The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
battleroyale
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 am

battleroyale wrote:Yeah it stays on the classic site then will always switch to a mobile version when I try to get to open case
I managed to do through the mobile app,not the easiest thing to find
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:50 pm

figured id throw this here.. looks to be a fun new feature via PayPal. Sperry just posted about it. Causing some issues by holding funds.
Chuck Sperry wrote:Paypal has introduced another bug in the system.
In the future, ANY TIME you communicate with me through Paypal - they will “Hold Your Funds” from me.
See, you think you are just sending me a message, but you are really withholding your payment. And it becomes a "claim." Sucks right?
I may have to refund your purchase to clear the "claim" and I certainly don't want to do that!
It’s sort of the poster equivalent of declaring War. It’s probably not what you intended.
if you are looking at the payment details in PayPal, "Contact seller through PayPal" is located at the bottom of the transaction.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:30 am

1) sale on 8/12 to INTL buyer (100% feedback)
2) unpaid item case opened on 8/15
3) "leave feedback" options are ( ) positive ( ) report buyer ( ) leave feedback later

i closed the case & will receive my fee credit, but why can't i leave negative feedback?
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:45 am

soupysound wrote:1) sale on 8/12 to INTL buyer (100% feedback)
2) unpaid item case opened on 8/15
3) "leave feedback" options are ( ) positive ( ) report buyer ( ) leave feedback later

i closed the case & will receive my fee credit, but why can't i leave negative feedback?

He either pays or after a set # of days, you get a final value fee back. Sellers have not been able to leave negative feedback for years.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:39 am

halftonegraphics wrote:figured id throw this here.. looks to be a fun new feature via PayPal. Sperry just posted about it. Causing some issues by holding funds.
Chuck Sperry wrote:Paypal has introduced another bug in the system.
In the future, ANY TIME you communicate with me through Paypal - they will “Hold Your Funds” from me.
See, you think you are just sending me a message, but you are really withholding your payment. And it becomes a "claim." Sucks right?
I may have to refund your purchase to clear the "claim" and I certainly don't want to do that!
It’s sort of the poster equivalent of declaring War. It’s probably not what you intended.
if you are looking at the payment details in PayPal, "Contact seller through PayPal" is located at the bottom of the transaction.
:oops:
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:51 am

soupysound wrote: i closed the case & will receive my fee credit, but why can't i leave negative feedback?
Because you're a seller and drymount SELLERS! :P
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:04 pm

In what other corporate selling arena can sellers leave feedback for buyers?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
therivler1
Art Expert

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:43 pm

I sold an expensive item, and buyer wants me to split the invoice into two. Any way to do this through ebay, or have to get the email and send directly from paypal?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:38 pm

splitting a payment voids all buyer/seller protection. $.02.

tell them to sign up for paypal credit or pay you in full. or dont buy fudge they cant afford.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:43 am

Codeblue wrote:In what other corporate selling arena can sellers leave feedback for buyers?
well..... ebay lets you leave positive feedback for buyers. what is the point if you aren't allowed to leave negative?
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 am

halftonegraphics wrote:splitting a payment voids all buyer/seller protection. $.02.

tell them to sign up for paypal credit or pay you in full. or dont buy fudge they cant afford.
poors.
therivler1
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:03 am

halftonegraphics wrote:splitting a payment voids all buyer/seller protection. $.02.

she did pay in full. I think she just wanted to put it on two different credit cards and couldnt split the payment.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:28 pm

please call ( Victor cell *redacted*) or visit www*redacted*.com could re print or reproduce this poster or (any other poster )screen print same paper minimum 100 pcs. for approx: $98.00 ea. Total $9.800.00
Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Well, the previous version of the eBay app (current as of this past weekend) worked very well, was intuitive to use, and rarely if ever crashed....

... so of course, they go and completely overhaul it :hanging: Jesus.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:27 pm

RiotAct wrote:Well, the previous version of the eBay app (current as of this past weekend) worked very well, was intuitive to use, and rarely if ever crashed....

... so of course, they go and completely overhaul it :hanging: Jesus.
Just updated. They should have just left it alone. This overhaul is dogshit
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.