All things Spotlight Displays

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Just changed mine out!

Ant-Man looks weirdly saturated in the pic. Looks much better in person.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:53 pm

noice!
jayper
Art Expert

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Is there enough space in the frames to swap out the films for a normal foam core and UV plexi?
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:17 am

jayper wrote:Is there enough space in the frames to swap out the films for a normal foam core and UV plexi?
Hello Jayper, just seeing this now. Our Wide Border comes being able to accommodate up to .250" depth. Our Standard Thin border frames come being able to handle .125" and can be made to handle up to .500" All you have to do is let me know what the thickness is of the foam core you are putting in and I will take care of it.

Thank you!
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:19 am

While I am here I just want to thank everyone for their business!!! It means a lot and is greatly appreciated!!! THANK YOU!!!
ColeParks
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Got my order in the other day and had them up on the wall in no time! Super satisfied with everything!

SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Awesome Cole!!! Love that Rebecca!!!
jtanner11
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:33 am

Does anyone have pics of frames that aren't black or white?
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:52 am

jtanner11 wrote:Does anyone have pics of frames that aren't black or white?
Hello JT, You can see the different colors of our frames here: http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/about- ... rames.html and if you look around you can see some pictures here:https://www.facebook.com/SpotlightDispl ... tos_stream

But if anyone has any colors frames please post away!

Hope everyone is well and thank you so much for your business, it really means A LOT!!!!
slunkey
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:15 pm

Jumped on the band wagon with 3 white frames, here is what the miss and I set up today. I wanted to run with a theme and I love me some Ortiz.

On a side, noticed that on one of the frames, one of the sides sometimes gets stuck halfway when trying to open. However, if you mess with it for a little bit, it will open all the way. Has anyone else had this problem?

Anyways, love the end result. Have two more black ones to put up in another room for another day.

SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:26 pm

slunkey wrote:Jumped on the band wagon with 3 white frames, here is what the miss and I set up today. I wanted to run with a theme and I love me some Ortiz.

On a side, noticed that on one of the frames, one of the sides sometimes gets stuck halfway when trying to open. However, if you mess with it for a little bit, it will open all the way. Has anyone else had this problem?

Anyways, love the end result. Have two more black ones to put up in another room for another day.

Looks really nice! I responded to your email. You are going to have to force it as one of the spring clips must be out of place. Please DON'T try and readjust the spring clip with your fingers as they are very SHARP. Use needle nose plyers. Or better yet just leave it alone and I will send out another side for you!

Sorry you are having trouble!!!
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Ah, an o.c.d. free living space. Ok jokes over slunkey now move The Thing to the left of the Goonies.
slunkey
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:39 pm

ToonKiller wrote:Ah, an o.c.d. free living space. Ok jokes over slunkey now move The Thing to the left of the Goonies.
Haha, we tried to center the frames with the couch, but for some reason the space to the left of The Goonies has a bit of a curve to the wall (the whole house is shifting, we have some spots where it just looks slanted), and the spotlight frame was looking tilted when level and not resting flat against the wall.

We tried but we liked how the current placement of the frames does not bring a lot of focus on being centered with the couch, plus we plan to place more prints in that area to bring more balance to the wall.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:11 pm

It looks good I'm just giving ya a hard time :ziggi:
kaysirtap
New User

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:15 pm

I have a few of questions that I'm hoping someone can answer for me regrading these frames.

Firstly, one thing I want to frame is a jigsaw puzzle, and its thickness is approximately 3/32 of an inch. Will these frames accommodate such a thickness?

Secondly, in regards to posters, I am worried about the edges of the frame clamping down to hold everything in place. I have a similar type of frame that I purchased from Amazon (NOT a Spotlight Display), and what I've noticed is that if I take the print and overlay out and close the edge down, the part that would normally make contact with the overlay closes down on an area that is deeper than what the edges of the print/overlay would rest on. The result is a slight indentation around the edges of the print, where the edges of the frame are clamping down - particularly noticeable in the corners. See picture below for an illustration of what I'm talking about - the print/overlay would rest on the aluminum part, while the frame clamps down on the white part.

The following picture is NOT of a Spotlight Display frame:
IMG_14081.jpg
So my question regarding that is, with no overlays or prints in these Spotlight Display frames, do the edges come down on the aluminum that the edges of the overlay rests on, or does it also try to clamp down on an area deeper than that aluminum edge?

What concerns me is this: I have seen the video on the website that shows the storage of multiple prints in a single frame, and when the marks on the overlay are discussed it is mentioned that there are no marks on the print. However, a screen capture from the video at 1:44 seems to show a mark in the corner of the print when the light hits it just right, and that seems to line up with the mark on the overlay:
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 2.13.32 PM copy.jpg
Lastly, these white frames... are they a gloss white, matte white or something in between?

Thanks!