Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:28 pm

profbobo wrote:We doing this? We doing this!

Something to aspire to.

That being said, I mean, eventually you'll have to drink all of that. Even the stuff you're supposed to age will eventually fall off. I'd be worried about letting stuff go too long. I go on little mini sprees, and then drink down the supply gradually over time, then replenish.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:31 pm

for any New Englanders, or folks who want to take a nice road trip
http://hillfarmstead.com/main/2015/8/17 ... ation.html
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:37 pm

jlabbate wrote:for any New Englanders, or folks who want to take a nice road trip
http://hillfarmstead.com/main/2015/8/17 ... ation.html
I want to try a bottle of this :drool:
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:59 pm

I bet there is going to be a lot of butt hurt from out-of-state folks who enter the lottery. NON-TRANSFERABLE.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:33 am

Nitro Wake Up Dead = Good.
taylorph
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:13 am

Wake up dead exceeded my expectations. Wasn't on nitro but fresh off the tap from the brewery :pint:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:58 am

jjbehren wrote:
profbobo wrote:We doing this? We doing this!

Something to aspire to.

That being said, I mean, eventually you'll have to drink all of that. Even the stuff you're supposed to age will eventually fall off. I'd be worried about letting stuff go too long. I go on little mini sprees, and then drink down the supply gradually over time, then replenish.
We moved relatively recently to a house with much more space, so I could unpack all the cases of beer I'd been hoarding in our old basement. Definitely shocked us. Kinda hard to get our drink on the way we used to with a kiddo, two jobs that don't really work out schedule wise etc. I agree with you, though.
ImageImage
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:00 am

fspadafora wrote:
profbobo wrote:Heady is so good, but that beer falls off like none I've ever seen. I think about three weeks is its limit, which makes it very difficult to gauge unless you have a reliable beer buddy since they don't date their cans.

Speaking of, I had to drainpour six bottles of from-the-brewery Alpine beers because they're all malt and no hop at this point :(
Do you refrigerate your IPAs? Many times I have compared head to head a 3-4 month old Heady vs brand new Heady. Both purchased myself and kept refrigerated the entire time. And outside of the nose, the drop off in taste is minimal. I have also compared it to a Heady that was left at room temperature for a few weeks, that one no longer resembled an IPA.
I sit on IPAs very long. The Alpines I had to pour were shipped late, then lost in fedex hell for almost a month. As far as Heady goes, every time I get it, it doesn't stay around very often, but I've seen that beer fall off pretty readily even refrigerated, at least to my taste. Whatever happens before it gets to me is questionable, but pales get tossed in the fridge as soon as they land around my house!
ImageImage
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:28 am

Stuff I have for trades. We don't get a whole lot up here but maybe some may be of interest.

Im interested in stouts, sours, possibly IPA's. Would love some sours mostly.

I have multiples of some of them.

Thanks

kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:13 pm

chalkdust wrote:as long as it's refrigerated, I think Heady is good for at least a few months..
I agree.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
greg6906
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:05 pm

My Binny's got six cases of Todd today :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
greg6906
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:20 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
chalkdust wrote:as long as it's refrigerated, I think Heady is good for at least a few months..
I agree.
A lot longer than a few months. Heady holds up veddy veddy well.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Anyone want to send me some beer? :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
seeker1115
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Hey guys,

I just recently moved to LA from Austin. I've got a few bottles of Jester King stuff that I'm looking to trade for some California stuff. I like sours and wits. Not a big fan of hops. Any recommendations of stuff I should try to find and bars/breweries I should go to in Los Angeles?

Thanks!
Woodyland is a kitten
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:59 pm

seeker1115 wrote:Hey guys,

I just recently moved to LA from Austin. I've got a few bottles of Jester King stuff that I'm looking to trade for some California stuff. I like sours and wits. Not a big fan of hops. Any recommendations of stuff I should try to find and bars/breweries I should go to in Los Angeles?

Thanks!
The LA brewing scene is just starting to take off (strange that it took so long). There are a lot of breweries down in Torrance. My favorite so far is Phantom Carriage which specializes in sours. They have a pretty good cafe in the brewery and a nice selection of brews.
T.H.C.