Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Thank you.
just a foil for me today, thanks
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:07 pm

"Does this face look stupid to you?"

- some woman to a friendly minimum wage employee who was trying to help her.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
fredo
Art God

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Dear Nobel Prize Awarders,

I listened to a vegan whine to an immigrant checkout dude about having to pay full price for a sandwich when they didn't want everything that came with it. And I didn't kill anyone!
Please send the medal to me c/o this station.

Meat!
fredo
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:59 pm

ImageT.K.C.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Can ya blame him? Most collectors rub their peen on every print they get these days.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
trarex
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Capture 3.PNG
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Frankenstein!!
smokeycat
Art Expert

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:43 am

gorkie wrote:
smokeycat wrote:
Thalass wrote:
ConstantStruggle wrote:Supposedly they recently announced that the black rhino if officially extinct. Humans are the worst disease.
To be clear, it is only the Western Black rhino that's extinct. The rest of the subspecies are in varying states of endangerment, but doing far better than the white rhino. More info on wikipedia, obviously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_rhinoceros

EDIT: Actually, I was kinda wrong. I just learned that it is specifically the northern white rhino that is now nearly extinct. The southern subspecies is doing ok, and collectively the white rhino is in a better state of affairs than the black rhino.
Did not want to add this to the Horkey thread, and don't know if it has been discussed. But I have much disgust!
I google searched "Corey Knowlton - Texas" . come on Texas I thought you were bigger than this... :hanging:
Don't know how much better off the White Rhino is. According to this cnn article there is only 1 male left in the world and he is being guarded 24 hours a day...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/africa/ke ... ite-rhino/
Not better at all!we lost Nabire, one of just 5 left on the planet. :cry: :!:
ImageImageImage
fredo
Art God

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Worst book review ever?
http://www.notyetread.com/2014/09/revie ... en-lerner/

There's a version of it on goodreads where she incorporates an adam sandler and spongebob gif.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Come on fellow randos. This surprise package is snapping up to be the bet of em all.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 7&t=157039
bryndavies wrote:It's high time I did a giveaway, and the spirit of this giveaway is to pay the goodness that others around here have offered me forward.

It has been said over and over, across many of the different threads/groups/collectors around here, that the almighty dollar too often trumps the spirit of goodness, giving, and helping others. Now I'm not saying that you need to never turn a buck with a sale, trade, or whatever, but if you NEVER help anyone on this site, then stop reading, because this giveaway isn't for you.

This bring me to the rules. There are only two. First, you must be a donating member. Second, post in this thread and mention something that you have done for others around here in the last year (PB, free hookup, giveaway, donation to a cause, etc.), and mention which gift package you are interested in. Avg prize value ~$50

On to the prizes. I will post a link of this thread across various threads that I frequent, and I will tailor my prizes to those threads. Approximate prize values will vary.

The prizes are as follows:

Beer Thread: Alaskan beer package with a heady local brewery glass and other swag.

Welker Thread: Welker handbill(s).

Keyes: Some TS print(s).

Obey: Obey 25 years skate deck (might ask that you help with shipping if it gets too high and stupid).

Random Posts: Something random. Could be cool, could not be. It will be random, however.

Phish thread: Something Phishy

Grateful thread: something deady heady

When entering, please keep a running list of the group of entries within the particular prize package you want. If you drymount that up, you are automatically disqualified. You are allowed to edit you posts, to make them conform with the rules.

Entry period will run until the end of July, at which time I'll choose the winners via random number generator.

Thanks for good times, and please keep the spirit of goodness alive and do someone a solid every now and again.
ImageT.K.C.
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 pm

Stop pimping that fudge dammit. I need the best odds possible.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:53 pm

Did everyone anyone know that mySpace is still around? Apparently it is now - The Best in Music & Culture. All In One Place.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
suchacyn
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:54 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Did everyone anyone know that mySpace is still around? Apparently it is now - The Best in Music & Culture. All In One Place.
I'm constantly amazed that things like that still exist. Same with Aol and Real Networks.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:07 am

Had no idea Digg was still around either.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:23 am

Bryn, that's exactly why I went for the random one. Was hoping my odds would stay at 100%...but hey, at least 25% chance still isnt bad
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.