EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:11 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:
Scottjohnston wrote:Now he will obviously leave you negative feedback (i'm assuming). Is there any way to stop that from happening?
don't think he can if the transaction is cancelled.
If he paid you, he can.
This.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:56 pm

gonzo303 wrote:What is this nut jobs eBay Id? I've forgot but I just wanna make sure he's on my list too.
If he is on your list you will know. Think it is pretty straight forward like electricdave or something like that.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:50 pm

I have had a long, first-hand history with Electric Dave. At one point, I was one of his few defenders on Facebook and tried to be his friend. Big mistake. As I should have predicted, it ultimately burned me in the ass. For those not up for the long version below, the short version is to stay far away from him. I believe that he is mentally ill, deranged and will make any experience you have with him a living hell.

In my time as a collector, I have not met anyone more full of himself, abrasive or hard to deal with than Dave. Add in a healthy portion of bat-fudge crazy to that list and you have someone that you absolutely MUST avoid. The only reason that Dave is relevant in some of the Facebook Groups (he has long been banned from EB for many reasons) is because he has money and buys a ton of great prints on the secondary market. Dave makes it sound like he has a hook up with every artist and from what he posts on Facebook, you might think so. In reality, that is not the case. He has legitimate hookups with a few mid-major artists who have bought into his "museum" story (which is total hogwash) but nothing on the scale that he makes it appear. And he is no drop wizard either. Despite having nothing to do but hover over his computer all day, he still swings and misses on almost every drop. So there is no software bot or something like that in his arsenal. He is also not a member of any of the exclusive groups that I know of where you might get a reserve drop now and then. Just a ton of cash burning a hole in his hippie jeans. I would wager that the vast majority of his acquisitions are from eBay at typical flipper prices - or above. Price is no object to Dave. Which - at first glance - makes him appear to be an attractive buyer. But you have to know what you are getting into with Dave. The lunacy is just not worth it.

On the other hand, Dave's money is as green as anyone's else's. I am sure that if you send him a print that is as-described in your listing that he might just accept it and everything could be fine. He buys a TON of prints on the secondary market. But remember, seller's can't leave negative feedback for buyer's on eBay any more. So feedback won't tell you the whole story. The only recourse a seller has is to report a non-paying buyer. So Dave is clearly paying up. But if there is even the slightest reason to complain about the transaction - something that nobody else would even notice - Dave will make a Mount Everest out of it. Personally, I would not take a negative feedback over this transaction. Dave isn't worth it. My advice would be to complete the transaction, try to get positive feedback from Dave or let the feedback window expire, then block him and never deal with him again. If so, you dodged the bullet. If the transaction does go south, don't fight him. Just refund his money, get your print back and chalk it up as experience. Either way, the end result must be to block him and never deal with him again.

In the end, my non-professional opinion is that this guy is mentally ill. It is actually kind of sad. During the few months that I tried to be his friend, he would often lash out at me for nothing via PM and then go into a four paragraph story about how it was due to his abusive childhood. I actually felt terrible for the guy for a while and listened to his whining and complaining about the world ad nauseam. He truly believes that everyone is jealous of him and is out to get him. A qualified professional could write a book about Dave's narcissism, paranoia and delusion's of grandeur. I have mental illness in my family. Thus, I thought I could deal with the guy and maybe even help him out. I legitimately wanted to. It didn't work. He would be cool to me when he needed my help - like when I helped keep him from getting booted from the Silkscreen Poster Fans & Artists group on Facebook (something I still deeply regret). But then he would watch every post I made - or even liked - and then lash out at me in the public group and then a stream of PMs. And I mean long PMs that you had to scroll through about what an uninformed, useless piece of trash I was. Then - of course - there were the threats that he was going to contact all of his artist buddies and ensure that I could never buy a print again. Of course - these were all hollow threats. But still, I was one of the few guys that tried to be this person's friend! Yet he still treated me that way. Ultimately, Dave's craziness became too much for me and I eventually blocked him on FB. I cannot tell you how much happier, peaceful and joyous my experience on Facebook has been since I did. If you have not already blocked him, I highly suggest that you do. Yes, he has a lot of neat prints to show off. But the craziness that seeing those prints comes with is not worth it. If he has not yet done so, he will attack you for no real reason. You might not know it, but you are in the que.

Sorry for the long post, but I have never spoken openly about my incredibly negative experiences with Dave. I hope that this helps shed some light on him and this situation. I feel bad saying negative things about anyone. But I want to warn unsuspecting folks who - like me - tried to show some kindness to a guy who is obviously very troubled. Take it from me, it will only bring you grief. Dave lives in his own little universe where he is god and you are cow dung. Worst of all, his money allows him to live there with total impunity.

So stay away. Stay far away.
Last edited by downforcemedia on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:52 pm

banned from eb?? where you get this info?
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:53 pm

From several of the Admins that I know on FB. If he has been reinstated, it has been very recent and I did not hear about it.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:56 pm

im sure he has multiple alts but yes it looks like posterman99 is banned

http://forum.expressobeans.com/memberli ... le&u=38425
bmxfreak
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:23 pm

I do know that he sometimes lurks on these boards because he has told me such via a FB pm rant. Pretty much everything downforce said is the same sort of experience I've had with him. I once inquired about a post he had made and he accosted me for not saying hello and asking him how he was, stating that I had no manners.
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:24 pm

thanks for that information downforce. clears up a lot of suspicions.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm just curious where he' gets all his damn money because there's no doubt in my mind that he has a lot of it.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
sidewaysscott
Art God

Cbjornson wrote:I'm just curious where he' gets all his damn money because there's no doubt in my mind that he has a lot of it.
mommy and daddy?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

bigmclargehuge1 wrote:thanks for that information downforce. clears up a lot of suspicions.
No problem brother. I gave it a lot of thought before posting that. But - in the end - I felt it needed to be said. The guy is bad news.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:37 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Cbjornson wrote:I'm just curious where he' gets all his damn money because there's no doubt in my mind that he has a lot of it.
mommy and daddy?
I am inclined to agree with Scott. That's how it feels. But I was never able to confirm that.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Dogs are cheaper then wives.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:39 pm

^^ Ha Ha! Don't get me started about his dog. He actually started and runs an FB group about that breed with like 17,000 members. It is his pride and joy.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:46 pm

The dog or the fb page? :lol:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)