Phish Magnaball Egypt Set 15 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:00 pm

I like this set. :shock:
Same fudge, different drop.
blastoplast
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 pm

I find these pretty ugly. The idea is cool, but the execution is so wide of mark it has landed on Mars. The only thing this has going for it is the low run, that's it. Custies will try to defend the high prices, but suckers are born every minute. And some suckers apparently like sucking on fudge.
thinkingman08
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:29 pm

So only 100 of these were released at the festival and the remaining 150 are supposed to be released at some point in the future or what's the deal? Either way, these prices Image
FroDawg
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:32 pm

blastoplast wrote:I find these pretty ugly. The idea is cool, but the execution is so wide of mark it has landed on Mars. The only thing this has going for it is the low run, that's it. Custies will try to defend the high prices, but suckers are born every minute. And some suckers apparently like sucking on fudge.
imagine what would they be worth if they were pretty!
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
DeliStyle
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 pm

You almost need to release the other 150 to bring the price down to the realistic value of $10 :) . I wonder if it will happen for NYE as a waterwheel benefit like they did two years ago, just not related to WW.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:40 pm

Some people think they're pretty.
Some think they're ugly.
Some just publicly say they're ugly, for whatever reason.

To each his/her own.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Dalek
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:27 pm

I like most of Pollocks stuff, hell I think the BGCA, Hartford 13, and even magnaball official are some of his finest work since 09, but I just can't get behind this one. It blows my mind that they're going for this much. I'd have guessed maybe 400 for the pair. I'd rather spend my money on some 1.0s of his that are printed on better paper and have WAY more detail.
layla1234
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:29 pm

I like the set personally, call me crazy.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:31 pm

layla1234 wrote:I like the set personally, call me crazy.

How much do you like it though? $100, $200, $500, $900?
ImageT.K.C.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:37 pm

Wonder how many were actually distributed so far?

Not my cup of tea, but I wasnt at the festival either. I'd love to see one in person sometime though.

I've been pretty underwhelmed in almost everything official that Phish has released the last few years. The lost artists seem to have stepped it up while the Merch guys just seem like they are phoning it in
mnphish
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:44 pm

Was lucky enough to get this set from Jim at Magnaball. I was also interviewed for a Pollock documentary, so hopefully that gets released.

Just dropped these off at my local framer. I have 40+ prints and these are the first I'm getting professionally done. I decided to frame them both together with a metallic gold matte and a black frame (with a gold inner border). I really hope they turn out nice. I will post a picture in a week or so. Usually am skeptical about framing multiple prints together but I thought this set would benefit. I considered doing a double matte with a purple border on the left print and a yellow border on the right print - paired with a red background, but could not get it to work. The red does not quite match on both prints. Also got my festival 8 colored pollock framed today. This hobby is too expensive. Almost $500 for just the Egyptian set w/ Museum glass.
mnphish
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:57 pm

P.s. There were only 100 sets sold at the festival. My guess is 50 were saved for the band/family/friends, while 100 have the possibility of being released on a later occasion - perhaps at pollockprints.com

They were sold on Friday 8/20 at the festival but there was speculation 100 would be dropped on Saturday which did not happen. I popped into his temporary studio on Saturday and snapped this photo:Image

Clearly these prints were not finished. When I talked to Jim on Friday he said they were printed at his studio in Chicago and transported to Watkins. I poked around his studio at the fest and saw he had drying racks and everything - so the 2nd 'batch' was printed at the festival.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:40 pm

he looks like he's saying, duuuuuuude
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:41 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:he looks like he's saying, duuuuuuude

That dude always looks so burnt to me. Almost struggs all the time.
ImageT.K.C.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 pm

Something tells me that the winning bidder with zero feedback is not going to pay up.

shill.png
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.