Grateful Dead Fare Thee Well 50 15 DuBois

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:19 am

dutchflowers wrote:
kenschneidman wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:All of the statements from Mike and Woodstock are incredibly convoluted.

Why not just tell us how many Woodstock is selling? Do they think a large edition will dissuade buyers? I highly doubt it. People are gobbling up the edition of 5,000. Anything smaller than that would be a good thing IMHO.

Also, the site says the print is $69 but when you hit the Pay Pal button is charges you $75. Ha Ha!

Now the photo of the print is gone from the Woodstock site and Mike has deleted the posts regarding Woodstock from his FB page.

The mystery continues. :)

That was done so you guys would STOP ordering. This was never meant to be sold to the general public, but just to a few select people on a mailing list. ONE of you decided to post it on Facebook, then share it, and then all heck broke lose. So.... That's why the links are down.
Huh?! That makes no sense as the page advertising the sale was straight from the "Timmy Doyle" School of ALL CAPS marketing. "LIMITED... WE ARE EVERYWHERE SO DONT WAIT THIS OUT"
That sure doesn't sound like a sales pitch to a select few fans on a mailing list.
Doyle, on the other hand, needs every trick he can use to sell his junk...

To make things even more confusing, the Woodstock link doesn't work any longer. I emailed and asked if they have anymore and was sent a new link that has them listed at $113 shipped. Seems that the price keeps going up on these too. :roll:
Maryanneasta
New User

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:13 am

Hey and Good Morning!
Let ME clear this up for you.
I have a PRIVATE MAILING list that I sent that $69 hologram Golden Road offer to.
These are my LONG TERM customers. It was a GIFT of sorts as the posters are unsigned at $60.
I trucked to MERCH before the shows, bought posters at $60 each, and walked through the crowds over a mile back to my hotel to store them. Several times.
Today I am either FEDEXING or paying for an extra luggage charge to get them home, then signed.

This was an OFFER for MY email list. I never posted this on Ebay, or even my own website.

BUT you guys managed to get a hold of the email and post it here. And bitch about it even though you know you got an awesome deal.

Anyone wanting a refund ? I'd love to refund you because these posters are $99 to the general public, which is most of you.

Have a wonderful day. Today is my travel day. But you can email me at maryanneasta@yahoo.com I won't be checking this board again today.

Peace and love,
Maryanne ~ Woodstock Artist Collective
Maryanneasta
New User

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:27 am

HI ~ Maryanne Asta here ~ Woodstock Artist Collective.

I had a very limited number that I PURCHASED for $60 at the shows, carried back to my hotel (over a mile through a sea of heads), and then back again for the shows. Packed up and shipped (have to pay for that too!) to NY where I will have them signed.

I DID THIS FOR MY PRIVATE MAILING LIST. I have folks that have been buying through WAC for years, and $69 was a "gift" for them.

I NEVER posted any links on Facebook, or EB, or even my OWN website. This was a private offering. The price of the poster is $99 now.

You all somehow got it though. I am halfway tempted to cancel your orders because I see these on Ebay already. Flippers....

Anyone wanting a REFUND email me at maryanneasta@yahoo.com I will GLADLY give you one! The others on here, I am figuring it out. Checking your IDS on here and Ebay.....

Questions ? EMAIL ME at maryanneasta@yahoo.com Peace and love!
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44 pm

kushmeja wrote:
dutchflowers wrote:
kenschneidman wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:All of the statements from Mike and Woodstock are incredibly convoluted.

Why not just tell us how many Woodstock is selling? Do they think a large edition will dissuade buyers? I highly doubt it. People are gobbling up the edition of 5,000. Anything smaller than that would be a good thing IMHO.

Also, the site says the print is $69 but when you hit the Pay Pal button is charges you $75. Ha Ha!

Now the photo of the print is gone from the Woodstock site and Mike has deleted the posts regarding Woodstock from his FB page.

The mystery continues. :)

That was done so you guys would STOP ordering. This was never meant to be sold to the general public, but just to a few select people on a mailing list. ONE of you decided to post it on Facebook, then share it, and then all heck broke lose. So.... That's why the links are down.
Huh?! That makes no sense as the page advertising the sale was straight from the "Timmy Doyle" School of ALL CAPS marketing. "LIMITED... WE ARE EVERYWHERE SO DONT WAIT THIS OUT"
That sure doesn't sound like a sales pitch to a select few fans on a mailing list.
Doyle, on the other hand, needs every trick he can use to sell his junk...

To make things even more confusing, the Woodstock link doesn't work any longer. I emailed and asked if they have anymore and was sent a new link that has them listed at $113 shipped. Seems that the price keeps going up on these too. :roll:
Just noticed that. I wonder how many were left after the shows?

Debating on pulling the trigger on this. It's such a sick print!
KyleLindgren
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Just got back from CHI... Trying to catch up on all of these threads.

Is there anywhere I can still purchase this online?

Thanks so much, I am moving a bit slow today..... :)
1000steps
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:33 pm

mrkyuss wrote:It's like Woodstock in here.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Boy, for all the "signed and numbered" copies of this that have sold on eBay I have yet to see a pic of an actual signature or number on any of them.
I'm not someone else.
atxcojo

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Is this the same one that was sold via the Woodstock Artist Collective website or whatever? What's the difference?
Berlee
New User

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:56 pm

"I am halfway tempted to cancel your orders because I see these on Ebay already. Flippers...."

How is selling a crapload of $60 prints for $100+ through a private website not considered flipping, but someone selling the copy that they bought on EBAY is? Strange world we live in!

Personally, I don't care what other people do with the prints that they buy, but I call a spade a spade too.
jimmyhoops
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:32 pm

This one took a minute to grow on me. Initially I passed on it in Santa Clara because I was looking for original art to commemorate the experience. It's certainly the nicest reimagining of iconic GD images I've ever seen on a single piece of paper; not to mention the holo-foil tech behind the image. I'm glad I have a friend who snagged one for me in Chicago. The fact that the price has gone up is no surprise. That's just the way the collectables market goes and with 5,000 printed, there were plenty of opportunities for show attendees to purchase one for at least 4 of the 5 show dates.
~JimmyHoops...Widespread Panic and Grateful Dead Poster Fanatic!
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:36 pm

jimmyhoops wrote:This one took a minute to grow on me. Initially I passed on it in Santa Clara because I was looking for original art to commemorate the experience. It's certainly the nicest reimagining of iconic GD images I've ever seen on a single piece of paper; not to mention the holo-foil tech behind the image. I'm glad I have a friend who snagged one for me in Chicago. The fact that the price has gone up is no surprise. That's just the way the collectables market goes and with 5,000 printed, there were plenty of opportunities for show attendees to purchase one for at least 4 of the 5 show dates.
I'm guessing the Dead will have plenty of these left to sell in their online store at some point.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:50 pm

I'm concerned about the long term value of these posters and will I be able to cash in?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
jimmyhoops wrote:This one took a minute to grow on me. Initially I passed on it in Santa Clara because I was looking for original art to commemorate the experience. It's certainly the nicest reimagining of iconic GD images I've ever seen on a single piece of paper; not to mention the holo-foil tech behind the image. I'm glad I have a friend who snagged one for me in Chicago. The fact that the price has gone up is no surprise. That's just the way the collectables market goes and with 5,000 printed, there were plenty of opportunities for show attendees to purchase one for at least 4 of the 5 show dates.
I'm guessing the Dead will have plenty of these left to sell in their online store at some point.
its been said they might print more. passed on all the shirts betting they would print more, same with the blanket and coffee mug. one thing they wont print more of is the numbered prints and mail order tickets.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:12 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:I'm concerned about the long term value of these posters and will I be able to cash in?
You've made the right first step in coming to us. For the poster buyer on a budget, a time-share arrangement is the perfect solution...an amalgamation if you will of permanent ownership and the simple fact that you just don't look at everything all the time. How many weeks can we put you down for?
just a foil for me today, thanks
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:13 pm

applehead wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
its been said they might print more. passed on all the shirts betting they would print more, same with the blanket and coffee mug. one thing they wont print more of is the numbered prints and mail order tickets.
I'd be willing to bet they include mail order tickets into their GD50 boxset or whatever. For display purposes, nothing is different on the front anyways so if you wanted to toss a set of MO tix from the boxset into a framed print or something, you could definitely do that.