Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:29 pm

please be the variant
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:33 pm

The blue in the KT ruins it for me. Doesn't give me that post-apocalyptic vibe at all.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
jlewis6159
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:47 pm

I like the KT but I feel like it should be the bottom third of a poster, not the whole thing.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:24 pm

I don't know why people aren't digging the blue. There's a ton of wide open blue sky in the film

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:29 pm

I really like the blue. Just because society's gone to fudge doesn't mean it can't be a lovely day. Witness!
So it goes...
blackbird68
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:41 pm

I really like the Taylor. Haven't seen the movie yet but it sorta makes me want to see it.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:45 pm

blackbird68 wrote:I really like the Taylor. Haven't seen the movie yet but it sorta makes me want to see it.
You won't regret it. I was kinda down on the idea of the film when they first announced it. Like, what's the point? But damn they did a great job on it, and i really enjoyed it.
So it goes...
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:30 am

Love the Taylor but I am slightly disappointed that he is using a familiar title font. This, Children of Men, Fight Club and even the new Mondocon logo have the same treatment. The poster is killer and the title treatment does fit even if I am getting a little tired of it. Keep up the killer artwork Ken!
Just a dude collecting paper
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:33 am

Taylor's gig prints have been much better than his movie prints. No Country is OK, but I don't think I've really liked a Taylor movie print since Metropolis.
playa787
Art Expert

Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:23 am

bulkhead72 wrote:Taylor's gig prints have been much better than his movie prints. No Country is OK, but I don't think I've really liked a Taylor movie print since Metropolis.
Agree his gig poster output is fantastic. Movies' slacking lately. Alice in Wonderland the exception.
"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.
buckbeak
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:31 am

playa787 wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:Taylor's gig prints have been much better than his movie prints. No Country is OK, but I don't think I've really liked a Taylor movie print since Metropolis.
Agree his gig poster output is fantastic. Movies' slacking lately. Alice in Wonderland the exception.
Pacific Rim looks great
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:06 am

jmagee87 wrote:I don't know why people aren't digging the blue. There's a ton of wide open blue sky in the film

Touché. Guess when i think about the movie i just think of a sandstorm and aridness, and so much dirt it almost blots out the blue. Show's how much i know haha, i need to watch it again.

Like Faith said--movie was very well done. I too was skeptical, but was shut up damn quick when i saw it.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:20 am

I agree. His metropolis variant is one of my favorite movie posters that I own. The detail is insane and the layout/illustration is beautifully executed. I do like the NCFOM a lot also. I think my biggest disappointment is his children of men poster. It's one of my favorite movies of all time but the poster is not what the movie deserved. Still one of the most talented artists in the game though
Just a dude collecting paper
Ainshol
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:03 pm

So any chance we'll see a Straight Outta Compton print next week?
ImageImageImage ImageImage
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:50 pm

darkturkish wrote:
I agree. His metropolis variant is one of my favorite movie posters that I own. The detail is insane and the layout/illustration is beautifully executed. I do like the NCFOM a lot also. I think my biggest disappointment is his children of men poster. It's one of my favorite movies of all time but the poster is not what the movie deserved. Still one of the most talented artists in the game though
Children of Men is a hard poster to do.

I love the moment Ken picked because it is one of my favorite endings in all of cinema. It just ends at such a perfect moment of hope after the crushing despair of the previous 90minutes. Most movies would continue the scene and show them going on the boat celebrating, etc.

And the metallics on that print are out of control in person.

But I could see how there is definitely other visual moments to pull from to get a great poster.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!