Goonies 15 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
badjon
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:08 pm

yeah wth
Nothing
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:12 pm

stormcrow wrote: thanks. Ugh, I missed it. I was going to put this right next to my Flash Gordon variant Ansin set. I felt the same way when I missed the Taxi Driver. I also bought the awesome derieaux Jaws from a guy for $130 and he resold it 10 minutes later from under me for $30 dollars more. I'm a movie freak and I have about 600 vintage posters on top of my limiteds but the people who are in this hobby to make money make me very sour to it at times. I get why they do it, I just don't like it. This poster could be worth $30 and there could be 5000 of these, I'd still want it.
Yeah, these things should go to people who stick 600 prints in a file.
dredogg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:13 pm

stormcrow wrote:
dredogg wrote:How did it possibly sell out that quickly, as I will in instantly? WTF. Anyone want to trade for an Ansin Iron Man and/or Stout Captain America. PM me
They weren't selling the whole 300. They sold out the Variant and probably a bunch of the regulars at the screening at Mondocon. These sales are usually just the leftovers. Plus there are people who sell them rigged to buy these as fast as they can and have killer internet speeds. We were probably vying for 100 of these at most, maybe way less. Bummer, by what can you do? I know, let's all just move to Austin. :fight:

Oh well as love the Goonies and really would've put this on my wall. Offer still stands if anyone wants to trade.
uniquelolram
New User

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:16 pm

mondo drops have gotten so terrible... since you can predict the drop link before they even go on sale, bots just snatch them up before they go live. looks like this is an ebay drop, no longer a mondo drop
stormcrow
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Nothing wrote:
stormcrow wrote: thanks. Ugh, I missed it. I was going to put this right next to my Flash Gordon variant Ansin set. I felt the same way when I missed the Taxi Driver. I also bought the awesome derieaux Jaws from a guy for $130 and he resold it 10 minutes later from under me for $30 dollars more. I'm a movie freak and I have about 600 vintage posters on top of my limiteds but the people who are in this hobby to make money make me very sour to it at times. I get why they do it, I just don't like it. This poster could be worth $30 and there could be 5000 of these, I'd still want it.
I was going to hang this you a-hole. The other posters I have are original theater releases. I'm not out there gouging people. When I sell stuff, I sell it for reasonable rates, and I hardly ever sell anything. Would you rather it go to someone who is going to buy and charge 6X the price to someone who actually wants it?
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:23 pm

stormcrow wrote:
dredogg wrote:How did it possibly sell out that quickly, as I will in instantly? WTF. Anyone want to trade for an Ansin Iron Man and/or Stout Captain America. PM me
They weren't selling the whole 300. They sold out the Variant and probably a bunch of the regulars at the screening at Mondocon. These sales are usually just the leftovers. Plus there are people who sell them rigged to buy these as fast as they can and have killer internet speeds. We were probably vying for 100 of these at most, maybe way less. Bummer, by what can you do? I know, let's all just move to Austin. :fight:
There were no Regulars at MondoCon.
stormcrow
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:25 pm

dasponyboy wrote:
stormcrow wrote:
There were no Regulars at MondoCon.
Oh, damn. Maybe they have regulars who buy them first or something. Sorry for the misinformed speculation.
Count
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:25 pm

As always, a large part of the run is saved for Stout to sell through his lotto. Maybe about 400 on sale today?
stormcrow
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Nothing wrote:
I also rotate my posters often. I drive a Prius so I could afford a home theater. I love movies. went to film school, have loved them since I was a small child and my father was laid off for three years. During that time, my uncle ran a theater near us and we had a pass to the drive-ins in town (sadly, now gone). Going to the drive in when we couldn't afford other things comprise some of my best childhood memories. This has stayed with me for my whole life. I had a box of movie posters as a kid (Bullet, Jaws, Star Wars, lots of less popular titles), but I loved them all. My uncle gave them to us when they were worth nothing. I'd spend hours looking at them. I lost them all in a flood when I was a teenager. It might be nuts, but it makes me happy when I can replace those lost treasures. I haven't purchased a poster in months, because I've realized that having some of these in tubes isn't really enjoyable and I'm considering selling many of them. Movies are the thing I love most. Your judgement of someone you know nothing about is your right as a free person, but I find it to be kind of trollish.
Last edited by stormcrow on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:34 pm

JFC! $315...who did that!
stormcrow
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:35 pm

mattkardish wrote:JFC! $315...who did that!
Must... not... spend.... mortgage.... on.... Goonies.... print.
nutter97
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:37 pm

not sold out yet!!
uniquelolram
New User

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:45 pm

ez fix for mondo checkout process. ADD A CAPTCHA TO THE CHECKOUT PROCESS, goodbye bots
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:50 pm

mattkardish wrote:JFC! $315...who did that!
Don't worry....
mattkardish wrote:cost is 2 weeks away!
nutter97
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:52 pm

now it's sold out

fawk!!!!