LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
IronRinn
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 am

God damn it, stopped paying attention to LEGO and I totally missed out on Wall-E. Hopefully I can grab one once they release the fixed version.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:42 am

scumbugg wrote:
fanboy wrote:Are you going to sell extra sets? :notworthy:
Yes please.
I will be sure to help out people here, have a guy that pinged me a few months ago I am checking with right now, but will keep you guys posted!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Completed set opened last night, woohoo!

Those ghost ones are confusing, took me a min to distinguish the two lol
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
edgar
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:29 pm

starkdesign wrote:Well, tonight was my lucky night after all!

Went to target, no minifigs in sight, none even in inventory (according to the older lady working that area, was still skeptical).

Went to walmart, just left over simpsons in a random box on the shelf, next to the trashed ninjago display (that was raided and all the minifigs stolen out the sides, save for one leg)

Wife suggested, hey, why not check walgreens on the way home? Not out of the way, and been able to find some there in the past...

BINGO! Not only did they have them, but the box was still on the shelf next to the hanging endcap. So, like any rational adult, I proceeded to pull all of them off the hanging display, stuff them in the box, and take it all up to the front.

Cashier scans one, beep, not in the system... hmm... told her online at lego.com they are $4 each. She says a guy came in earlier and bought 3 for $6 each... WTF. Giving her the stink eye, she calls a manager... waits... waits... manager yells over "oh yeah, i checked and they are $2.79 each"!

:shock:

:shock:

So, 54 minifigs bought! and got to take the box too, because it was all they had.

She gave me a guilt trip that she wasn't getting more for halloween, sure I want to buy them all? Yeah... sure at that price!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

That post and your pm were a great way to start my day today.

Well done!!

If only you could find a bargain on a haunted house to populate with them.

Oh yeah...
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:11 pm

stark I would love your good luck :cry:
QballDS
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Finally found the minifigs. Grabbed 16 and went a pathetic 9/16.

The search continues...
ImageImage
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Commemorative SW brick at TRU this friday apparently...

The brick is a 1x6x5 gray panel featuring a New Order Stormtrooper from Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the words LEGO Star Wars on top. According to the Toys R Us press release, there will also be an exclusive Star Wars poster, while supplies last. Also, the people who are the first few in line for the Force Friday event will be able to get the LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick, a Star Wars poster, and a Star Wars character flashlight.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 pm

Any Force Friday stuff happening at Lego stores?
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:38 pm

thekharmainitiative wrote:Any Force Friday stuff happening at Lego stores?
I didn't see anything on the calendar...

I did notice this year's xmas exclusive though, the holiday train!

ImageImage
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Buddy posted this tonight. It made me lol.

edgar
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:58 am

Looking forward to an animated version^
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
Deadareus
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:17 am

Is this years winter village set a rerelease of the toy shop?!
mushetphoto
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:45 am

Used my VIP points to order wall.e and 8 of the new series. Can't believe I had £60 of points to redeem!

Hopefully they will ship it - it does say in warehouse on the status, so fingers crossed!
chimpun
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:17 am

Deadareus wrote:Is this years winter village set a rerelease of the toy shop?!
Yes, an "updated" version of the toy shop.

Also, heres a link to the brickfan post about the new Force Awakens sets. Pricey!
http://www.thebrickfan.com/two-more-leg ... -revealed/

Also, double VIP points Oct 1-3 (I think, definitely first few days in October). I'll be Slave I'ing it on one of those days!
Last edited by chimpun on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
chimpun
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:29 am

Haven't been around so congrats are in order to Starky on the Haunted House set. I love mine and can't imagine how giddy I'd be scoring one at a garage sale. Glad you have a home for the series 14 set.

Love that Karate Kid scene! Now I want a bunch of those skeleton dudes!

Summer project was building some sort of display case for minifigs. I am tired of 25 to 30 mangoes for one 16-fig case. The Container Store has this tiered display case http://www.containerstore.com/s/multi-l ... lay%20case for $10. I went to the Lego store and got a pick a brick wall of plates, or one could go to bricklink. The quick search I did for black 4x6 plates was about the same as the small container after shipping. Anyway, 15 of those 4x6 plates per box gives you 3 rows of display goodness that also accomodates big figs and weirdos like Doc Oc or Yellow Jacket. We have a lot of Marvel guys. I've made 2 so far and am very happy with how they turned out. They are deep and aren't made for wall mounting, but for the cost, I like them very much. If you look on ebay someone is selling the same thing for about $40 shipped. That's where I started on making my own. So if you have a container store, or if they offer free shipping deals, I would definitely go with these. I'll post some pics of how mine are set up later on. Glad to be back!