Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:05 pm

New image Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Stout
Cast and Crew Variant

followmefilms
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:44 pm

downforcemedia wrote:Lots going on in that print. Maybe too much? :?

I agree. It's just way too chaotic. It's trying to hard to get everything in there. Visual overload. But, it's a Stout, so I am sure I am in the minority here.
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:49 pm

It's missing The Falcon. Also something "off": it's not on my wall yet.

ELITE.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
matowest
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:58 pm

CaptNemo wrote:It's missing The Falcon. Also something "off": it's not on my wall yet.

ELITE.
In fairness, Falcon isn't in it all that much. Party at the beginning and the last scene, IIRC?
Packatrix
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:39 pm

It's Tyler Stout.
It's Marvel.
It's official...

Three plusses, but i'm really not digging it compositionally... Guardians was busy, but seems to have half the characters from this and therefore works better IMHO. His Akira is equally full of detail but its spacious centre portion and the large figures give it balance and breathing room. (Still my favourite Stout by a country mile!)

It'll be a sell out, and will jump up to the $300s almost immediately I guess...

But i wish i loved it, so i could enjoy the drop fail.

The film didn't work for me, but i'd love an Ultron print that focused more on Ultron and Vision and their relationship/roles...

In the end though, great for the fans to have a new Stout.
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Did Stout and Mondo break up?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask. I forget the rules.
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:55 pm

the only flaw that i can think of is that the reg does not have any green and gold in there and it won't match with the first avengers print, but it's not that bad of a flaw. on the other hand it will pair up with GOTG quite nicely.
Last edited by lilorphanFunkhouser on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Great stuff, for me i don't buy concert posters that i did not attend (obv) i also don't pursue posters for franchises i am not invested in,( more for yall). I must say it is fantastic to see new posters of this caliber from the man. Great stuff, not busy enough in my opinion lol
blazin173
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:26 pm

The first avengers print is way better.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:40 pm

MengFong93 wrote:For some reason this doesn't appeal to me at all, there is something "off" but I am not quite sure what it is.
The Hulk's not green? (not that there's anything wrong with that)
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:46 pm

I don't get it, but then again i've never gotten Stout.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:52 pm

downforcemedia wrote:Lots going on in that print. Maybe too much? :?
kinda like the film
Welcome to the sleaze pit
whiskaz
Art Expert

lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:the only flaw that i can think of is that the reg does not have any green and gold in there and it won't match with the first avengers print, but it's not that bad of a flaw. on the other hand it will pair up with GOTG quite nicely.
Reg doesn't match the Avengers reg. Var doesn't match the Avengers var. That kind of stuff irks me... and I don't even own the first Stout Avengers (reg or var). Why on earth wouldn't you make them compliment each other? It does match the gotg reg but it doesn't match the gotg var. The cast/crew editions got swapped. Silly.
whiskaz
Art Expert

dp
Last edited by whiskaz on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JGC7881
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:58 pm

whiskaz wrote:
lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:the only flaw that i can think of is that the reg does not have any green and gold in there and it won't match with the first avengers print, but it's not that bad of a flaw. on the other hand it will pair up with GOTG quite nicely.
Reg doesn't match the Avengers reg. Var doesn't match the Avengers var. That kind of stuff irks me... and I don't even own the first Stout Avengers (reg or var). Why on earth wouldn't you make them compliment each other? It does match the gotg reg but it doesn't match the gotg var. The cast/crew editions got swapped. Silly.

Just a guess, but maybe because the first Avengers poster by Stout was commissioned by Mondo, and this one is commissioned by HCG, so Stout might not have wanted to have the same color schemes.