Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Ansin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:28 pm

applehead wrote:I'm curious if these have shipped. Anyone get theirs or get shipping notice?
I just got my Black Stallion shipping confirm this morning.

I have heard nothing regarding the SDCC online releases - Escape From New York or Avengers: Age of Ultron - yet.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
suchacyn
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:14 am

applehead wrote:I'm curious if these have shipped. Anyone get theirs or get shipping notice?

Also, anyone know if they combine shipping for multiple orders from different weeks?
Haven't gotten my shipping notice yet, but yes I've combined orders from different weeks a few times, no problem.
However, I've been told that if you combine a new order with a past order, the combined shipment goes to the back of the line. So it could take a long time to ship if you keep combining.
applehead
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:54 am

suchacyn wrote:

Also, anyone know if they combine shipping for multiple orders from different weeks?
Haven't gotten my shipping notice yet, but yes I've combined orders from different weeks a few times, no problem.
However, I've been told that if you combine a new order with a past order, the combined shipment goes to the back of the line. So it could take a long time to ship if you keep combining.
sweet thx for the info. not concerned about the wait but appreciate you letting me know that.
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:29 am

bulkhead72 wrote:The "issue" with translating movies like Age of Ultron to a poster is that all main characters (including the villain) have to be represented (fairly evenly), and there are a lot of them. As a result, the poster will inevitably be crowded. Given that these movies contain a high level of action, said characters have to be dynamic as well. There's only so much you can do with a superhero (especially Avengers) film poster - Ansin did the best he could do.

I think this is as good as it can get for an Avengers print. Had this dropped to coincide with the release of the film (print was delayed due to likeness reasons), I am sure people would be much more excited about it.

Not fair to compare this with Taxi Driver, for instance, which has a completely different mood (and hence, different considerations on the part of the artist) and just one main character.
Check out the Manev Ultron print. All characters, simple, not overcrowded.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:26 am

The Manev has silhouettes of all the characters. You know Mondo fans like actor likenesses. If you want to show likenesses, the characters often have to be larger, which leads to a more "crowded" print.

The Ansin is executed well for what it is. It's just the timing of the release (delayed due to likeness rights) that has resulted in a lukewarm response.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:37 am

bulkhead72 wrote:The Ansin is executed well for what it is. It's just the timing of the release (delayed due to likeness rights) that has resulted in a lukewarm response.
It'll just take folks seeing it in person once the regs get out there. The variant is drymounting awesome and I think the reg looks to be even better. :pint:
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:33 pm

^ I agree. I think the brighter reg will edge out, but let's see how they compare in person.
suchacyn
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:44 pm

APs going up tomorrow:
AP edition of 55, and will cost $75.
The variant has an edition of 45 and will cost $90.
These go up tomorrow (Friday, August 28th) at 2pm Central Time. Visit Postersandtoys.com.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:47 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:^ I agree. I think the brighter reg will edge out, but let's see how they compare in person.
I received my regular today and I have to say, this print needs more love. I've not seen the variant in person, but I don't see how it's more monochromatic color scheme can beat out the regular.

Lovely print, likenesses are well done and the subdued colors (not vibrant like the Stout Avengers) along with metallic ink really makes this a beautiful print. Definitely a keeper!
THC x 3
Brian2013
Art Expert

Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:16 am

by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:34 am

Very nice! I just got mine in and it looks great in person.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Looks amazing
woodyland
Art Expert

Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:01 pm

These look very nice. I need a set
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
Rrees10217

Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:00 am

rfalk32 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:52 pm
I think we all honestly know this is an average avengers print it just so happens to be released by Mondo and an artist people know. IF this was in the GreyMatter marvel line it would still be for sale weeks later.
I'm trying to figure out what that red ball / orb is just below Ultron's hand. I've seen the movie several times, but cannot place the object. Do you have any idea what the red orb is?
Rrees10217

Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:07 am

wonkabars7 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:40 am
63schoeffling wrote:
mattkardish wrote:just doesn't seem like the same dude who did Taxi Driver, Phantom of the Opera, Bride of Frankenstein just to name a few.
This is also a superhero movie.... Not a cinematic masterpiece. :P
It has to be a masterpiece to = a good print..?
I'm glad you responded to that nonsensical, illogical comment from 63schoeffling. Scary thing is he probably votes.