:

Also, any chance for a limited run for "The Escape"? That's too cool to leave it at one print.
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:14 am

jkw3000 wrote:Anyway JC, nice clean composition. Curious if there were any iterations where you pushed the design more in terms of complexity or if it was always designed to have that sort of tight, almost mechanical build (which is pretty appropriate).
Yes went through multiple iterations of this one. Originally had the POV pulled way back to make a sort of map, toured from the outside in-- each car would become a layer, and as you scanned from the outer layers to the inner you'd move forward through the train- the engine would lie at the center and basically be what you see in the poster.

As I went on, it became far less about supporting characters or the long violent journey to get to the front, and more focused on that final moment of choice: Curtis standing in the warm womb of the engine, with promises of power, peace and comfort being whispered from behind ..would be so easy to give in, to surrender to the machine..

jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:25 am

microcosmicmedia wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Anyway JC, nice clean composition. Curious if there were any iterations where you pushed the design more in terms of complexity or if it was always designed to have that sort of tight, almost mechanical build (which is pretty appropriate).
Yes went through multiple iterations of this one. Originally had the POV pulled way back to make a sort of map, toured from the outside in-- each car would become a layer, and as you scanned from the outer layers to the inner you'd move forward through the train- the engine would lie at the center and basically be what you see in the poster.

As I went on, it became far less about supporting characters or the long violent journey to get to the front, and more focused on that final moment of choice: Curtis standing in the warm womb of the engine, with promises of power, peace and comfort being whispered from behind ..would be so easy to give in, to surrender to the machine..

Interesting. So in journeying through the concept artistically you came down to that singular focus on the engine room scene. Amusingly appropriate. :P

Alway appreciate the insight sir. :pint:
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Hello my friends- Just wanted to give you all a heads-up regarding the Holiday Sale, which kicks off today at Noon EST. I'll also be adding some additional pieces randomly during the next few days.

SALE LINK

To keep things interesting, we'll also be doing daily giveaways; anyone who orders during the sale will be eligible to win (the earlier you order, the more chances..)
Then after the sale closes, we'll have a final major giveaway at the end of the week.

Thanks all-JC
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Somebody better jump on that Late Fall edition of Walden. Still one of my favorite prints ever.
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:45 pm

^ I concur - great print!

I'm happy that I was finally able to pick up a copy of A Case For Sea Monsters, an early JC that I always loved the look of, but kept missing when it came up for sale.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:50 pm

no GBUs :hanging:
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
CH4UNCY
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:53 pm

+1 Walden late fall. Really excited to gift this to my mom for xmas!
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:06 pm

I picked up Walden and a Late Fall version of the art print during JC's archive sale at the beginning of the year, so I will agree with that being a top notch print :pint:

For this go-round, I only grabbed "Thith Tree is a Thymbol"... My wife was asking the other day if I had any Christmas-themed prints, and now I scored one for 10 bucks!
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:32 pm

That Fargo has been in my head for a while. Grabbed one for 30 shipped! Good birthday continues!!