Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:30 pm

$50/$65.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm

ethnosax wrote:Pretty good--better than the previews made me think it would be. Some initial observations:

**I don't like how the upper corners seem to be reverse shots of the same battle scene. I don't quite get that.
**Also, the Vader next to the Emperor, on the right, is from the end of Episode 4, right? I'm not sure why it's placed there.
**The ships coming from the first Death Star, on the left, are actually from the second Death Star battle.
**On the regular, what's the logic behind which characters are more colored-in, and which are black and white? I guess I'm mainly wondering why Boba Fett seems to be included in the "major characters who are highlighted."
**Makes sense to have the X-wing coming out of the title; less sense to have the probe droid so prominent in the middle of the title...

Still, overall not bad. What are the prices?

thats the craziest oreo comment sandwich ive ever seen haha.
pittidesart
Art Expert

westb59 wrote:The regular with the yellow looks more true to the time then the tan. It reminds me of those stickers I use to get from the machines at the grocery store 30 years ago. I'm having flashbacks. :lol:
Yup and that is why I am a fan of the variant. It gives it something unique and not so pop off the wall. I like the subdued feel of it.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
jayper
Art Expert

acidburn wrote:And just food for though..

http://www.slashfilm.com/slave-leia-retired/

Juan's print was approved with it too so this might be the last we see of Slave Leia.
That's awesome!

Any hints on when we will see the release of Juan's Jedi?
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:33 pm

acidburn wrote:
matowest wrote:Nice work. Odd how some elements cross over the lines delineating the films and some don't. But nice work, nonetheless
very good question He actually tried both and he prefered the sabers to be like that. He didnt like that it was just a portion of the tip.
I think the sabers should have crossed over the border lines. That Darth and Luke are kind of the foreground of the whole piece, and it's a nice balance of composition. Would make more sense to me to have the lightsabers all there. But if Gabz tried both versions and liked this one better, I'm probably wrong.
Last edited by ethnosax on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:34 pm

pittidesart wrote:
westb59 wrote:The regular with the yellow looks more true to the time then the tan. It reminds me of those stickers I use to get from the machines at the grocery store 30 years ago. I'm having flashbacks. :lol:
Yup and that is why I am a fan of the variant. It gives it something unique and not so pop off the wall. I like the subdued feel of it.
I'm a bigger fan of the muted variant but the reg has a really old school trading card insanity to it. A Greatest Hits poster, but I think if folks want a licensed, titled poster for the entire trilogy in one spot, then this pretty much does the trick.

And really, so much kudos to another timed reg/limited var setup, always the ideal one in this hobby to me.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:35 pm

ethnosax wrote:
acidburn wrote:
matowest wrote:Nice work. Odd how some elements cross over the lines delineating the films and some don't. But nice work, nonetheless
very good question He actually tried both and he prefered the sabers to be like that. He didnt like that it was just a portion of the tip.

That sounds quite dirty actually
I think the sabers should have crossed over the border lines. That Darth and Luke are kind of the foreground of the whole piece, and it's a nice balance of composition. Would make more sense to me to have the lightsabers all there. But if Gabz tried both versions and liked this one better, I'm probably wrong.
he went through both. He just didnt like it. It was a topic.

I also want to thank Germain Lussier for catching something no one else saw which we fixed just in time.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

jkw3000 wrote:And really, so much kudos to another timed reg/limited var setup, always the ideal one in this hobby to me.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

I love that it's all one print. A really epic poster.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:36 pm

dskdaniel wrote:I love that it's all one print. A really epic poster.
yea we do a lot of sets. Nice changeup.
westb59
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:37 pm

ethnosax wrote:Pretty good--better than the previews made me think it would be. Some initial observations:

**I don't like how the upper corners seem to be reverse shots of the same battle scene. I don't quite get that.
**Also, the Vader next to the Emperor, on the right, is from the end of Episode 4, right? I'm not sure why it's placed there.
**The ships coming from the first Death Star, on the left, are actually from the second Death Star battle.
**On the regular, what's the logic behind which characters are more colored-in, and which are black and white? I guess I'm mainly wondering why Boba Fett seems to be included in the "major characters who are highlighted."
**Makes sense to have the X-wing coming out of the title; less sense to have the probe droid so prominent in the middle of the title...

In my opinion it would have been better without the sections and just made one big mish mosh poster. I think by having it sectioned off each section should represent an episode. Just seems like a lot of stuff tossed in to fill out the background. Not really a fan of having the same character in a different pose 3 or more times either, but some people don't mind it. Still a cool print though.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:38 pm

acidburn wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:I love that it's all one print. A really epic poster.
yea we do a lot of sets. Nice changeup.
I thank you and my lack of wall space thanks you.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:38 pm

acidburn wrote:

thats the craziest oreo comment sandwich ive ever seen haha.
I'm not even sure what that means, but . . . thanks(?) :)
glenn1
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:39 pm

ethnosax wrote:**On the regular, what's the logic behind which characters are more colored-in, and which are black and white? I guess I'm mainly wondering why Boba Fett seems to be included in the "major characters who are highlighted."
The only characters that look to be full b/w to me are the ones at the top of each panel; Obi-Wan, Vader, and the Emperor.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:39 pm

I am really digging this, all the iconic pictures are there in one poster. Just curious why there is no movie block.