Lets Hammer Malleus

General art-related discussion.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Even if some of the editions are over priced, it does bode well for a website/store to have content. Same reason some leave up entries that are sold out, you never want someone to visit your site and have nothing to look at.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:34 am

fredo wrote:You're not really saying much or countering my point.
Yeah I kind if lost what your point was really, other than you didn't like how they ran their business.

Also on your blackjack dealer point, an artist and the people who buy the work aren't and shouldn't be.in some adversely relationship, neither should be trying to mess each other over.
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:18 am

AlanCampbell wrote:
Yeah I kind if lost what your point was really, other than you didn't like how they ran their business.

Sounds like you got it just fine...

Millions of ways to price artwork...

This one seems to rub some people the wrong way.

You love it.

Enjoy.
fredo
Art God

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:42 am

AlanCampbell wrote:

Also on your blackjack dealer point, an artist and the people who buy the work aren't and shouldn't be.in some adversely relationship, neither should be trying to mess each other over.
I thought the point was pretty clear.

Only joking re: blackjack. But since we are here, pitting customers against each other to buy fastest or risk paying significantly more over a short period of time IMO is messing with them; it's also straight cynical and for me voids any notion of communally sustaining the art (I put those last words in your mouth- EAT THEM ALAN!).

Any case, you're right that art is Malleus' biz and artists gotta eat. They create a consistently solid product and can sell as they please. If people like the fight and are ok with ponying up for being slow, so be it. I'm not.

More supply for you!
just a foil for me today, thanks
Patman6986
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:31 am

fredo wrote: pitting customers against each other to buy fastest or risk paying significantly more over a short period of time IMO is messing with them;
this is my problem with Shep Fairey , and Chuck Sperry, and every artist that sells out a run instantly, the "real fans" that actually want to own the art must either be online the instant the art drops , otherwise your only option is to pay some ebay instaflipper 2 or 3 times the original price as a ransom for holding the art hostage.

dont think of Malleus as raising the price to screw people over after every 10 or so sales, think of it as the earlybirds get a discounted price, and as they sell out at a certain price level the price increases because the 20% sale is over and the next batch goes up at a 15% discount, then 10%, then regular price, and the last one available goes for 300 euros. if you dont want to pay the 300 then pay attention and get it before it gets to that level, Malleus has no secret presales, no codes are needed, just pay attention, join their mailing list and they will tell you when they will release new prints, if you want it all you have to do is pay attention.
just to clarify - everything you own counts - but towards what is up to you. - goldenrose
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:45 am

Patman6986 wrote:
fredo wrote: pitting customers against each other to buy fastest or risk paying significantly more over a short period of time IMO is messing with them;
this is my problem with Shep Fairey , and Chuck Sperry, and every artist that sells out a run instantly, the "real fans" that actually want to own the art must either be online the instant the art drops , otherwise your only option is to pay some ebay instaflipper 2 or 3 times the original price as a ransom for holding the art hostage.

dont think of Malleus as raising the price to screw people over after every 10 or so sales, think of it as the earlybirds get a discounted price, and as they sell out at a certain price level the price increases because the 20% sale is over and the next batch goes up at a 15% discount, then 10%, then regular price, and the last one available goes for 300 euros. if you dont want to pay the 300 then pay attention and get it before it gets to that level, Malleus has no secret presales, no codes are needed, just pay attention, join their mailing list and they will tell you when they will release new prints, if you want it all you have to do is pay attention.
Wouldn't the "real fans" the ones who really want the print do what they can to be available for the drop?
veltri
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:58 am

But don't be too fast! If they oversell the cheapest tier, once the refunds come, it's not the ones who paid double the original price who will get refunds as the oversell wasn't in that tier...So the €300 last ones will be all that are left available to those early adopters.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:01 am

I think he just means that there are some artists and companies that even if you wanted to score at the drop and tried your hardest that's it's like 1/10 chance, and if you've waited all day for a random drop and missed out its just not worth it. I've not went for a mondo drop in years, it's pointless. Last thing I bought off them was a Cronos by the hellboy chap.

It's kinda they just try and maximise their profits but somewhat self flipping.

They often have like 25pc off sales that run about a month if anybody wants anything cheaper.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Sorry for the double post buuuut - does anybody have a framed Malleus NIN Bologna that I can see a pic of, just acquired one and would like to see some framing ideas. Kay thanks bye
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:16 pm

scobro13 wrote:Sorry for the double post buuuut - does anybody have a framed Malleus NIN Bologna that I can see a pic of, just acquired one and would like to see some framing ideas. Kay thanks bye
Nice score! :clap:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:52 pm

It's not arrived yet, it'll be a tense few weeks, cheers :)
Celsius
Flipper

Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:07 pm

These are lovely.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Ya really got a fetish for eyeballs.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Malleus wrote:We're receiving lot of requests about Foo Fighters posters. We delayed of some days the posters drop on direct request of the band management . Please follow us on socials or on our blog to be informed when the posters will be on sale. Thanks!!
PapaVo
Art Expert

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Celsius wrote:Image

These are lovely.
These are up!

http://www.malleusdelic.com/store/