Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:57 pm

mfaith wrote:

Very excited about this.
jayper
Art Expert

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:19 pm

The hits keep coming:

"The Ark {study}, pencil & gouache on Stonehenge, 2015. This drawing will be on display at the @mondotees gallery in balmy Austin, TX for the Originals group show which opens on Friday the 13th of this month. Stoked to be included in the stellar line-up alongside my @thevacvvm cohorts as well as some of my favorite artists/humans on this gray earth - @beckycloonan @richeybeckett @animalrummy @toddbratrud @fakedanblack @webuyyourkids and on and on... It's going to be a bloodbath, see you there ⚔⚔⚔"

God damn, I want to go to that show so bad.
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:25 pm

jools wrote:
agr719 wrote:Dang, I'm seeing "ended 14 hours ago"... I hope someone was able to save and share the idea!
try this - its 30mb
https://mega.nz/#!2BJwFQRa!d4CzrZs2T4Dw ... esA7yPb-rU
That was really interesting, thanks. For those who can't listen, Bloodmilk asks Aaron some questions and the gist of his answers was:
  • Aaron talks about his helmets and how they're becoming more a part of the birds vs. a mere adornment. However they're not for protection but for show.
  • In Aaron's world, the reptilian parts of a bird's DNA are no longer suppressed, thus the features like tails, etc. appear. Good timing on this video's part, seeing as I was just asking about that yesterday :lol:
  • The water level of the entire world is very high; the barn's roof is floating in a new lake or even an inland part of a sea.
  • He'll be doing both poses shown so far. The new one is for the drawing, the old one is for the painting. He drew the old pose about two years ago, and now feels that the new pose is better suited to a drawing.
  • Feed cuts off when they're talking about the strings. Says they're a mix of manmade materials and...? Who knows, haha, that's where it stops.
Cool to see him work and speak about his art at the same time. Thanks again for sharing.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:27 pm

Nice summary but my feed went on fire quite a bit after they talked about the strings.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:31 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:Nice summary but my feed went on fire quite a bit after they talked about the strings.
For how long? The clip I downloaded from Jools was 7:19, how long was your feed?
jools
Art Expert

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:34 pm

yeah sorry guys, did the full vid cut off at that point? i started downloading it on my 4g and wasnt sure about the filesize, so i cancelled the download or so i thought...got up the road and it had downloaded what i thought was the full vid, but as it ends quite abruptly i though i'd mebbe missed the end. Was a great insight though, and cool to hear Aaron's actual voice...although i wont lie i was gutted to hear Aaron didnt have that Fargo type accent :lol:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Thalass wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:Nice summary but my feed went on fire quite a bit after they talked about the strings.
For how long? The clip I downloaded from Jools was 7:19, how long was your feed?
Full video is about 24 and half minutes.
So it goes...
jools
Art Expert

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:37 pm

oh balls...my bad :oops:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:40 pm

mfaith wrote:
Thalass wrote:
Full video is about 24 and half minutes.
Well...fudge, haha. I'd like to see the full video, but thanks for the upload all the same, Jools. Wouldn't have seen anything without your efforts.
blingaling
Art Expert

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:44 pm

I caught the whole thing, sent a link out to a few guys but I'm just gonna go ahead and put it on youtube. No worries, it's not gone forever.
ImageImageImageImage
snowrs
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 pm

He talks about why there are very few large animals because of the rising water. Believes there may have been adaptions, uses min Mastodons on an island as an example.
Has a few Gig posters coming
Said he has always wanted to do GN based on a few posters
Draws the Midwest because it is under represented
The cupola is what Aaron hopes a craftsman would make if given enough time.
Aaron sees craftsmanship making a comeback in the US
Really enjoys being able to work in his own world and not having to fit to a movie or other theme

I am sure there are other tidbits I am forgetting.
blingaling
Art Expert

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:13 pm

https://youtu.be/vXHyLkxw9B4

Still processing, hopefully live sometime tonight.
ImageImageImageImage
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:16 pm

blingaling wrote:https://youtu.be/vXHyLkxw9B4

Looks like I'm viewer #1! Thanks a million.
ahrkitekt
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:24 pm

blingaling wrote:https://youtu.be/vXHyLkxw9B4

Thanks! Really appreciate you uploading it.
ISO Horkey Nesting
Jah
Art Expert

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks for doing that Blingaling, that's Awesome, prob the only chance I'll ever get to see Aaron draw, :clap: :clap:
T.H.C 5