Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Count
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Definitely not as strong as his Guardians print. Visually, a bit of a mess. And Vision being right smack in the centre looks odd to me. Still, each character is well illustrated and like all Stouts it will probably look much better in person at 24x36 as compared to a tiny jpeg.
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Count wrote:Definitely not as strong as his Guardians print. Visually, a bit of a mess.
Points to Tyler as the prints mirror the films. :P
whiskaz
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:26 pm

JGC7881 wrote:
whiskaz wrote:
lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:the only flaw that i can think of is that the reg does not have any green and gold in there and it won't match with the first avengers print, but it's not that bad of a flaw. on the other hand it will pair up with GOTG quite nicely.
Reg doesn't match the Avengers reg. Var doesn't match the Avengers var. That kind of stuff irks me... and I don't even own the first Stout Avengers (reg or var). Why on earth wouldn't you make them compliment each other? It does match the gotg reg but it doesn't match the gotg var. The cast/crew editions got swapped. Silly.

Just a guess, but maybe because the first Avengers poster by Stout was commissioned by Mondo, and this one is commissioned by HCG, so Stout might not have wanted to have the same color schemes.
But it's the same color scheme as the GOTG reg... and var...and his GOTG cast/crew var... but switched up. Just seems like an odd choice not to make them work better as a set.
fdiskmbr
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Wish the regular had green and metallic gold to match the first Avengers poster but this will go nicely with the regular gotg. I think Vision looks the best in the cast and crew variant, this version will go nicely with the other Avengers and gotg variant. Variant looks awesome, got that cast and crew feel from the gotg variant but good luck trying to track one of those down to get that matching set.
recycler
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:04 pm

A classic case when the whole is less than the sum of the parts.
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Count wrote:Vision being right smack in the centre looks odd to me.
Yes Vision looks out of place. Would have liked to see a larger scale between characters but thats what happens when there is no room to play.

Tyler sets the bar so high. If this were another artist I think everyone would be in love with this print.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:19 am

mademehmmm wrote:
Count wrote:Vision being right smack in the centre looks odd to me.
Yes Vision looks out of place. Would have liked to see a larger scale between characters but thats what happens when there is no room to play.

Tyler sets the bar so high. If this were another artist I think everyone would be in love with this print.
Nah. The movie just wasn't very good and the ansin is better.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
justboy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:26 am

Its cluttered as he'll but actually like this more than his avengers print.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:19 am

The cast and crew variant has bids at 910 on the bay right now. Might be the dumbest fudge I've ever seen.
wizdom
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:00 am

MengFong93 wrote:For some reason this doesn't appeal to me at all, there is something "off" but I am not quite sure what it is.
Has to be the scaling of characters. Compositionally, Tyler usually has one or two "heroes" that stand out from all the clutter. Here, most characters are similar in size thus your eye doesn't know what to focus on. Classic case of cluster-drymount. I love me some Tyler, though. He is probably just dusting off the cobwebs after being out of the business for a while.
mike123230
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:06 am

sir_smokealot wrote:Did Stout and Mondo break up?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask. I forget the rules.
Don't you make the rules?
Sierradelfuego
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:14 am

It'll be an easy flip...

But seriously, it's good to see Stout back in the game. One question I had is are there some characters that are just cut from the earlier print(s)? I feel like I have seen that Capt America multiple times. Good to see him back in old form, though!
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:17 am

mike123230 wrote:
sir_smokealot wrote:Did Stout and Mondo break up?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask. I forget the rules.
Don't you make the rules?
Hey! Im the one asking the questions here!

:lol:
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:22 am

followmefilms wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:Lots going on in that print. Maybe too much? :?
I agree. It's just way too chaotic. It's trying to hard to get everything in there. Visual overload.
That's every Stout...
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:29 am

Busiest stout print eva!
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.