Private Commission Club

General art-related discussion.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:29 pm

it got finished & we arent gonna work with alan anymore. was not our fault we were waiting on him the entire time
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Well technically right now I have nothing. I don't really "lose" till I actually get it.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:not only did it not get finished buy Lone has the stones to hang around the FB groups with many of the people he burned in them and no one says anything. idgi at all.
I said fudge all the time. But then he blocked me. :cry:
+1 on that I think.

PBT playground is my fav.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:33 pm

man what is going on with these artists?! I did the same thing ( unfriended Lone) for the same reasons. I aint in the commission, but it really does take balls to post in groups with so many people you burned.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Buckhammer wrote:man what is going on with these artists?! I did the same thing ( unfriended Lone) for the same reasons. I aint in the commission, but it really does take balls to post in groups with so many people you burned.
The guy appears to have severe mental issues outside of his inability to function in his chosen profession. He's a delusional pathological liar. So I think that tends to make normal things hard.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:36 pm

for anyone thinking of joining/asking to join the group though please keep in mind the leads arent making $ or getting free prints like most of the other commission group leads even though we put out as many posters. things get delayed, fudge happens etc.. so anyone that isnt a patient person would probably do well to just not join. Join one of the other groups so you can ignorantly fill the pockets of the greedy looking to make $$ off your pooled resources.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:53 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:man what is going on with these artists?! I did the same thing ( unfriended Lone) for the same reasons. I aint in the commission, but it really does take balls to post in groups with so many people you burned.
The guy appears to have severe mental issues outside of his inability to function in his chosen profession. He's a delusional pathological liar. So I think that tends to make normal things hard.
According to his instagram I just checked, there is ALOT of indy work there, all "unused".... thankfully for your sakes.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Yeah..he was supposed to "use" all of that like 2 years ago. :lol:
Mapman
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Well that sucks to hear about Mark, he always seems so keen on selling his work, but very naive on how to go about doing that without the help of a gallery. It does not really surprise me though, it seems like he's pretty poor off, and I mean that in a literal sense, he's always begging people to buy something just so he can pay a bill, get his computer fixed, or his car repaired, it's always something.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Mapman wrote:Well that sucks to hear about Mark, he always seems so keen on selling his work, but very naive on how to go about doing that without the help of a gallery. It does not really surprise me though, it seems like he's pretty poor off, and I mean that in a literal sense, he's always begging people to buy something just so he can pay a bill, get his computer fixed, or his car repaired, it's always something.
Everytime I read his posts, I cringed. I wanted to say "Then get a job". ANY JOB. while you try to do what you wanna do and hope down the line the art pays fulltime, if ever.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Superfro33 wrote:Speaking of missing money...where's that Wonka?
Wonka's here and still in the box. 18 posters in this shipping batch so I'm not even opening the box yet.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
Mapman
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:02 pm

No kidding, I tried helping him out with some advice on online storefronts, but it just seems like he is either hawking older works or pushing smaller digital prints instead of new gallery pieces.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:49 pm

For you guys in the group, go to our collection site and pay for shipping if you haven't already done so. If it doesn't get paid, I'm not shipping it so get on it!
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:42 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:for anyone thinking of joining/asking to join the group though please keep in mind the leads arent making $ or getting free prints like most of the other commission group leads even though we put out as many posters. Join one of the other groups so you can ignorantly fill the pockets of the greedy looking to make $$ off your pooled resources.
Story time. (Not really.)
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:not only did it not get finished buy Lone has the stones to hang around the FB groups with many of the people he burned in them and no one says anything. idgi at all.
Maybe we should send in dskdaniel. :P
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi