Spusta Studio Store update

General art-related discussion.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:08 pm

I honestly never engaged in magic cards. The kids who were into that fudge, at least in my school, we're definitely weirdos. One dude wore black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt everyday. Seriously, every drymounting day. I played sports at recess in grade school.
ImageT.K.C.
squalie
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:17 pm

I kid. I'm clueless about Magic and also have boxes of baseball cards that aren't worth the paper their printed on.

I do think that some of the aftermarket prices for these minis are nutz (and I would never pay them) but they are limited screen printed art on cool paper, with great inks, and creative characters. Its fun and collecting should be fun.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:32 pm

bryndavies wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:
zefarrett wrote:The handbills are just like baseball cards. It's fun to collect them and flip through the portfolio looking at them. It's a brilliant idea.
I do agree with this very much. More than once have I been reminded of my days collecting cards as a kid while trying to acquire some 5x5.

Agree. But this is also the scary part. My "retirement" baseball card stash back at my mom's basement is worth about 10% of what I paid for them back in the 90s.
:lol: Very true. I've got complete sets for the years from 79 through about 89. The kicker is my grandfather liked putting them in binders so I don't have boxes of the complete sets, but binders full of them!. I can't even begin to tell you what a pain in the ass they are. I can't bring myself to just dump them but have no idea what to do with them.

Hopefully Spusta's stuff will hold value a little longer. IMO the thing he really has going for him is the mass appeal of his art. In my experience, it doesn't matter what age of gender the viewer, most LOVE whatever image they are looking at. I've had some of his pieces at 3 different local framing shops and it was non-stop questions from anyone that walked by.
I'm not someone else.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Folks at my frame shop are definitely intrigued about these funny creatures I keep bringing in.
ImageT.K.C.
bmerel
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:40 pm

bryndavies wrote:I honestly never engaged in magic cards. The kids who were into that fudge, at least in my school, we're definitely weirdos. One dude wore black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt everyday. Seriously, every drymounting day. I played sports at recess in grade school.

:2thumb:

(These are sarcastic thumbs)
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:43 pm

bmxfreak wrote:I got a green Govt Mule when I won the blue in the lottery and they gave me the option of keeping it with a partial refund or sending it back. Only one micro in that package. I sent it back for the blue and they threw in some other extras for the mix up. Just shoot them an email and I'm sure they'll do the same.
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I'm waiting for a response from them. I responded to the order confirmation so hopefully that was they way to go.
I definitely don't want to keep the print they sent me as I already have it so hopefully they will be able to exchange.

The last few gigs prints I have gotten from them have always included at least a couple of extras so I guess I was lucky. c'est la vie.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:02 pm

bmerel wrote:
bryndavies wrote:I honestly never engaged in magic cards. The kids who were into that fudge, at least in my school, we're definitely weirdos. One dude wore black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt everyday. Seriously, every drymounting day. I played sports at recess in grade school.

I take it you were the dude in black sweatpants then?
ImageT.K.C.
bmerel
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:13 pm

bryndavies wrote:
bmerel wrote:

Nope.
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:31 pm

bryndavies wrote:
bmerel wrote:

That would explain a lot about him.
boraaa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:11 pm

anything happening today?
ryan916
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:38 pm

boraaa wrote:anything happening today?
Spusta Gnome says:
September 29, 2015 at 4:10 pm

There will be nothing sold through the Spusta Studio Shop this Wednesday.
boraaa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Ken
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Marq Spusta : Mini Creature Caravan
screen print on paper
signed by the artist
6" x 15"
$20 each

Collectors who purchase a grey version (above) will also receive the option to pick up a randomly inserted color variant for an additional $20. Limit two prints total per person. These prints will debut at NYCC with Spoke Art. For those of you who can't make it, Marq will be releasing copies on his website sometime down the road.

We'll be keeping fans updated on our NYCC releases, including this one, via our website so check that if you have any questions! - http://www.spoke-art.com/2015/09/25/joi ... nycc-2015/
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 pm

Open edition it seems. Now folks, don't go getting too stupid charging/buying this. Keep it mellow.
ImageT.K.C.
Ken
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:58 pm

bryndavies wrote:Open edition it seems. Now folks, don't go getting too stupid charging/buying this. Keep it mellow.
Technically not an open edition as some of the color variants are insanely rare (only a few in existence)