Australian FS/FT thread

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:59 pm

DonPiano wrote:Shipping shouldn't be a problem. I've had a friend ship framed canvases and the like from Perth to Sydney no troubles. Just as long as you're using a good shipping company and the person packaging it does the right job - both of which TOTM would do.

His frame ups are seriously next level stuff. Just drymounting phenomenal. I don't know what the quality of framers is like over east, but seriously, if you want the Geddes and Phlegm to look great, then give it a consideration if you can afford it. Sure, it'd be another big ISO knocked off, buuut, it'd also be a big ISO framed properly in a way that will make you happy. I say this as a proud new owner of some framed stuff and yeah, it's damn nice to see them done properly.

His bang up job on the Geddes here was perfect - it's hard to capture how great this job was in a photo, but in person it's a centerpiece. Pretty sure the guy who got it done was blown away as well. - http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=1065

Heck, the frame up jobs he's done on some of the Horkey's he's got are just stunning. I'm not a huge fan of the Hork, but the work TOTM did framing them makes them look grand.

On a completely different subject... Christmas is about, what, four months away? Anybody up for doing the Secret Santa thing again this year? Given the pathetic Aussie dollar I'd understand if people were not so keen. Was thinking if that was the case that people gift local things? Thoughts?
Thanks for the detailed post mate.
I went back to my framer on Saturday with the Geddes, my girlfriend came in with me. She picked something different and im much more happy with the frame up now. Glad I didn’t go ahead when I went in solo a few days earlier.
I will definitely consider TOTM for future frames though.

Id be up for SS, but with the dollar being drymounting horrible local gifts might be the way to go as you mentioned.
comical_imbalance
Art Expert

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:32 pm

I have an epic-awesome flatfile I can use now, but between the crap dollar, lack of wall space, and the fact that I can't sink bulk $$$ into framing, I've had to really curb my buying.
"Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed"
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:09 am

I've been real light on the print purchases this year. We've moved down to one salary so that's hurt the wallet a bit, but also there just hasn't been enough that I've wanted to put in my flat file and ignore for an extended period of time this year. I grabbed the Taylor Pixies print and that is a stunner. I will say as well, I've joined in a few commissions for films I really enjoy and love (Ananphada's The Fall and Amelie, Frena's Seven Samurai) and so far that's worked out wonderfully - even though the two I'm in right now are going to hurt when it comes to paying ($US85 for a print pre-shipping works out to be about $AU120 - ouch, at least I've seen the image beforehand and it's great).

At the end of the month I'll put up a 'sign in' list for this years SS and see who's interested. I've already got a few things in mind that are locally made/produced that might be worthwhile purchases for people. Failing that, it might be photo's all round.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Anyone out there in Melbourne that could potentially help me? Trying to buy something and dude is looking for a face to face. Still trying to convince him to ship, but may need a hand.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:22 am

I can't sadly as I'm in Perth. If it was the end of October, then yes. Hopefully someone can help you out.
The Curb

wottagunn
Art Expert

Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:24 am

I sent you a PM mate, but im a little bit out of melb so it might not work out.

hey don, you like the decemberists right? theyve got an EP out next month and are touring here soon (next year id say). They're great live, definitely worth checking out.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:32 am

Love The Decemberists. Their most recent album is great. Their the last band on my 'to see live' list. Was slightly annoyed the only time they've played in Perth was at a Big Day Out, hardly the right place to see them live. I'm hoping both The Decemberists and Sleater-Kinney tour next year and hit Perth.
The Curb

DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:59 pm

Wotta - The Decemberists have been added to the Bluesfest in Byron Bay. Odds are they'll have a show in Melbourne as well and also will most likely play at Blues n Roots here in WA which is great. Probably the only festival I still try and attend regularly.
The Curb

wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:10 pm

DonPiano wrote:Wotta - The Decemberists have been added to the Bluesfest in Byron Bay. Odds are they'll have a show in Melbourne as well and also will most likely play at Blues n Roots here in WA which is great. Probably the only festival I still try and attend regularly.
I saw that, and yeah im pretty sure theyll do a few shows in Melbourne. Hoping colin does a solo show like he did in 2010.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Yeah, I'd love to see him do a solo show - fingers crossed if he's across in WA he does a solo show here as well. I'm hoping that The National join up with Blues N Roots next year as well. Definitely not keen on Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - saw him at the Big Day Out and man, that guy is a fuckhead.
The Curb

DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:34 pm

Freo V Hawthorn
WC V North Melbourne

Who's got what picks? I'm hoping for a Derby GF - it's gotta happen. Although I'm absolutely terrified of the fact that in the year Freo win the minor premiership they have a strong chance of losing the flag to bloody West Coast. We would never be able to live it down.
The Curb

wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:09 am

DonPiano wrote:Yeah, I'd love to see him do a solo show - fingers crossed if he's across in WA he does a solo show here as well. I'm hoping that The National join up with Blues N Roots next year as well. Definitely not keen on Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - saw him at the Big Day Out and man, that guy is a fuckhead.
im hoping The National tour solo because I aint going to a drymounting festival.
DonPiano wrote:Freo V Hawthorn
WC V North Melbourne

Who's got what picks? I'm hoping for a Derby GF - it's gotta happen. Although I'm absolutely terrified of the fact that in the year Freo win the minor premiership they have a strong chance of losing the flag to bloody West Coast. We would never be able to live it down.
WC and Hawthorn have it this week, sorry mate.
And even if Freo do manage to scrape a win, you won't be able to beat WC.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:25 am

Blues and Roots - which I assume would be no different to Bluesfest - is a hippie lead festival. I think both The National and The Decemberists would definitely do solo shows in Melbourne for sure. Palais is my guess. (That still exists right?)

I'll still be really hopeful with thinking that Freo will get it up over Hawthorn AND West Coast. Fremantle supporters will literally be drymounted for years if we lose to West Coast in the Grand Final. I don't like joking about suicide, but y'know, I'd not be surprised if some poor soul out there ended their miserable life of being a Freo supporter if we lost to West Coast. It'd be like being the fat kid in the playground full of skinny white dudes.
The Curb

wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Don’t get me wrong, id love for hawthorn to lose, but if they play like they did last week theyre going to be hard to beat. Very quick, high disposal footy which is pretty much the opposite of Freo’s style.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Yeah, can't disagree with you there. Michael Johnson looks to be out as well. Part of me really wishes they'd included Crowley as an emergency rather than completely bump him out. Either way, I've got a carton of beer coming tonight so if we lose I've got a whole long weekend to get drunk and recover.
The Curb