Stout Discussion - fmr: tyler stout posters are going insane

General art-related discussion.
Sevensykes
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:34 am

statik wrote:I don't think either edition is sold out. I think more news is coming regarding the official drop. The previous blind sale was probably a small number set aside to award those who put their trust in them or had insider VIP info to not need to trust since they already knew. I imagine they also got a slight discount on pricing as well.

When it drops to the public prices will be higher. Don't pay a flipper till you have all the facts vs what is all just pure speculation right now. That includes my post. I could be wrong. I could be right. The fact we don't have a answer is reason to wait.
The voice of reason. :pint:
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:35 am

Reason does not exist in this dojo.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
kcn0
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:37 am

I collect posters, but I only collect a few select artists... I am hoping that this is not exclusively part of the 'elite' bundles, and that I still have a chance to buy this at a reasonable (poor mans) price.

Why poster "bundles" suck:

(1) I need to buy artwork that I don't want to obtain one that I do.
(2) My initial out of pocket expense is significantly more, and the leadtimes on "bundles" seems to be significantly greater than an individual purchase.
(3) I need to spend time selling the other pieces, packaging them up, and make a trip to the post office.

Why "blind bundles" suck:

(1) All of the above.
(2) Many companies use this to offload crap.
(3) It is poor form for people that actually may be interested in keeping something, for those who don't have a 'collection' of 250+ random pieces.

On another note - I think Tyler did a great job with this one! I like that he kept the same theme (Avengers logo) as his first Avengers print, and mixed in a little bit of his newer, evolving style. This is a perfect fit with the rest of his Avengers stuff, and I am excited to see the other versions!! In any case, I am really glad to see some new art coming out from him... it is very refreshing and it brings the excitement back to this hobby. Tyler and Sarah have been very loyal to their fans, and even though I don't score as many as I wish (er- only 1 lottery), they are very fair with how they treat this business.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
sincere86a
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:47 am

kcn0 wrote:...I don't score as many as I wish (er- only 1 lottery)
That puts you one ahead of me :hanging:
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:52 am

None on ebay.. if this was a Mondo screening their would be plenty.
Not sure if the general public would care if it's a Mondo one, but from previous releases it does take some of the cache away from this one.

I know several people who will not know this one even exists, but if were a Mondo release they sure would have. I guess that may be the point of this release from HCG.

Great print for a pretty good follow-up movie.

This does beg the question on the direction Mondo is going. They seem to be focused on other avenues. I think they know that the print thing won't last forever and best to get other streams of revenue going.

But Poster and Toys (now Vavvum, Horkey and some other sites have slowed down on the print releases over the last 6-12 months.
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
Creation88
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:57 am

The blowing of wads with all this speculation and rumors is hilarious to read
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:11 am

Maybe he was bff with Justin: no more Justin, no more T-Stout
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:24 am

Great print, I have just gotten to the point that I realize I will probably never hang any of Stout's prints, other than maybe SW. I also would be tempted by GOTG. It's funny though, even knowing this, I still want it.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:25 am

NEWPORTS69 wrote:Maybe he was bff with Justin: no more Justin, no more T-Stout
If true, Mondo undervalued Justin.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:28 am

Do people really think Stout won't work with Mondo because Justin is gone? He was making prints with them before Justin was even there wasn't he? Pretty sure we will see a Stout at MondoCon as well.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:31 am

Kramerica wrote:Do people really think Stout won't work with Mondo because Justin is gone? He was making prints with them before Justin was even there wasn't he? Pretty sure we will see a Stout at MondoCon as well.
Some folk forget this is a business and gallery loyalty is a lofty notion when there are bills to pay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:32 am

People are dumb.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:32 am

I think it's great if Tyler branches out- don't basically all of the other artists Mondo works with release work through other avenues? Why not him too? Doesn't mean he has to burn bridges with Mondo. Durieux has released through tons of avenues
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:40 am

tyler also worked with DHM for the hendrix
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:41 am

And Tyler's done gigprints and art prints before that obviously weren't Mondo. I think what makes it a bit odd for me, is that it's specifically Avengers. Since the previous films in the franchiseMarvel Cinematic Universe were all from Mondo. If it were a completely unrelated movie i guess i wouldn't have been as surprised by it. With that said, i definitely don't think it's any kind of statement about Tyler's relationship with Mondo.
So it goes...