Give Us an Art Tour of Your Place

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:01 pm

Here is an art tour of the master bedroom.

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:07 am

What are we looking at? Other than a buncha fudge not on EB.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tehhippy
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:11 am

Codeblue wrote:What are we looking at? Other than a buncha fudge not on EB.
The stuff on the wall with the stair step cabinet is all by Ben Kehoe (I think).
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:41 am

tehhippy wrote:
Codeblue wrote:What are we looking at? Other than a buncha fudge not on EB.
The stuff on the wall with the stair step cabinet is all by Ben Kehoe (I think).
The stuff above the cabinet is all Ben Kehoe. The woodblock with the tea pot in the picture is by Kawase Hasui. The matching paintings framed in gold are by Johnny Lung and were purchased at the Old Town Art Fair in Chicago. The large painting above the red cabinet is by Stefan Duncan who is a local artist. The woodblock above the door frame is by Nasaburo Ito. The one above the headboard is a framed Japanese cloth. Andre Hendrix is by Fairey. The rest of the stuff was just picked up through the years and I can't remember the artists.

Yes Blue, a bunch of fudge not on EB. There is a great big world outside of EB...though your 40k posts might suggest otherwise. :P
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ceevee
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 am

Very nice. That's all hung in your master bedroom? I'm looking forward to seeing what's up in the rest of your home!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:16 am

ceevee wrote:Very nice. That's all hung in your master bedroom? I'm looking forward to seeing what's up in the rest of your home!
Thanks ceevee. Everything above is in the master bedroom. I will do the upstairs hallway and kid's rooms next. If boxes/banks can be considered art I will post a few pics of my collection of those as well.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Really liking that Stefan Duncan piece.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:38 pm

jjttdw wrote:
ceevee wrote:Very nice. That's all hung in your master bedroom? I'm looking forward to seeing what's up in the rest of your home!
Thanks ceevee. Everything above is in the master bedroom. I will do the upstairs hallway and kid's rooms next. If boxes/banks can be considered art I will post a few pics of my collection of those as well.
Where da fuq is all the obey? :P

Love love that Hasui
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
treweman
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:42 pm

ToonKiller wrote:Really liking that Stefan Duncan piece.
Really stood out for me as well.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:07 pm

treweman wrote:
ToonKiller wrote:Really liking that Stefan Duncan piece.
Really stood out for me as well.

I have a few more hanging in the house.

Here is the rest of the second floor:

Hallway:

Obey

Sasha Bassari

Stefan Duncan

Stainless Steel Boxes by Stanley Szwarc

Artist in the middle is Duy Huynh

Daughter's Room:

Guillame Azoulay

Stefan Duncan

Obey

Local artist Laura Hannon

Forgot the name of this artist

A creepy Bassari print on canvas

Boy's rooms

Obey

Title "old Bones"...forgot the artist

Sericel

Forgot the artist...it is cool though...layered pieces of canvas

An amusing pick up and an art fair

63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:16 pm

This thread is making me want to finish off hanging fudge up sooner rather than later.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Makes me realize I should've invested in framing more before getting a flat file.

Like that Sasha Bassari piece too and the Obeys look great. So where's the Flight print? Haven't framed yours either?

I have a couple boxes myself...
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:35 pm

ToonKiller wrote:Makes me realize I should've invested in framing more before getting a flat file.

Like that Sasha Bassari piece too and the Obeys look great. So where's the Flight print? Haven't framed yours either?

I have a couple boxes myself...
I am going to use the same frame and mats that are currently holding my Laws of Physics prints from 1997. Maybe I will take that to the framer to have the print removed this weekend. The dude said he used rice paper hinges so it better not have the back jacked up or someone can expect a stone through their window.

Buy yourself a frame and a mat then stop on by and we will frame that fudge up. I have a couple pieces of non glare UV glass left and all the rest of the framing supplies.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:02 pm

I'm going to take you up on that eventually. Could've done it last week, I was up that way with the wife giving out book bags & school supplies to the kids at the apts.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:45 pm

CYW dark orange...

No Ball Games green...

Jeff Gillette 'Southern California 2' and untitled shack...