The Anti-Pet Peeve Thread - Small things that made your day

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:10 am

During my peevish period, after hearing a bag packer say for the nth time, "ermagerd you buy lots of food!", I took my heaping cart full of groceries through the self-checkout. Just for fun. It must have taken me an hour to get through it all, with alarms going off every three seconds. A few grocery employees came by to watch. The self-checkout attendant's head was about to explode by the time I rolled out of there :lol:
Welcome to the sleaze pit
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:05 am

You guys dont have the scan n shop thing at your grocery stores? Go in, scan your card, get a scanner, scan your stuff as you pack it into your own bags as you shop, then you hit the self checkout and scan one barcode and all the fudge pops up. Swipe, go.

Things got coupons on it too. DIGITAL COUPONS.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:18 am

^ That sounds like heaven.

Self checkout all the way. Just because I like to sometimes make off with a tub of ice cream. fudge aint cheap and I'm nearly a poor person.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:06 am

guryter wrote:You guys dont have the scan n shop thing at your grocery stores? Go in, scan your card, get a scanner, scan your stuff as you pack it into your own bags as you shop, then you hit the self checkout and scan one barcode and all the fudge pops up. Swipe, go.

This sounds like the best thing ever.
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:09 am

sidewaysscott wrote:can look at pretty girls
now where do you shop exactly? 8)
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Codeblue wrote:Fugging love the self check out. Only flaw is the no booze thing. Almost never buy booze at the grocery store anyway. #chittyselection
We got a pretty sweet set up at the local Smiths here. Smooth sailing on the check out and we can check out booze. If I remember correctly the beer selection is decent too. We don't have liquor though like Cali and such. Only found at liquor stores.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:08 pm

dropdoctor wrote:
rubberneck wrote:I just dislike the weirdos they hire as a token service to some special aid center, packing my stuff.

Espc when they try to make token conversation. "Eyes down Rocky Dennis!"

I bet you turn em down too when they offer to carry your bags to the car :lol:
I pass on the car assistance because 1) I park far away so 2) I can get max speed and then ride down on the back of the cart. Gotta make sure you have a little weight in the front or you're on your ass. They basically have a striped off runway for such shenanigans at my store. Straight shot to where I park and slightly downhill.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:10 pm

guryter wrote:You guys dont have the scan n shop thing at your grocery stores? Go in, scan your card, get a scanner, scan your stuff as you pack it into your own bags as you shop, then you hit the self checkout and scan one barcode and all the fudge pops up. Swipe, go.

Seriously. There is no need for paper coupons anymore.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:20 pm

This fudge is genius. Cmon Walmart, fire the donkeys and get with the times
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:55 pm

canuck wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Fugging love the self check out. Only flaw is the no booze thing. Almost never buy booze at the grocery store anyway. #chittyselection
We got a pretty sweet set up at the local Smiths here. Smooth sailing on the check out and we can check out booze. If I remember correctly the beer selection is decent too. We don't have liquor though like Cali and such. Only found at liquor stores.
Here in Texas we have drive thru liquor stores.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
1000steps
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:53 am

ColonelCash wrote:I pass on the car assistance because 1) I park far away so 2) I can get max speed and then ride down on the back of the cart. Gotta make sure you have a little weight in the front or you're on your ass. They basically have a striped off runway for such shenanigans at my store. Straight shot to where I park and slightly downhill.
True freedom is a grown man riding his shopping cart down the sidewalk while ignoring the stares from uptight bystanders. Highly recommended.
fnord
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:16 am

I've found the only issue with that is one has to account for their own added weight over the years. Gotta counter balance the beer belly. Otherwise, highly recommended.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:53 am

You have to counter balance the beer belly with beer in the shopping cart. I found this helps out quite a bit.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:59 am

George Miller and Warner Bros. Considering Which Mad Max Sequel to Make First

How could Imperator Furiosa not inspire a million more stories? Well, it’s unlikely that the next Mad Max film will have anything to do with her, as the franchise is more like an anthology series. However, George Miller and Warner Bros. are currently discussing which of two scripts currently in existence will be the next installment in the Mad Max story.

Yup, there are two scripts that are already done and in consideration right now. It’s only a matter of which one to do first. As Miller told Top Gear, it was all a product of Fury Road having had such a long, arduous journey to get to screens in the first place:

This film [Fury Road] was green lit three times and fell over three times over a decade. We went to shoot with Mel Gibson back in 2001, but then 9/11 happened, and the American dollar collapsed against the Australian dollar close to 30 per cent, so we lost that amount of budget overnight.

We were then rained out of Australia. The desert rained for the first time in 15 years, and we ended up in South West Africa, Namibia. But in this process, we had dug down deep into the backstory, not only of the characters, but of every vehicle. How the steering wheels became religious artifacts and things like that.

So we ended up with two scripts, without really trying. We’re talking to the studio [Warner Bros] about it as we speak, but which one of the two stories will happen next, I’m not so sure.
Hmmm. So, might the next Mad Max film be some kind of a prequel? The War Boys’ backstory, or about Immortan Joe’s rise to power? Or did all that backstory work simply inspire new ideas that went into Max’s adventures after leaving Furiosa in charge?

Whatever the story is, we’re going to have to wait a bit. As you can imagine, making Mad Max: Fury Road took a toll on Miller, and he’s looking to direct a less strenuous film first before diving back into the apocalypse.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/movies/ ... d-director
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Mondocon for cost threads. Love it, for the comedy, not the value.
ImageT.K.C.