Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:46 am

CaptainBlood wrote:Thing is gorgeous!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Benelli
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:46 am

brettlv5506 wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:
Benelli wrote:So basically two mondocon's in a row the Ansin has been the star....

Perhaps next year we can just skip the bullshit and do Ansincon by mondo!
Seriously? Have you not seen the Edmiston Halloween, Durieux PF variant, and the Stout Goonies?
Or some guy named Horkey making birds and dinosaurs...
Tong's Mulholland was best in show. Those posters just shimmer with metallics.
The Tong was an amazing and original print!
coborjobs2010
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:48 am

Any of those Tong MD left over?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:49 am

Ansin might have had the best Mondo print, but Danger, Slater, and Vacuum all had better prints available at their booths purely from an art standpoint IMO. Not really into the Rocketeer art print myself though, despite the artwork being on point.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:52 am

My personal favorite is Tong's Mulholland Drive variant. By a long shot.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:54 am

RottenAtom wrote:My personal favorite is Tong's Mulholland Drive variant. By a long shot.
That was the only thing I was gonna pick up from Mondo's booth but it was sold out by the time I got around to going over there.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
mrlanphear
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:54 am

Am I the only one that's surprised that Black Swan hasn't sold out yet?
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 am

Kramerica wrote:That was the only thing I was gonna pick up from Mondo's booth but it was sold out by the time I got around to going over there.
Samsies. Nice meeting you BTW...oh wait. :hanging:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:57 am

Kramerica wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:My personal favorite is Tong's Mulholland Drive variant. By a long shot.
That was the only thing I was gonna pick up from Mondo's booth but it was sold out by the time I got around to going over there.
Same :/
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:That was the only thing I was gonna pick up from Mondo's booth but it was sold out by the time I got around to going over there.
Samsies. Nice meeting you BTW...oh wait. :hanging:
:lol: I actually left pretty early on Sunday to make the drive back home. I didn't get around to meeting/chatting with nearly as many people as I would have liked, pretty much the same story as last year sadly.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:12 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
Same :/
jayper
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:17 pm

coborjobs2010 wrote:Any of those Tong MD left over?
I left on Sunday, mid-day. They still had a decent amount of the regular MDs, but the Variants sold out on Saturday.
DeadHand
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:19 pm

coborjobs2010 wrote:Any of those Tong MD left over?
plenty of regular last day of the con. so assume they will go up.
mrlanphear wrote:Am I the only one that's surprised that Black Swan hasn't sold out yet?
It was one of those posters I saw at the con and went "like it, but I can probably get it in a online drop". So yeah guess I'm not surprised considering the relatively simple art and that the art is also on the vinyl.
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:20 pm

Kramerica wrote:Ansin might have had the best Mondo print, but Danger, Slater, and Vacuum all had better prints available at their booths purely from an art standpoint IMO. Not really into the Rocketeer art print myself though, despite the artwork being on point.
What's fantastic is that so many artists really stepped up their game for MC2. An embarrassment of riches.

It's bugging me that the best pics of Inclusion variant are on eBay and they're not even good pics.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:21 pm

The Mondo line was long as hell for most of the morning. It was taking about 2.5 hours to get through according to some of the folks that went through it. All I wanted was the Shaw Bros tees, which I knew would hang around, and the MD variant. All morning, between other booths, I would check and the stack of variants kept getting smaller and smaller but the line kept getting longer. I went through the Vacvvm line and the Mitchell line and before heading to Marchessa, decided to check the Mondo line one last time. Luckily it was the shortest it had been. Then it was a race against time as The Vacvvm panel started in an hour. Made it through in time to grab a beer and make the panel. The stack of posters was less than a cm thick when I picked it up. Barely made it 8)