All things Spotlight Displays

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:07 am

Guys your posters look Awesome!!! Haven't been getting my sub. updates and just came on here to repost the 10% off code because there are a few people who were having a problem with it. I noticed that one of the codes had a space. So here are all three for EB.......... BEANS, EXPRESSO BEANS, and EXPRESSOBEANS

Thanks to you all for your business, it means a lot!!!!!!!
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:30 pm

allyouzombies wrote:Has anyone ordered these in a color other than black or white? Curious to see what the others look like.
I'm bumping this question. I was about to place an order on white frames last night before I realized that the paper isn't white and I didn't like the way it was going to look. Does anyone have pictures of any of the other colors?
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:41 pm

I just ordered a couple red ones and a champagne over the weekend- I'll post back when they arrive.
ffactoryxx
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:11 am

johndv wrote:Anyone with experience using these frames, how solid are the overlays? Specifically from the standpoint of protecting the artwork from someone who might touch the overlay or accidentally bump against it. Obviously a piece of glass or plexi is very solid, you can tap your finger against it with no fear of impacting the art behind the glass. Can the same be said for the overlays with these frames?
Can anyone answer this? Also any issues having prints stick to the overlay like it can with glass
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:17 am

ffactoryxx wrote:
johndv wrote:Anyone with experience using these frames, how solid are the overlays? Specifically from the standpoint of protecting the artwork from someone who might touch the overlay or accidentally bump against it. Obviously a piece of glass or plexi is very solid, you can tap your finger against it with no fear of impacting the art behind the glass. Can the same be said for the overlays with these frames?
Can anyone answer this? Also any issues having prints stick to the overlay like it can with glass
It won't protect it as much as glass, but it would certainly take a good wallop to do real true damage to the print, at least IMO. Tapping your finger against the overlay won't damage the print.
I haven't had any issues with the print sticking to the overlay but it has only been a few months at this point.
Luisrobinson
New User

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:44 am

All the posters are looking great and are going with the interior of the house. I also have some signed posters but never put them up on display. After looking at all the great pics of posters, I have also decided to frame my posters.

I was looking for frames at websites like http://www.arttoframe.com/24x36_picture_frames/1 and http://www.aaronbrothers.com/products/poster-frames but I m confused about mating. I have a poster of size 20*30, so should I go for mating or not?
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:23 pm

^ You're in the Spotlight Displays thread, so I'd say forget the damn mats, and pick up some Spotlight Displays frames. :pint:

We could croak any day, so just enjoy these while you can. I just swapped my prints for the week. :)

wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:37 pm

^ That lineup is great...terrific colors going across.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
ffactoryxx wrote:
It won't protect it as much as glass, but it would certainly take a good wallop to do real true damage to the print, at least IMO. Tapping your finger against the overlay won't damage the print.
I haven't had any issues with the print sticking to the overlay but it has only been a few months at this point.
I disagree, I think it protects better than glass. Glass can break/shatter and thus ruin a print. These are a plexi and cannot break if dropped, etc.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:01 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:^ That lineup is great...terrific colors going across.
Thanks! Was definitely going for the colors (and the theme, of course). :pint:
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:10 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:
ffactoryxx wrote:
I disagree, I think it protects better than glass. Glass can break/shatter and thus ruin a print. These are a plexi and cannot break if dropped, etc.
You're probably right- it certainly wasn't a knock against the frames. I was thinking in terms of if someone, for whatever reason, fell or slipped and put their hands into one of these. But yeah could break glass that way too.
glenn1
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:01 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:If you are concerned about GID, I would get a UV torch and charge your prints up. I suspect they should glow fine after that, but cannot be sure.
Tried out the glow tonight doing just that. I flashed the poster for a few seconds with a small UV flashlight and it looked great.

bulkhead72
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Sweet.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:37 pm

I finally put in a frame order and they came today. These things are great! I can't wait to order more.
Mapman
Art Expert

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:37 am

Just placed my first order, looking forward to getting these!