Stout Discussion - fmr: tyler stout posters are going insane

General art-related discussion.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:41 pm

rubberneck wrote:How about that guy that bought an HCG Elite Variant, scored a regular on the drop, got a PB at NYCC and won a variant in the lottery...
#truefan
toobs
Art Expert

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:44 pm

its called collecting beard, not kinda wanting
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
TheSub
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:45 pm

TheBeard wrote:
mnachmia3113 wrote:Is it okay to be butthurt over not scoring on the lottery even though I scored a regular on the drop?
No disrespect but I find it incredibly selfish to have a need to deprive someone of potentially nabbing one of these so you can either flip one or because you absolutely need to have both the regular and variant in order to survive.
Welcome to the Hobby. Everything here is fudge.
whitefalconTLE
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:46 pm

No emails for me, 1/5 on the STout lottos. Congrats to those who were able to pick one up!
TheBeard
Art Expert

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:47 pm

For the record, I didn't enter the lottery as I had no interest in this and, maybe i'm just naive, but I'm of the mindset of if I don't want one, why bother trying to get one? If you already have one, I really don't get the purpose of trying to get another except for the intention of using it for future currency which, in itself is just another way to say flipping since no way will it be used as a bartering tool for less than market value vs the actual value it was bought for.

Just my two cents. I get that most of the people on this board aren't really familiar with the concept of sharing.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
TheSub
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:48 pm

TheBeard wrote:For the record, I didn't enter the lottery as I had no interest in this and, maybe i'm just naive, but I'm of the mindset of if I don't want one, why bother trying to get one? If you already have one, I really don't get the purpose of trying to get another except for the intention of using it for future currency which, in itself is just another way to say flipping since no way will it be used as a bartering tool for less than market value vs the actual value it was bought for.

Just my two cents. I get that most of the people on this board aren't really familiar with the concept of sharing.
:lol:
jpfondu
Art Expert

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Is it over?
toobs
Art Expert

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:49 pm

TheBeard wrote:For the record, I didn't enter the lottery as I had no interest in this and, maybe i'm just naive, but I'm of the mindset of if I don't want one, why bother trying to get one? If you already have one, I really don't get the purpose of trying to get another except for the intention of using it for future currency which, in itself is just another way to say flipping since no way will it be used as a bartering tool for less than market value vs the actual value it was bought for.

thou is better then most i guess
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
westb59
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm

This was my first Stout lotto and didn't get one.... but these posts might be better then getting a print. :lol:
School
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm

What did u winners choose reg or variant?
School
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:53 pm

What did u winners choose reg or variant?
TheBeard
Art Expert

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:53 pm

toobs wrote:

thou is better then most i guess
It's not really a question of better, I just don't get it is all. But i'm also not as consumed by the print world as others so perhaps that makes a difference.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
toobs
Art Expert

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:54 pm

werd
Nicodimas
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:54 pm

See here is the way he should run it:

+1 for Veteran Status <missed pull>
+1 for pass.
(+1 for random other stuff he sells)

You have the chance you buy, or pass on wave one via lottery, or it rolls to drop the next day.

The drops are (( points based))lotto drops, so if you have 1 point you get one part thrown in the hat, if you have 5 points you get five pulls, if you get pulled you get auto-reduced to Zero points for your total points and back to just that entry= 1 point. make sense?
westb59
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Nicodimas wrote:See here is the way he should run it:

+1 for Veteran Status <missed pull>
+1 for pass.
(+1 for random other stuff he sells)

You have the chance you buy, or pass on wave one via lottery, or it rolls to drop the next day.

The drops are (( points based))lotto drops, so if you have 1 point you get one part thrown in the hat, if you have 5 points you get five pulls, if you get pulled you get auto-reduced to Zero points for your total points and back to just that entry= 1 point. make sense?
GREAT SCOTT!!! It makes perfect sense! I will let Tyler know about it right away. :lol: