Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:48 pm

^^nice Founders haul..had '15 BS on tap and its drinking great (as always)
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:56 pm

ah, didnt even notice the bastard up top. he's landing this week. have yet to find him though.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:19 pm

First place I went limited me to a combination of the 3, so I went with 2 BS and 1 Ale. Second place only had a limit on the Bastard so grabbed my one of those, and then all the rest heh. Pretty much got lucky is about it. I was one of the first people in there after the stores opened up.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
natepachl
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Was 1 for 8 on liquor stores w/ Darkness after work yesterday; did score a 4 pk of Founders BB though. Hopefully I run into a place that has it in stock w/o restrictions.
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Baker wrote:Yup, Halftone hooked me up last year with my bottle as well! :cheers:
Same here. :pint:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Crash607
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Won the lottery for Black Tuesday! Looking forward to tasting this years version.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:16 pm

Crash607 wrote:Won the lottery for Black Tuesday! Looking forward to tasting this years version.
Same! Are you getting 3 botlles? :pint:
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:33 pm

HisBobness wrote:
Crash607 wrote:Won the lottery for Black Tuesday! Looking forward to tasting this years version.
Same! Are you getting 3 botlles? :pint:
The lottery is only for one. You can buy more if you have a sub though, depending on what level.
infrared90s
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:43 pm

this is incorrect. it is 3.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:54 pm

infrared90s wrote:this is incorrect. it is 3.
Realllly? I guess I misread the email a while back. I thought they said something about guaranteeing two bottles (the other being the membership). I'll believe you though... It's been a while and I didn't win anyway so one will do for this year.
Baker
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:11 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
infrared90s wrote:this is incorrect. it is 3.
Realllly? I guess I misread the email a while back. I thought they said something about guaranteeing two bottles (the other being the membership). I'll believe you though... It's been a while and I didn't win anyway so one will do for this year.
If you were in the Preservation Society you got your 1 bottle in the quarterly box, and then you were also guaranteed the ability to purchase a second bottle. Then ON TOP of that, you could enter the lotto, and if you got picked, you could buy 3. So if you are Preservation and hit in the lotto, you could get 5 bottles.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Thanks, I just actually went and browsed around. I see Melange #3 is up on the site. I think I might grab one and split it, but for $30 it better be noice!
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:36 pm

I swung through my local chain liquor store last night and there were 5 bottles of Velvet Merkin on the shelf, so there were soon 5 bottles in my cart. The too-young girl stocking shelves says, "I think there might be a limit on those," so I said cool, I'll go check. I did not check. I went to check out and two lines were open: one was staffed by the guy I knew to be the beer dept manager, the other was a woman with purple hair and gold fronts. I went to her. She scanned the first one and the computer started beeping -- the limit alarm -- and I say all innocent, oh, is something wrong? She pounds the keyboard a few times and the beeping stops, and she says, "naw, I'm from the hood, that fudge ain't no problem." I chose the right line.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
simianfever
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Baker wrote: Today was a good day, unlike other parts of the country, this stuff is gone FAST in Nashville.
Yeah, Founder's is always well stocked here in CT. Breakfast Stout everyday if I wanted. Haven't seen the Harvest Ale yet though. Will need to keep an eye out.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:16 pm

mistersmith wrote:I swung through my local chain liquor store last night and there were 5 bottles of Velvet Merkin on the shelf, so there were soon 5 bottles in my cart. The too-young girl stocking shelves says, "I think there might be a limit on those," so I said cool, I'll go check. I did not check. I went to check out and two lines were open: one was staffed by the guy I knew to be the beer dept manager, the other was a woman with purple hair and gold fronts. I went to her. She scanned the first one and the computer started beeping -- the limit alarm -- and I say all innocent, oh, is something wrong? She pounds the keyboard a few times and the beeping stops, and she says, "naw, I'm from the hood, that fudge ain't no problem." I chose the right line.
Haha. :pint: