Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:24 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Yeah, Josh has never shipped anything before ever. NOooooob
please - review his shipping technique. my FB wall is empty without another review from you. :roll:
Halo97
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Pretty sure they've considered the effects of tossing a small piece of metal in the middle of a poster and come up with a simple solution (as outlined above).
Sorry, I guess I should have included sarcasm tags...
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 pm

I'll try for a variant since I still haven't decided exactly which I want and I'm curious to see how muted the greens are. Oh, the problems I face.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:28 pm

cotis wrote:
please - review his shipping technique. my FB wall is empty without another review from you. :roll:
creature was today?
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:29 pm

acidburn wrote:
cotis wrote:
creature was today?
damn, 10 hours ago. thought it was last night.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:29 pm

simonldt wrote:The preview with the sabers crossing the borders really is the better version. It really adds extra depth to the print. I respect the artist's final decision but if you ask me, it is the wrong decision.
i think you're right about the previews looking better right now on our screens with the lightsabers crossing the borders, but I think that once each piece is framed it'll look much better with the light saber not crossing the molding ....
hsp123
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Do I need to sign up an account or can I pay and checkout directly with Paypal?

Thanks
phips
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:31 pm

acidburn wrote:
phips wrote:Says who?
haha you do this every time. I watch! Love you though and thank you for your support in the thread.
Thats usually cuz i fail on my phone and my work comp blocks your website for whatever reason
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:31 pm

hsp123 wrote:Do I need to sign up an account or can I pay and checkout directly with Paypal?

Thanks
you can checkout using paypal
hsp123
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:33 pm

acidburn wrote:
hsp123 wrote:Do I need to sign up an account or can I pay and checkout directly with Paypal?

Thanks
you can checkout using paypal
Sweeeeet thanks :)
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:33 pm

phips wrote:
acidburn wrote:
phips wrote:Says who?
haha you do this every time. I watch! Love you though and thank you for your support in the thread.
Thats usually cuz i fail on my phone and my work comp blocks your website for whatever reason
Dammit is the yaoi page live already, acidburn?
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
KSUvet wrote:I think the poster looks pretty good, but it certainly isn't breaking any new ground. I don't really care for the key image of Luke taken right off the original Jedi poster, with the looming Vader also very similar. I get that it's hard to avoid similarities on a property like this, but at least make the main elements different. The rest appear to be a bunch of promotional stills put through a grainy filter. Is there really anything that makes it unique to the artist like the takes by Stout or Moss?

Well, it does have evvverything. And the colors and "grain" make it unique to Gabz.
Not really. There are plenty of grainy/tracer artists these days. And no one cares about the lifted image? At least Manev reworked the Punisher into a new character.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
phips
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Not Stout! Not Moss! Pass!
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:37 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:
KSUvet wrote:I think the poster looks pretty good, but it certainly isn't breaking any new ground. I don't really care for the key image of Luke taken right off the original Jedi poster, with the looming Vader also very similar. I get that it's hard to avoid similarities on a property like this, but at least make the main elements different. The rest appear to be a bunch of promotional stills put through a grainy filter. Is there really anything that makes it unique to the artist like the takes by Stout or Moss?

Well, it does have evvverything. And the colors and "grain" make it unique to Gabz.
Not really. There are plenty of grainy/tracer artists these days. And no one cares about the lifted image? At least Manev reworked the Punisher into a new character.
I don't think lifted image/tracing is unique to this one piece, look at his Mulholland or some other posters from him.
hax0n
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Fix the god damn sabers you lazy drymounts
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works