Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Cragars
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:47 am

Looked around everywhere for Redbud after growler fills stopped. Found one, one can. The last can between 4 stores. :lol:
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Had a few Sweetwater 420's this weekend in ATL. Forgot how good those were. Crisp and refreshing on a hot, 150 degree ATL weekend.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:42 pm

HOLY CRAP!!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :shock: :shock: :shock: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :pint: :pint: :pint: :clap: :clap: :clap:
heard its gonna be EXTREMELY limited distro..NY should be getting some(like a case or two of each..YIKES!)...time to call in those favors w/ my beer store buddies!
kcn0
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:10 pm

bmd1191 wrote:
zkreider wrote:
bmd1191 wrote:So tonight I tried both of my new craft beers I got yesterday:

Grapefruit Sculpin - Tasty brew but had a pretty bitter aftertaste. Starting to think this may just be what ipa's taste like and don't really like them. Other than that it was good.

Breakfast Stout - Wayyyy too sweet for me. It felt like I was drinking chocolate coffee. But I was really amazed how much flavor it packed into it. If you're into those flavors it probably is a real treat.

Overall both were good but i'll be on the lookout for some new ones to try.

Like I said though, i've only ever had the usual water downed beer that is commonplace everywhere, so it was exciting to try new stuff.
So for someone who has only drank waterty beer you made two bold picks at the peak of their respected flavor profiles. IPAs in general will have a "bitter" flavor from the hops. A good stout will have the chocolate/coffee flavor from the toasted malt. That sweetness often occurs in higher alcohol content beers as there is mores sugar needed to achieve the higher ABV. I would suggest going to a great draft house near you and spending some time sampling a wide variety of beers to see which style agrees with your tastes. Beer flights area an amazing way to learn your palette.
I agree with you. I was just thinking maybe I dove in too quick and picked two beers really out of my league according to my developed beer palate. I saw both were highly praised, so that's why I chose them. Anyway yeah, i'm going to keep trying different types of craft brews and brands and find some I really enjoy. Maybe find some lighter stuff to ease into at first before going for all the heavy hitters lol.
Grapefruit Sculpin is a fair IPA. You should really try an IPA which gains its fruit flavors from the hops... not by addition of fruit. My favorite IPAs usually have a large amount of late addition hops and/or dry hopping, which should be consumed as fresh as possible. I normally brew the IPAs that I drink due to snobishness, freshness, and availability, but a few go-to enjoyments (when available for me) include Todd the Axeman, Yellow Rose, Heady Topper, and Enjoy By.

Founder Breakfast Stout has additions of coco, which is on top of the flavors from the chocolate malt, so I can understand the sweetness you are referring to. You should try Deschutes Black Butte Porter, which is a mainstream beer and quite tasty. The main difference between a porter and a stout is the % of water and/or ABV. A few good porters help transition you pallet into a stout craving machine.

Good luck on the search of finding your favorite beer! Beer is not like posters in which the label and the hype define how good it is... sometimes ready available, or local, brews are significantly better than the hyped select. Plus, I've found that my tastes have changed over time, so I continually search out new beers.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:19 pm

thankfully, i know our distributor for eviltwin. hopefully it will land me a bottle.
jlabbate wrote:Image

HOLY CRAP!!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :shock: :shock: :shock: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :pint: :pint: :pint: :clap: :clap: :clap:
heard its gonna be EXTREMELY limited distro..NY should be getting some(like a case or two of each..YIKES!)...time to call in those favors w/ my beer store buddies!
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:17 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:thankfully, i know our distributor for eviltwin. hopefully it will land me a bottle.

HOLY CRAP!!
Might be time for a msp bottleshare. I've never had a ba evil twin stout
natepachl
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:17 pm

^^this^^
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:22 pm

:wink:
halftonegraphics wrote:thankfully, i know our distributor for eviltwin. hopefully it will land me a bottle case.

HOLY CRAP!!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
zamboni332
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:53 pm

OK... I've been hoarding a 5-gal Keg of 2013 BCBS, still untapped. Yes been stored in a kegerator. At a 41 degrees

Anyone wanna make some beer for Print trades, just wanted to test the waters. I know that obviously shipping is an issue being in Colorado but maybe we figure some

Let me know
ISO: IAN MILLARD
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:52 pm

zamboni332 wrote:5-gal Keg of 2013 BCBS
:drool: :drool: :drool:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:26 pm

zamboni332 wrote:OK... I've been hoarding a 5-gal Keg of 2013 BCBS...
:jawdropper:
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:50 pm

if any Cali peeps can help me out with these(either by Trade or $$$), I'd be forever grateful!
stone.jpg
2015_XocovexaAnejo_500ml_final.jpg
Gigantico
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Oh wow, I'll be on the hunt for those. ^^
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Deets?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Those are looking good.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"