The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:15 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
whiskaz wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Watched let us prey last night. That was a lot of fun :shock:
Eh.
Eh yourself :P

I liked it. It wasn't zomg incredible but I enjoyed the fudge out of it.

About to watch Creep. It looks....interesting.http://letterboxd.com/film/creep-2014/
Watch it. I drymounting LOVED it
I watched Creep last night. I'm a big Mark Duplass fan but this one didn't do a whole lot for me. It was funny at times, but slow and not really that entertaining.

(paraphrasing)... "And after that... the internet wasn't slow anymore." haha...
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Poltergeist reboot was atrocious. not that I expected anything from it , but yikes.
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:50 pm

kannibaliztik wrote:Poltergeist reboot was atrocious. not that I expected anything from it , but yikes.
Wasn't a fan. Only reason i even went to see it was because a friend invited me and i was super damn bored.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:10 am

I don't even know if I'd go to atrocious, just really boring and oh yay a drone. They made sure to have that for the future if anyone watches, they'll be able to know for sure its from 2015.
fanboy
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:04 am

I've been reading too many horror magazines lately and have a list of some movies I really want to see. Has anybody heard good or bad about any of these? Any other new stuff coming out?

The Sleeping Room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYXx9WExjEo

Wyrmwood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgo0ZWlK4pk

Spring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftOMkr9eYS8

Turbo Kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh23-rQUi5U

The Gallows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_8OKImO2pc
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:27 am

Wyrmwood is not a terrible way to spend ~90 minutes. I thought it was fun, especially for a played-out subgenre. It has a vintage-Peter Jackson vibe to it.

I didn't care for Spring (believe it's been discussed in this thread).

The rest I have not seen.
andruw000
Art Expert

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:03 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
whiskaz wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Watched let us prey last night. That was a lot of fun :shock:
Eh.
Eh yourself :P

I liked it. It wasn't zomg incredible but I enjoyed the fudge out of it.

About to watch Creep. It looks....interesting.http://letterboxd.com/film/creep-2014/
Watch it. I drymounting LOVED it
watched creep. definitely recommend checking it out.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:09 am

Glad you liked it. :pint:

Stung is up now. About to give that one a go. Hope its decent. Haven't watched a creature feature in quite awhile.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:51 am

Finally got around to watchin A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night. It was alright-good, but i don't see how it warrants the hype. At all.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:40 pm

The Gallows in theater, do it or don't do it? I'm concerned it may be typical dumb jump scares with no substance but I've read a few good reviews
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:46 am

I did it. Not sure why I did it, not sure why I expected anything worth a damn.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:47 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:I did it. Not sure why I did it, not sure why I expected anything worth a damn.
Was it even worth me downloading online? Because that's the most I thought of it.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:20 am

63schoeffling wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:I did it. Not sure why I did it, not sure why I expected anything worth a damn.
Was it even worth me downloading online? Because that's the most I thought of it.
For me, not really except to say you saw it so you can have your own opinion on it. I'm just not into cheap jump scares, some of the jump scares were legit for something 'scary' or bad in the movie, but when it's a false jump scare to a friend or to something harmless, it's just a disservice to any movie using it. Ontop of that I found the characters annoying and the ending was pretty convoluted with a lot of very poor decisions but in many cases I guess those are forgivable for horror movies. Just found myself wishing I'd stayed home and watched something else.
fanboy
Art Expert

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 am

My girlfriend and I saw The Gallows last night. I didn't think it was too bad. I was entertained. I liked the atmosphere, it had some good anticipation and the back story was interesting. But as Cinalabyrinth said, some of the characters were annoying and several unnecessary jumps. It was very predictable throughout most of it. A good rental down the road but didn't gain anything by a theater experience. Except for the fact that we saw it in the theaters new "Luxury Suites" and it was storming outside. The luxury suites have very big leather seats with huge arm rests and a TON of leg room.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Has anyone seen the old slasher/monster film "Neon Maniacs"? If so, is it good?
Just heard about it for the first time while listening to the latest Killer POV podcast. Seems promising, if schlocky.