Spusta Studio Store update

General art-related discussion.
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:29 am

Do people that try and buy every color and such actually display them, or is it purely like a hoarding thing?
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:40 am

I think there's a mix. I've seen some pictures of people that have them on the wall, but most of the pictures of people's collections I've seen are them spread out on a table or the floor.

If my comment had any part in driving you to ask the question, I would love to eventually hang 2 of the mini caravans: A pink to hang in the house and a second color to frame for my office. I would just love to get a few of them in my hand, decide which paper I like the most and trade the rest.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:57 am

apruski03 wrote:Do people that try and buy every color and such actually display them, or is it purely like a hoarding thing?
Unfortunately there is a lot more hoarding than displaying.
I'm not someone else.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:11 pm

The handbills are just like baseball cards. It's fun to collect them and flip through the portfolio looking at them. It's a brilliant idea.
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:23 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:I think there's a mix. I've seen some pictures of people that have them on the wall, but most of the pictures of people's collections I've seen are them spread out on a table or the floor.

If my comment had any part in driving you to ask the question, I would love to eventually hang 2 of the mini caravans: A pink to hang in the house and a second color to frame for my office. I would just love to get a few of them in my hand, decide which paper I like the most and trade the rest.
No, it wasn't your comment at all!

For a short period I was in a Spusta group on facebook and there were people that literally had dozens of the same print, just in different color combinations. I was just curious what was about.
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:25 pm

zefarrett wrote:The handbills are just like baseball cards. It's fun to collect them and flip through the portfolio looking at them. It's a brilliant idea.
Oh my gosh, from a sale perspective he's hit pay dirt. Sell the same image repeatedly, just alter the colors and the papers a bit and only sell a handful at a time to keep demand up??? Absolutely brilliant!

Mr. Spusta is a very good artist, but an even better business man!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:28 pm

apruski03 wrote:
zefarrett wrote:The handbills are just like baseball cards. It's fun to collect them and flip through the portfolio looking at them. It's a brilliant idea.
Oh my gosh, from a sale perspective he's hit pay dirt. Sell the same image repeatedly, just alter the colors and the papers a bit and only sell a handful at a time to keep demand up??? Absolutely brilliant!

Mr. Spusta is a very good artist, but an even better business man!
The secret stash ebay/facebook page is a perfect example of this. Good for him for taking advantage of the rabid following and market that has developed around his work.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:30 pm

This!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
alteridiom
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 pm

You Spusta freaks may want to pay attention to:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 3#p3109713

Marq was very generous.
Small town pizza lawyer
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:08 am

Anyone else receive the wrong print from Marq's most recent sale? I'm hoping he will be able to exchange for the one I ordered. Anyone get a moe green by mistake?
I think this is a first for me after all these years of collecting.
I also didn't get any minis or stickers or anything. :( I hope Marq hasn't stopped sending those things. I look forward to the mystery goodies.
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:24 am

I don't think that the gig posters generally come with many free extras.
bmxfreak
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:25 am

I got a green Govt Mule when I won the blue in the lottery and they gave me the option of keeping it with a partial refund or sending it back. Only one micro in that package. I sent it back for the blue and they threw in some other extras for the mix up. Just shoot them an email and I'm sure they'll do the same.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:45 am

I do agree with this very much. More than once have I been reminded of my days collecting cards as a kid while trying to acquire some 5x5.
I'm not someone else.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:55 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
I do agree with this very much. More than once have I been reminded of my days collecting cards as a kid while trying to acquire some 5x5.

Agree. But this is also the scary part. My "retirement" baseball card stash back at my mom's basement is worth about 10% of what I paid for them back in the 90s.
ImageT.K.C.
squalie
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Who you guys think you're fooling with this "baseball" card stuff. We all know you're really referencing Magic cards. :P