Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
pittidesart
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:43 pm

mfaith wrote:
pittidesart wrote:What I dont understand is why Tyler doesnt have a specific AP run labeled 1/350, 2/350 and Mondo has the same. AP's should be labeled AP's and not part of the regular run. Thats my issue, a small one, but it would solve the problem.
They're technically not APs. It's the arrangement they have with a few of the big names, and have had it for years. Consider it part of their compensation for doing the work. Aaron has the same. I don't see how it would be any different as far as the end result goes.
Its not,if it's not technically a AP. And no Mondo does not have to let everyone know that only ??? will be available. I was just a bit confused how he handled/labeled it.
Last edited by pittidesart on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
mnachmia3113
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:43 pm

jayper wrote:
maddog76 wrote:
mnachmia3113 wrote:
jayper wrote:There are no bots. That's just something EB'ers tell themselves to help themselves sleep at night.
You must be a super cop to close that investigation.
I've seen the screenshots and had the offers to buy.
My post was all sarcasm. It was meant to be a joke.

Gone back and edited it since.
I just was just being a smart ass myself with the analogy.
Celsius
Flipper

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:44 pm

mfaith wrote:
pittidesart wrote:What I dont understand is why Tyler doesnt have a specific AP run labeled 1/350, 2/350 and Mondo has the same. AP's should be labeled AP's and not part of the regular run. Thats my issue, a small one, but it would solve the problem.
Ummm Tyler does have an AP run labelled x/y AP. The thing is, he gets part of the regular run AS WELL AS a separate AP run. For those who've bought from Stout before, sometimes you get a signed regular run and sometimes you get a signed AP run (which is even harder to get). It's pretty exciting to see which one you get when you open the tube.
Last edited by Celsius on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
cfrancese5
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:44 pm

mfaith wrote:
They're technically not APs. It's the arrangement they have with a few of the big names, and have had it for years. Consider it part of their compensation for doing the work. Aaron has the same. I don't see how it would be any different as far as the end result goes.

I am just wondering why though? whats the advantage to the artist to not have APs and to split the run?
binky79
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:45 pm

45 minutes later and the whining continues on all fronts. Meanwhile, the site STILL doesnt say 'sold out'. :shock:
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur

Nice delayed on sale tweet.
mnachmia3113
Art Connoisseur

That Lil Mikey figure is pretty awesome too.
Warbucks
Art Connoisseur

if you're really that upset about bots, you should try and join one. There is actually competition amongst the various subscriptions for memebers, they want you more than you think. :pint:
pittidesart
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Celsius wrote:
mfaith wrote:
Ummm Tyler does have an AP run labelled x/y AP. The thing is, he gets part of the regular run AS WELL AS a separate AP run. For those who've bought from Stout before, sometimes you get a signed regular run and sometimes you get a signed AP run (which is even harder to get). It's pretty exciting to see which one you get when you open the tube.
Thanks cel, thats 100% sense. Good for Tyler :D
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Celsius wrote:
mfaith wrote:
Ummm Tyler does have an AP run labelled x/y AP. The thing is, he gets part of the regular run AS WELL AS a separate AP run. For those who've bought from Stout before, sometimes you get a signed regular run and sometimes you get a signed AP run. It's pretty exciting to see which one you get when you open the tube.
Yep, it's part of what he negotiated, being paid via a portion of the run. Think the minutiae of it is part of that agreement though, that it's a portion of the existing run (and APs stay a percentage of the run) instead of Mondo getting one run while he gets another. Besides, he's gonna have an artist-exclusive variant anyway now...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
attackconquer
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:47 pm

binky79 wrote:45 minutes later and the whining continues on all fronts. Meanwhile, the site STILL doesnt say 'sold out'. :shock:
so youre saying there is a chance.gif
bbbbbbblam!
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Question: Why do 90% of the ebay listings come from sellers with less than 200 feedback? Basically, how are amateurs scoring these? We talk about all these tricks of the trade, but a lot of the re-sales seem to come from guys who are inactive the other 360 days a year... Maybe all they try for are big money posters, but tricking out bots and F5ing for hours seems like a lot of work for just a $200 payoff after fees and shipping.
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:48 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Folks who scored have no problem preaching about winning vs. losing. EB at its best.

In terms of fixing Mondo: random drop time but open edition for one minute of sales. Keeps 'limited' and 'collectable' buzz words alive and well.

You keep saying "fix" like there is a problem that Mondo would have a vested interest in fixing.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:49 pm

frieddumpling wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:Folks who scored have no problem preaching about winning vs. losing. EB at its best.

In terms of fixing Mondo: random drop time but open edition for one minute of sales. Keeps 'limited' and 'collectable' buzz words alive and well.

You keep saying "fix" like there is a problem that Mondo would have a vested interest in fixing.
Pick any verb you are more comfortable with.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Still trying :deadhorse: