Phish Magnaball Egypt Set 15 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:12 pm

Jesus. But some dumbass was going to pay $2.5 k?!?!? I got a bridge to sell them next.
ImageT.K.C.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:22 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
cubbiephan wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:People paying more for these than an atl, hampton, or any of the other classics are complete and utter morons.....Imo of course

i'd have to agree with this.

Seems like this one is on its way to become a classic...
Says the ONLY guy with one listed FS/FT.....not even close to classic.
LOL
layla1234
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:56 pm

The hype train is on, and these prices are going up, up, up....
Dalek
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 pm

Look at the detail in the Great Went Robot, UIC 98, Atl 99, Gorge 99 prints done by Pollock (I'm sure all of you have). These prints were a result of painstaking efforts to put in the most minute details in a process that makes details difficult. Worth the 1.5-4k? Absolutely. This hieroglyph print has barely any of that Jim Pollock detail that made him so famous..I hate to say it but this looks very rushed with no precision at all. A far, far step from even the Hampton 09, BGCA 14, Hartford 13 or even the official print done for Magnaball. "Instant classic?" Hardly.
applehead
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:40 pm

layla1234 wrote:The hype train is on, and these prices are going up, up, up....
you sound like a seller
Dalek wrote:Look at the detail in the Great Went Robot, UIC 98, Atl 99, Gorge 99 prints done by Pollock (I'm sure all of you have). These prints were a result of painstaking efforts to put in the most minute details in a process that makes details difficult. Worth the 1.5-4k? Absolutely. This hieroglyph print has barely any of that Jim Pollock detail that made him so famous..I hate to say it but this looks very rushed with no precision at all. A far, far step from even the Hampton 09, BGCA 14, Hartford 13 or even the official print done for Magnaball. "Instant classic?" Hardly.
couldnt have said that better myself.
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:37 am

These prints are all about the golden ratio (Phish). The Magnaball dice form the Fibonacci sequence. Pollock wants you look a little closer and see beyond the surface with these works.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:19 am

How does the official Magnaball print fit into the equation. Kind of hard to look beyond all the text on the official one. looks like 50-60% text/font. does nothing for me. im old school when it comes to my Phish prints, and all due respect to Jim, just not my bag these days.

hope that sale isn't counted on here. seller has 0 feedback as seller. bid history clearly schilled up. possibly unrelated, maybe so and maybe not, but now theres a set up for 2499.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:10 am

Woah...
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:16 am

sooooo many possibly suspect ebay sales are recorded all the time on EB. funny to see people policing this so hard for some reason. just a simple observation.

"it was signed to someone... doesn't count"
"zero feedback buyer.... doesn't count"
james007

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:05 am

The butthurt is strong with these, really pathetic to read some of the comments, people are pissed because they're going for a G plus. These prints have all the makings of a high dollar Pollock, and rightly so, they are amazing in person, Jim created some truly special art for us to enjoy
uenjoymyself
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:16 am

james007 wrote:The butthurt is strong with these, really pathetic to read some of the comments, people are pissed because they're going for a G plus. These prints have all the makings of a high dollar Pollock, and rightly so, they are amazing in person, Jim created some truly special art for us to enjoy
I agree with Dalek's explanation of special art from JP...
Dalek wrote:Look at the detail in the Great Went Robot, UIC 98, Atl 99, Gorge 99 prints done by Pollock (I'm sure all of you have). These prints were a result of painstaking efforts to put in the most minute details in a process that makes details difficult. Worth the 1.5-4k? Absolutely. This hieroglyph print has barely any of that Jim Pollock detail that made him so famous..I hate to say it but this looks very rushed with no precision at all. A far, far step from even the Hampton 09, BGCA 14, Hartford 13 or even the official print done for Magnaball. "Instant classic?" Hardly.
Astron is the only one I think he left off that I would put on that list.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 am

james007 wrote:The butthurt is strong with these, really pathetic to read some of the comments, people are pissed because they're going for a G plus. These prints have all the makings of a high dollar Pollock, and rightly so, they are amazing in person, Jim created some truly special art for us to enjoy
I wasn't there so I have no dog in the fight, but this is the most mind blowing poster I have ever seen fetch high dollars since I have been collecting posters (only about 5 years). I just don't get it at all, but hats off to those selling it.... Struck it rich fo sho since people are shelling out!
unbroken1
Art Expert

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:29 am

This poster was hand pulled, printed entirely on site and has a run half of the size of the magnaball set and gets no love :roll:

I guess the phish phactor is mighty strong but in my opinion the 10klf blows the magnaball print out of the water.

And yes I do have one for trade so feel free to call me out for hyping it up, but the fact is it deserves more love.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:32 am

^ that would be worth $900 if it was a Phish print. Pretty sweet looking.
DeliStyle
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:48 am

Wait until it comes in the mail to these folks . It's a nice print in person, even at the time of being #102 in line still didn't make me want to throw hundreds at someone for it. For 2.5k I would buy Atlanta 99, Rosemont, and feel just as satisfied if I never got those prints.