Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Ansin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bikewrecked
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:29 pm

rfalk32 wrote:I think we all honestly know this is an average avengers print it just so happens to be released by Mondo and an artist people know. IF this was in the GreyMatter marvel line it would still be for sale weeks later.
Agreed. This is going on name value alone. It makes me wonder, perhaps Mondo doesn't spend as much time on projects like this knowing that since its "Marvel" that it will sell out immediately no matter what.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:33 pm

bikewrecked wrote:
rfalk32 wrote:I think we all honestly know this is an average avengers print it just so happens to be released by Mondo and an artist people know. IF this was in the GreyMatter marvel line it would still be for sale weeks later.
Agreed. This is going on name value alone. It makes me wonder, perhaps Mondo doesn't spend as much time on projects like this knowing that since its "Marvel" that it will sell out immediately no matter what.
I certainly think there are times when an artist will mail it in for Mondo releases because they know it will sell out, but I don't think the company would give it the OK or if someone keeps putting out chitty prints they will get less shots with Mondo.

I mean this is the best Ultron print so far.
Last edited by 63schoeffling on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:50 pm

bikewrecked wrote:
Saying it's going just on name value is a bit dismissive of the fact that Ansin's pretty good. Folks on here may not think it's as good as Ansin's other work, but to me there's a level of polish that his work has that makes me think yeah, of course this would sell out. Even if it's just on "name value" it's not like HCG had a hard time selling out a lot of their Avengers prints either (outside of the ones they weren't even allowed to officially drop).
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:52 am

I came across these nice details on an eBay listing. After seeing these photos I think it's a pretty drymounting great print...

wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:40 am

63schoeffling wrote:
mattkardish wrote:just doesn't seem like the same dude who did Taxi Driver, Phantom of the Opera, Bride of Frankenstein just to name a few.
This is also a superhero movie.... Not a cinematic masterpiece. :P
It has to be a masterpiece to = a good print..?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:07 am

It looks like the variant color scheme would match nicely with his Thor.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:25 am

wonkabars7 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
mattkardish wrote:just doesn't seem like the same dude who did Taxi Driver, Phantom of the Opera, Bride of Frankenstein just to name a few.
This is also a superhero movie.... Not a cinematic masterpiece. :P
It has to be a masterpiece to = a good print..?
No hat wasn't my point. After re-reading I guess I chose the wrong phrasing. I just mean that this is a super fun print (as well as awesome) which is exactly what the movie (and any summer blockbuster) is. Compared to Oscar winning movies which are open to a higher level of scrutiny (and typically the posters that go along with them).

And if that doesn't make sense, it's probably because I'm very, very hungover. But my point is that this is Ansin's summer blockbuster. A sweet print with a bunch of awesome characters on it that I can enjoy looking at without having to get too deep.
Last edited by 63schoeffling on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:29 am

stuarthimsley wrote:I came across these nice details on an eBay listing. After seeing these photos I think it's a pretty drymounting great print...
Thanks for posting these. They do look great!
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 am

Print looks gorgeous. But with that said, Regular > Variant for sure.
matowest
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:38 am

MJGallicchio wrote:Thanks for posting these. They do look great!
Jacobsdad
Art Enthusiast

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:04 am

Has anyone received there's from the online drop yet?
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:56 am

Jacobsdad wrote:Has anyone received there's from the online drop yet?
why? your buyer asking for it?
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:29 pm

The "issue" with translating movies like Age of Ultron to a poster is that all main characters (including the villain) have to be represented (fairly evenly), and there are a lot of them. As a result, the poster will inevitably be crowded. Given that these movies contain a high level of action, said characters have to be dynamic as well. There's only so much you can do with a superhero (especially Avengers) film poster - Ansin did the best he could do.

I think this is as good as it can get for an Avengers print. Had this dropped to coincide with the release of the film (print was delayed due to likeness reasons), I am sure people would be much more excited about it.

Not fair to compare this with Taxi Driver, for instance, which has a completely different mood (and hence, different considerations on the part of the artist) and just one main character.
Jacobsdad
Art Enthusiast

Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:53 pm

liptonsweettea wrote:
Jacobsdad wrote:Has anyone received there's from the online drop yet?
why? your buyer asking for it?
Never sold it. Thanks for asking though.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm curious if these have shipped. Anyone get theirs or get shipping notice?

Also, anyone know if they combine shipping for multiple orders from different weeks?