The Map Room 14 Richard

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Count
Art Expert

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Got mine. Underwhelmed.
Why? Too grainy?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:34 am

Count wrote:
Why? Too grainy?
I guess that's one way to describe it. It just lacks detail, especially the background wall. And in person, the composition doesn't work for me; almost the entire left side of the print has nothing going on. You could chop off 10" on the left and lose nothing. Also, there is no "pop" from the streak of light and where it hits the city. Those spots should be BRIGHT and it's just...meh. :(
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:03 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Count wrote:
Why? Too grainy?
I guess that's one way to describe it. It just lacks detail, especially the background wall. And in person, the composition doesn't work for me; almost the entire left side of the print has nothing going on. You could chop off 10" on the left and lose nothing. Also, there is no "pop" from the streak of light and where it hits the city. Those spots should be BRIGHT and it's just...meh. :(
Fair assessment to be sure.

It works for me personally. The empty space on the left seems fitting, as it shows the void/space/mystery of the map room...I like how isolated Indy appears because of this. High stakes.
Agree with the light.

I had thoughts of having this, Fortress of Solitude, and Englert's Tatooine print all framed together, vertically...these three basically sum up my childhood. I think together, and from a distance, it would work better than on its own and up close.
AK57BS
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:02 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Count wrote:
Why? Too grainy?
You mean like this

ImageImageImageImage Image Image
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:55 pm

want.
AK57BS
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:30 pm

It's not numbered so I'm unsure if there are any others. Came as part of a sub tube.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
cgauert
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Can the AP version be added?
Mapman
Art Expert

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Ask about getting the AP version added here:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=5745

Anyone know what the run on the AP version is?

So I'm curious if he slipped R2/3PO onto the wall somewhere? Also I really like that Tanis/Gold version... :drool:
automator
Nobody

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:37 pm

New image The Map Room 14 Richard - Gold Variant