Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Crash607
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:13 am

Here's the link to release info: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2402946
infrared90s
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:43 am

i would also like a trustee if anybody is willing after crash
greg6906
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:33 pm

Had my first Hoppy Birthday over the weekend. It's a big fat eh. I realize they call it a session IPA, whatever that actually means. $8 for a bomber that I will not be buying again. Easy Jack is a "session" as well, a better beer and much cheaper. I had Duet last night. Tasted similarly to the Alpine version I had a few months ago. A decent beer, but one that I most likely will not buy again. We're too spoiled here for me to buy an $8 average IPA in bomber format. Now, Nelson on the other hand, I cannot wait for that to land here.
greg6906
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:34 pm

yostarama wrote:I have a friend going to Maine in a few weeks and is looking for suggestions on good brewerys or places to get good beer. Any info would be helpful!!! TIA
For breweries, Bissell Brothers, Maine Beer Company, and Foundation Brewing.
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 pm

greg6906 wrote:
yostarama wrote:I have a friend going to Maine in a few weeks and is looking for suggestions on good brewerys or places to get good beer. Any info would be helpful!!! TIA
For breweries, Bissell Brothers, Maine Beer Company, and Foundation Brewing.
Allagash
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:53 pm

jlabbate wrote: Pulse Wave: 8.5% ABV, Equinox bomb. Hazy yellow-orange, awesome lasting head and lacing. Less sweet than Afterimage, so it comes across as more bracingly hoppy as opposed to a capri sun juice box. We get tropical notes of pineapple, peach, and citrus up front and very light chive. The equinox brings really interesting "green" flavors -- i imagine this is what chlorophyll tastes like. Not really getting much of the "bell pepper" note equinox is known for, more candied fruit and greenness. It finishes with a lasting, clean bitterness that is soft but pronounced.

i'd also recommend their RIS...Double Negative, which should be out within the week as well...they have a Barrel Aged version, which is very good and will be out sometime this winter
These just popped out by me. Keep an eye out bud.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
MrMurk
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Fellow beer junkies please take a look!

Dale Dreiling
99 Bottles of Beer
Project Room
October 17th – November 14th

Opening Reception:
Saturday, October 17th
6-10pm
Artist in attendance
Free & Open to the public

50 paintings of beer on canvas and 18 beer sculptures - The artwork is affordable so you can still buy beer!
http://www.blackbookgallery.com/artists/dale-dreiling/

Dale is the art director for Studio Number One - Visit the website for more info...

Your show features 50 paintings of beer, what led you to create this series?
The first piece was just one of those spontaneous things. Prior to that, I had been painting a lot of figures and cityscapes for the better part of five years. I was real serious with them and was starting to feeling bored with it all. That first piece started out as the third canvas in a new portrait series, which I was already growing unhappy with. I felt stuck. It felt like work and I hated it. So, I painted over that piece and took a break.

My spark came from an empty Dogfish Head’s Miles Davis’ Bitches’ Brew that I’d saved. I just got inspired. I love that era of Miles, and I love Mati Klarwein’s painting style. It feels so free, just like the music. That’s how I wanted to feel again. So, I just started painting that bottle as if it was a portrait. This whole series is portraiture of bottles as people. They’re imperfect but they’re real. They’re a collective of individuals, all similar but each different.

Oskar Blues - Dale’s Pale Ale
Cast Hydrocal
2.5 x 5.75 Inches

http://www.blackbookgallery.com/artists/dale-dreiling/
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:27 pm

anyone score tix for the BC Rare event?..I entered everyday..no luck with tix thou :hanging:
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:28 pm

No dice here between myself and a few buddies.
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Nada here as well
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Really depends on where in Maine they are going to be. In Portland, you gotta hit Allagash for sure. Their new(ish) brewery is really nice. I'd even recommend a tour because they'll take you into the wild room where you get to taste some interesting stuff. I also enjoyed Rising Tide which is tiny but right next to Maine Craft Distilling where you can take a break from beer and sip some interesting stuff like carrot gin. Bunker brewing is good too but I remember them having weird hours. Also, good luck finding it but there is a really great beer bar there called Novare Res.

Outside of Portland my favorites were the obvious Maine Beer Co. in Freeport and the less obvious Marshall Wharf in Belfast. Belfast is a little far unless you're on your way to Bar Harbor or something though.

I think the brewers association has worked on a Maine beer map. If you go to one of the breweries they should have one and it has a bunch of breweries listed all over the state. You can also refer to this: http://beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.ph ... efined&z=3

In closing, Maine is awesome.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:26 pm

greg6906 wrote:Had my first Hoppy Birthday over the weekend. It's a big fat eh. I realize they call it a session IPA...
I thought Hoppy Birthday was just a regular pale ale not an IPA? I'm probably wrong. I'm bummed because I haven't really heard anything good about any of the Alpine varieties brewed out of the Green Flash brewery. :(
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 pm

jlabbate wrote:anyone score tix for the BC Rare event?..I entered everyday..no luck with tix thou :hanging:
big ol' goose egg here.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Crash607 wrote:Any Midwesterners plan on going to the Funk Factory Geuzeria/ O'so anniversary release party? If so please let me know. I won't be able to attend, but I'd really like to get these beers.
not sure i feel like another 8 hours of driving, but the Naferious sounds intriging.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:20 pm

jlabbate wrote:anyone score tix for the BC Rare event?..I entered everyday..no luck with tix thou :hanging:
Zero
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq